Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Early game you can make juice out if the berries you find. A juicer is a stone pressure plate and piece of smooth stone. Gives you a half heart and one full haunch of hunger

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Is charcoal basically out of the question in 1.0.5? Only early way to make sawdust is from the Metallurgy crusher, it seems... except you need to put more than 1 coal worth of fuel in to make 1 charcoal. Plus you need 2 logs to make 1 charcoal.

Edit: Didn't notice the change to coal torches. Guess its not as much as a problem as I thought it was.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Copper crusher outputs a yeild of 6 dust per coal (3 logs) makes 1.5 compressed sawdust. You basically get a net yield of ~3.125 charcoal early game vs fuel consumption.
A steel crusher/furnace combo should have a net yeild of 9 charcoal over fuel consumed.

Reactions: TerraSleet

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Added 3 of the Let's Plays I follow listed under the last spoiler.

Are you a Tuber doing a Let's Play? My requirements are simple.
At least 5 vids into the series.
Don't be a d-bag (that's my job. I consider this trying to usurp my position :p)

edit: also note, I will link directly to your channel, not just to the lets play playlist, so that people can see what else you do.
Cool man. Thanks! :)

Reactions: Eyamaz

Azyraphal

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble starting Thermal Expansion. I found the 9 diamonds, the vulcanite, still need some ignatius (i whent mining in nether without fire protection, lost all my stuff to those monster throwing lava blocks at you)

But how do the hell I get these first steel ingots? do i have to get 6 of them in dungeon loot?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble starting Thermal Expansion. I found the 9 diamonds, the vulcanite, still need some ignatius (i whent mining in nether without fire protection, lost all my stuff to those monster throwing lava blocks at you)

But how do the hell I get these first steel ingots? do i have to get 6 of them in dungeon loot?

You get it from melting Pig Iron from NetherOres.

After you make an induction smelter, you can process your own steel from iron. Till then you have to "steel" from the Lord of Hell. :p

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
Did the entire "pick requires boost" mechanic get ninja fixed into the pack ? I noticed today that all of a sudden, copper picks only mine copper level and iron only iron, as opposed to just yesterday where they were mining iron and tin respectively. (at least, I'm pretty sure they were like that yesterday)

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Is charcoal basically out of the question in 1.0.5? Only early way to make sawdust is from the Metallurgy crusher, it seems... except you need to put more than 1 coal worth of fuel in to make 1 charcoal. Plus you need 2 logs to make 1 charcoal.

I strongly suggest getting into the habit of farming rubber trees. Once I did I stopped even considering coal/charcoal. The rubber I use for torches and the wood I convert into planks to use as fuel in my furnaces. ~5 minutes of chopping wood in my rubber grove yields me enough rubber to make a stack of torches. Rubber trees grow fast and drop a lot of saplings so setting up a small rubber tree forest outside of your base is a trivial task.

Added 3 of the Let's Plays I follow listed under the last spoiler.
Cheers! It's appreciated.

Reactions: Shazam08 and Eyamaz

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I found out the hard way that you can use Opis Minimap's teleport ability while in Survival mode... and by "the hard way", I mean dying on Hardcore by teleporting directly on top of a horde of mobs above my hidey hole at night :mad:

dlukz

Jul 29, 2019
I found out the hard way that you can use Opis Minimap's teleport ability while in Survival mode... and by "the hard way", I mean dying on Hardcore by teleporting directly on top of a horde of mobs above my hidey hole at night :mad:
Don't cheat like a sissy! ;)

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
How do you farm things like wheat in this modpack?
You need to make a mattock in order to till the soil. To make a mattock, you need the smeltery, which you need seared bricks for, which needs grout, which is made from gravel, sand and clay. You get a book telling you the specifics of how to make it, but you'll need a minimum of 52 of each to make it.
A mattock is made from a shovel head, an axe head and a tool rod, and needs to be at least pure copper (seemingly just only metals/alloys required to make ?)

The crops then require sunlight to grow, torch light will not work. And they take around 4 times longer to grow or so than normally.

jack751

Jul 29, 2019
You need to make a mattock in order to till the soil. To make a mattock, you need the smeltery, which you need seared bricks for, which needs grout, which is made from gravel, sand and clay. You get a book telling you the specifics of how to make it, but you'll need a minimum of 52 of each to make it.
A mattock is made from a shovel head, an axe head and a tool rod, and needs to be at least pure copper (seemingly just only metals/alloys required to make ?)

The crops then require sunlight to grow, torch light will not work. And they take around 4 times longer to grow or so than normally.
Thank you for the quick reply i did not realize it could only be made of metal

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Paging @Eyamaz!

Yeah, I'm thinking this is going to be yet another issue of cmi with BoP. If that's true, I may end up pulling it and do some testing with highlands instead.

Any decisions on this yet? Will BoP be replaced by Highlands in the future?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely adore the modpack Eyamaz, it's the hardcore style I've been looking for for a long time.

I'm curious though, as to your reasoning behind adding the "Random Things" mod, which seems to add quite a few powerful items for very cheap, such as: Block Mover, Block Replacer, Magnetic Force, Entity Mover, etc.

Also, it feels like Magical Crops grow quite fast... Do they have the correct growth time multiplier?

On another note, the network i'm a part of recently started a public BnB server, and I would like to extend the invitation to anyone to come and enjoy dying with us. All information is here: http://www.forsaken.co/threads/blood-n-bones.698 (I apologize in advance if posting this violates any rules)

Last edited:

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Deleting config/mapwriter.cfg didn't fix the grey minimap color for me. Anyone else seeing this?

I found block 2 (grass) in MapWriterBlockColours.txt is a stone color and tried to change it to a green, but it seems to generate and overwrite the file on load. Then I confirmed it looked ok in Magic Farm 2 and tried is copying over the 3 mapwriter config files from MF2 into BnB, but I still had grey grass. Both are Opis 1.2.0 with the same config files, so I'm not sure what the difference is.

Any other ideas on what's going on there?
FYI all, I figured this one out. The gray Mapwriter maps are because I didn't enable Biomesoplenty after the update. So the map was generated with BoP, but after the 1.0.5 update BoP wasn't loaded and confused everything. Just re-enabled and it looks good again (once you re-explore the area). Oops

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely adore the modpack Eyamaz, it's the hardcore style I've been looking for for a long time.

I'm curious though, as to your reasoning behind adding the "Random Things" mod, which seems to add quite a few powerful items for very cheap, such as: Block Mover, Block Replacer, Magnetic Force, Entity Mover, etc.

Also, it feels like Magical Crops grow quite fast... Do they have the correct growth time multiplier?

They grow fast, but are quite toned down. Each plant gives back one seed. So to get a lot of the essence plants means kicking a hell of a lot of grass. After that, either a lot of mining or havesting that little field of essence seeds over and over will let you get the better plants, but at 4x the resources each time.

dlukz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is pissing me off, I had an invader zombie portal show up. I went to that place and there was a HUGE pyramid of moss stones, the boss was taking damage and dying. he finally died, and the hand thing was on top of the pyramid. I came back and destroyed the portal, hoping those fuckers wouldn't come back and destroy my base. Now they're back, digging through everything. I've looked for a new portal but cannot find one, these assholes just keep coming. Is it possible to disable them. It seems to be a stupid mod, and the dev even says it's nowhere near complete