Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Question for you. I had a couple of players in a dungeon tonite, and around level 3 they picked up wither skeleton skulls, and got more later on level 4. Is this part of the progression, or something random in the dungeon chests?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Question for you. I had a couple of players in a dungeon tonite, and around level 3 they picked up wither skeleton skulls, and got more later on level 4. Is this part of the progression, or something random in the dungeon chests?

Part of roguelike.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of the random rooms that can spawn inside a roguelike dungeon. Fairly large room covered in alcoves. Each alcove can contain either a skeleton skull, wither skeleton skull, or be empty.

PS: @Eyamaz Any news on how 1.8 is coming? I imagine my constant balance/config suggestions have been pushing it back a bit. :p

Last edited:

geneweaver

Jul 29, 2019
hello.. still loving the pack!!!!
in one of my slow build worlds i would like to turn off the zombie invasion (working on pretty builds) where and what is the config setting to do this?
as always THANKS!

the garden
6clH2MQ

Last edited:

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of the random rooms that can spawn inside a roguelike dungeon. Fairly large room covered in alcoves. Each alcove can contain either a skeleton skull, wither skeleton skull, or be empty.

PS: @Eyamaz Any news on how 1.8 is coming? I imagine my constant balance/config suggestions have been pushing it back a bit. :p
i went back in the thread, i didnt see any. these changes wouldnt happen to be the same changes that the forsaken server has done right?

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
hello.. still loving the pack!!!!
in one of my slow build worlds i would like to turn off the zombie invasion (working on pretty builds) where and what is the config setting to do this?
as always THANKS!

the garden
6clH2MQ
As far as I know, you should be able to disable it if you go to your BnB folder - Configs and open the "HostileWorlds.cfg", and then just edit the lines

B:invasionCaves=true
B:invasionPortal=true

Both to false. That should do it I imagine c:

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
i went back in the thread, i didnt see any. these changes wouldnt happen to be the same changes that the forsaken server has done right?
Flight, magical crops, etc.... The Forsaken changes aren't really suggestions, since I seem to be more evil than Eyamaz sometimes. :p

PS: On the subject of Magical Crops, I just finished the first part of the recipe rewrites for Forsaken. Anyone feel free to use them if you like. Essence costs increased, most seed costs increased, all seeds require an essence seed instead of a wheat seed. I will be rewriting the essence recipes in the future.

File Path: BloodNBones>config>minetweaker>BnBMagicalCropsRecipes.cfg
http://pastebin.com/fV1qK3m5

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Shameless Self Promotion
http://www.forsaken.co/threads/blood-n-bones.698/
Powerful Server, Dedication to high difficulty, Public, Anarchy/Raiding/Pvp.
Note: Gas Gen Broken On Our Server.​

Last edited:

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Flight, magical crops, etc.... The Forsaken changes aren't really suggestions, since I seem to be more evil than Eyamaz sometimes. :p

PS: On the subject of Magical Crops, I just finished the first part of the recipe rewrites for Forsaken. Anyone feel free to use them if you like. Essence costs increased, most seed costs increased, all seeds require an essence seed instead of a wheat seed. I will be rewriting the essence recipes in the future.

File Path: BloodNBones>config>minetweaker>BnBMagicalCropsRecipes.cfg
http://pastebin.com/fV1qK3m5

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Shameless Self Promotion
http://www.forsaken.co/threads/blood-n-bones.698/
Powerful Server, Dedication to high difficulty, Public, Anarchy/Raiding/Pvp.
Note: Gas Gen Broken On Our Server.​
do alot of players play BnB on your server? i can see Noobs rage quiting already...lol
I think Eyamaz does a great job balancing it. why change it

I cant say i agree with the need of an essence seed to craft any other type. Those seeds are not the easiest to come by.

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
If they are noobs and don't know what BNB is, they quit no matter what. A bit more difficulty doesn't matter a whole bunch. If they come into the modpack, not knowing what it is, then it's a harsh learning curve, mostly in expectations. Same thing happened in MagicFarm. People died to special and infernal mobs, couldn't make vanilla tools, and ragequit. Our changes in taking out harvesters and other easy autofarms caused some consternation, but not much quitting for an easier server. They were there because it was hard. BNB is harder, and that's the attraction of it. Plugging a few more holes shouldn't change people's minds much.

I've had a few people come over to try our server vs forsaken, but it wasn't do to mobs, recipes or the modpack. They just wanted to build and not get raided by other players and lose the progress they made. Conversely, we've had a a few people who really want to be able to raid and pvp, so I sent them over to forsaken. But never a complaint about the changes they made to make things more difficult.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
do alot of players play BnB on your server? i can see Noobs rage quiting already...lol
I think Eyamaz does a great job balancing it. why change it
A reasonable amount of people play considering we still haven't set up advertising on the ftbservers website. I've never seen someone quit over our server specific balance changes, only to the pack in general being too hard for them, or wanting to have a raiding free enviroment.
I cant say i agree with the need of an essence seed to craft any other type. Those seeds are not the easiest to come by.
That's the point. :D Crops that let you literally grow diamonds, mob drops, and even wither skulls shouldn't be crafted with something as pedestrian as a vanilla wheat seed.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, serious bug reporting time. :p I was fighting a nice spawner zombie with my fancy smancy looting/fortune 3 scythe, and what did it drop? A zombie spawner. Got any idea how to remove the item drops from SpecialAi yet, @Eyamaz? This is a bit ridiculous.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, serious bug reporting time. :p I was fighting a nice spawner zombie with my fancy smancy looting/fortune 3 scythe, and what did it drop? A zombie spawner. Got any idea how to remove the item drops from SpecialAi yet, @Eyamaz? This is a bit ridiculous.
i call that a nice drop...lol
you do know you can pick up and move spawners, they are everywhere.

maxclem

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

Sorry to bother you with this, but i've got small problem here. I'm using the Mattock (i've use iron, copper and Damascus Steel), but instead of tilling the soil, it will transform it to dirt.

It's kind of a small/big problem, cause from what i see, it's suppose to be the only thing for tillering soil.

I'm doing something wrong?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

Sorry to bother you with this, but i've got small problem here. I'm using the Mattock (i've use iron, copper and Damascus Steel), but instead of tilling the soil, it will transform it to dirt.

It's kind of a small/big problem, cause from what i see, it's suppose to be the only thing for tillering soil.

I'm doing something wrong?
The soil must be close enough to water to be tilled.

you dont need a nether star to move a spawner, just 5 iron & 3 diamonds.... =) they are called dolly
Hmmm, i must look into this "dolly"....

kapoda

Jul 29, 2019
might be a stupid question but how do i get essence of darkness i can't find the recipe in NEI or what is the way to get to the deep dark to get fantasy ores?