Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kyo_sohma951

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely an isolated problem then. I would go to options, and do force update. If you are playing on a server, make sure that you are on the same version they are on. You can still log into a 1.10 server with 1.11 downloaded and the opposite. But some recipes won't work at all.
I'm playing it on single player at the moment, and how would I do a force update?

Kyo_sohma951

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, I'll try that if I could even get the game to start again. Whenever I try to launch the modpack java crashes. Ideas?

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
I would strongly reconsider if you really want to stick moving fantasy metals to the dream world.
With HO its almost impossible to get established, most people just grab a few wisps and gtfo

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, FTB just got an entire new meaning for me. Great job devs on this pack. It's sick, scary and brings a good challenge !

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
I can't make the blank pattern item, i don't know about the rest because i am unable to craft them without the blank pattern[DOUBLEPOST=1401490436][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's not that, I cant even craft the blank patterns
blank patterns in this pack are just 4 sticks in the crafting grid[DOUBLEPOST=1401498336][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would bloodnbones still work if i installed optifine?
and the pack will not support u adding mods it breaks it

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you could go in and build up during a good dream then return during a bad one to kill you nightmare with tools made during the good dream.
That's pretty much the best plan for it. There is a certain brew in witchery that allows you to get rid of the nightmares "invulnerability". If you try to just go at it with nothing, you'll either end up dying, or taking 10 minutes to try to kill it with your fist after trapping it, all while it could decide to randomly teleport and reset it's health. The only real other choices are plants from the spirit world, which are far too easy to get and fantasy ores, which are impossible to get.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
That's pretty much the best plan for it. There is a certain brew in witchery that allows you to get rid of the nightmares "invulnerability". If you try to just go at it with nothing, you'll either end up dying, or taking 10 minutes to try to kill it with your fist after trapping it, all while it could decide to randomly teleport and reset it's health. The only real other choices are plants from the spirit world, which are far too easy to get and fantasy ores, which are impossible to get.

I really like the idea of having to jump into your nightmare to conqueror it. It would make the second start in the dream world have a clearly defined purpose beside "get better ores".
You can use the Dreamweaver of nightmares to get into a good dream. Setup a base and gear up a bit. Make a brew to combat the nightmare and go take it on! After that you unlock the ability to transfer items between dimension via an enderchest and get access to the fantasy ores. It has a pretty cool progression to it. And adds the nightmare in as a kind of boss.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the idea of having to jump into your nightmare to conqueror it. It would make the second start in the dream world have a clearly defined purpose beside "get better ores".
You can use the Dreamweaver of nightmares to get into a good dream. Setup a base and gear up a bit. Make a brew to combat the nightmare and go take it on! After that you unlock the ability to transfer items between dimension via an enderchest and get access to the fantasy ores. It has a pretty cool progression to it. And adds the nightmare in as a kind of boss.
Exactly! The only real problem is its "invulnerability" is temporary, and it's possible with a bit of luck, a lot of time and a ton of food to trap and punch it to death.

EDIT: moved edit to new post. :p

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly! The only real problem is its "invulnerability" is temporary, and it's possible with a bit of luck, a lot of time and a ton of food to trap and punch it to death.

Well, I was going to use the nightmare for something else, but I guess plans will be changing.
I'm going to need to prep some things to see if I can get the next update out by Monday.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was going to use the nightmare for something else, but I guess plans will be changing.
I'm going to need to prep some things to see if I can get the next update out by Monday.
What had you planned to use the nightmare for? I did think of a possible way to get around the "punch till it dies" method, perhaps with something like (if I properly understand the mob properties mod) setting the Nightmare to have 1000 health if it doesn't have the weakness effect(which standing in the liquid placed by the brew designed to fight it applies).

PS: I'm excited to mess around with this mob properties mod now that I've read how to use it. I'll make a .JSON file for the nightmare first, to make sure what I just suggested is even possible.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
What had you planned to use the nightmare for? I did think of a possible way to get around the "punch till it dies" method, perhaps with something like (if I properly understand the mob properties mod) setting the Nightmare to have 1000 health if it doesn't have the weakness effect(which standing in the liquid placed by the brew designed to fight it applies).

PS: I'm excited to mess around with this mob properties mod now that I've read how to use it. I'll make a .JSON file for the nightmare first, to make sure what I just suggested is even possible.

Actually, the nightmare I had modified originally dropped one of the Keystones that was originally going to be required to reach the End. There are three Keystones listed in NEI.

Now, I'm planning on the three Keystones coming from special withers. Each will be created in a different dimension, Deep Dark, Nether, and the Dream World.

Reactions: Batch2

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the nightmare I had modified originally dropped one of the Keystones that was originally going to be required to reach the End. There are three Keystones listed in NEI.

Now, I'm planning on the three Keystones coming from special withers. Each will be created in a different dimension, Deep Dark, Nether, and the Dream World.
0o0o0o00o, really cool idea. Those bosses sound like they have some very cool possibilities. I've always wanted to fight wither that weren't absolutely pathetic. Very, very excited to see how they turn out.

Any plans to add the HQM mod into the pack in the future(obviously not soon, quests are hardly a priority for this pack), sort of as a way to lower the steep learning curve of the pack? For instance a quest to make your first flint tool, boosting your pickaxe, etc. Pretty much as a tutorial, so that people can get frustrated due to mobs or hunger related deaths, rather than not knowing what to do next because they don't know that you need to use flint for your first tools, or you need to get steel from the nether, or you need to craft the end portal instead of finding it in the world, etc.

Nerfedplayer

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Blargerist, the main issue with SoL is there is no scaling in it. If you have a bad start and cannot find the required 7 types of food before the first night you are almost guaranteed to die to starvation. Now I do get the point of it, namely to stop people just relying on one food type for the entire game but without scaling it just ruins the early game.

Maybe give it a delay? say no issue first couple of nights but after that each subsequent night you have to eat one more food type. That way it does alter food late game but allows people to survive those first nights bit easier.