Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

geneweaver

Jul 29, 2019
First of all. thanks thanks thank. still finding more recipes that show up but don't work. turret and backpack too this list. are setup is SMP world started in 1.0.3 and upgrade to 1.0.4. BOP is disabled but i ahve installed Tinkers mecworks. thanks

dlukz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've tried looking this information up but have come up empty. How do you find an ender portal. Eye of Ender's dont work/throw?

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've tried looking this information up but have come up empty. How do you find an ender portal. Eye of Ender's dont work/throw?

End portals do not exist naturally, they were removed. You have to build the end portal yourself from End Portal Frames which requires 2 tartarite ingots, 3 manyullyn ingots, 2 enderium ingots, 1 end stone, and 1 nether star which will make 3 End Portal Frames. You need 12 frames so 4 times that amount for materials. You will also need 12 eye of enders to put in the frames once you place them, as usual.

Reactions: Shazam08

dlukz

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't sure if they were removed, thanks for clarifying, yay, now i have to go see if i can get some wither skeletons to spawn :\.

Also, if you have JABBA Barrels, DO NOT downgrade back to 1.0.3

New bug, Making Iron Bricks(2x2 iron ingots results in gold bricks), which can then be turned back into ingots

Last edited:

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I did a little bit on the end portal in a test video here:

It's at 16 minutes in, but I can't figure out how to link to a time on this forum.

There's 2 things to be careful of.
1) Make sure you place the blocks while standing inside the frame area.
2) The portal frames act like bedrock. They can't be broken once you place them except in creative mode.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't sure if they were removed, thanks for clarifying, yay, now i have to go see if i can get some wither skeletons to spawn :\.

Forgot to mention the most important thing, when you place the End Portal Frames, stand in the center of where you want the portal and then just turn to place them. There is a video in this thread that shows how to create the end portal. If you don't do it right, your portal won't work and you can not remove the blocks without going to creative mode.

Edit: And apparently I was a little slow in posting... :)

PearlescentDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if not requiring pickaxes to be boosted to mine the next tier of material is by design. As is, by the time you find lava for a smeltery, you have most likely already found lots of iron and some tin. So, once you have a smeltery, you can make a copper pickaxe, go mine a few iron, make an iron pickaxe, go mine a few tin, and then make a bronze pickaxe. You can go from a flint pickaxe to a bronze pickaxe in roughly 10 minutes if not less. And if you want to make an alumite pickaxe, you just need to mine an obsidian which you can make with the lava you already found, so just a few more minutes for that and now you can mine ardite and go to the nether. Or you can expand your base using a bronze pickaxe to get it boosted and then you can mine ardite with your bronze pickaxe. All depends on if you want to make alumite which isn't used for any recipes, just tinkers' construct tools.

Since I haven't played with boosts required I am not sure on the mechanics. As in, if you boost a copper pickaxe and then upgrade that pickaxe to iron, do you have to boost it again or does it stay boosted? If you need to boost an upgraded pick again then all the better.

Of course, all requiring boosts does is put a bit of a delay before people can mine the next tier of ores. I don't know if that is desirable or not.
A worse edge-case is damascus steel, in my opinion, which I stumbled upon accidentally yesterday: You can go from a copper pickaxe directly to a pickaxe able to mine ardite. It's quite simple as it only requires bronze + iron.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Found an issue with v1.0.4. Finally got 10 diamonds and am in the process of making a pulverizer. I put all the parts in for the Motor (9005:15) and it shows the Motor in the output of the crafting table, but when I try to take the motor out of the crafting table, it goes back in to the crafting table. Tried just picking it up with the mouse and shift-left click but they don't work. Shift-left click shows the Motor on my hotbar for a moment and then it disappears and is back in the crafting table. I've tried making just one and making multiple at a time. The materials also disappear for a moment when trying to pull out the Motor but then they come back into the crafting table. So, not losing any materials.

Anyone else having this issue or anyone know how to fix it?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a few items having that sort of 'See it but can't craft it" bug. The motor, however, is sort of an essential one. :)

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I assume all the "it's there but won't craft" recipes are SMP...

Yes. Had the server admin exchange some Motors for the materials and I went on crafting and found the Weather Collector has the same issue as the Motors.

Also, the Sawmill requires an undamaged Iron Saw to craft. Not that big a deal, but just thought I would mention it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Had the server admin exchange some Motors for the materials and I went on crafting and found the Weather Collector has the same issue as the Motors.

Also, the Sawmill requires an undamaged Iron Saw to craft. Not that big a deal, but just thought I would mention it.

I'll see if I can get the SMP recipes to behave properly. The sawmill recipe is going to change since I can't force the saw to be used up it seems...

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
And just because I know you want more bug reports, Nether Mythril Ore and Nether Adamantium Ore can not be smelted in a plain furnace, an Iron Furnace, nor a Redstone Furnace. :rolleyes: Haven't tried any other furnaces.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
And of minor concern at best, but cranberrie juice also doesnt want to leave the crafting table. SMP, haven't seen a cranberry in my SP game yet

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Hey since we're putting bugs here... Eyemaz... On smp I tried to make the dust for tartarine... Couldn't pull it out of the crafting grid. Can't make an end portal without the stuff. :-(

dlukz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey since we're putting bugs here... Eyemaz... On smp I tried to make the dust for tartarine... Couldn't pull it out of the crafting grid. Can't make an end portal without the stuff. :-(
He's on my server, The smeltry works fine for making the alloy.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.5 pushed to the launcher

changed crusher output speeds
fixed mob spawns
fixed SMP broken recipes (I hope)
fixed enderobsidian typo
wood nerfs enabled
changed charcoal recipe
updated some mods

Reactions: Booyadude

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome. Anxious to play.

Impatiently awaiting for whatever work they are doing on launcher to get done. Hitting 'launch' just makes the launcher think about it, laugh at me, and then do nothing.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a message in my SinglePlayer game: ID 7785,7786,7787 from Hardcore Ender Expansion missing. Assuming these were just things that were taken out?