Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
You got lucky getting the glove :) But yes, from what I've read, disabling the portal should stop the waves. There might be another portal. Use the map and scroll around. A new portal would have been within a couple of hundred blocks of where your character was when the meteor hit. You may have to close another one.

dlukz

Jul 29, 2019
there was another one that showed up, luckily i tossed myself into creative mode, ran opis, teleported to the ZombieMiner, cofh killall'd those bitchasses and backtracked their trail back to the new portal which was under a tree so it was impossible to see in the minimap. I still want to disable this stupid option, and i think everyone should have it turned of by default because of how busted it is.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is pissing me off, I had an invader zombie portal show up. I went to that place and there was a HUGE pyramid of moss stones, the boss was taking damage and dying. he finally died, and the hand thing was on top of the pyramid. I came back and destroyed the portal, hoping those fuckers wouldn't come back and destroy my base. Now they're back, digging through everything. I've looked for a new portal but cannot find one, these assholes just keep coming. Is it possible to disable them. It seems to be a stupid mod, and the dev even says it's nowhere near complete
there was another one that showed up, luckily i tossed myself into creative mode, ran opis, teleported to the ZombieMiner, cofh killall'd those bitchasses and backtracked their trail back to the new portal which was under a tree so it was impossible to see in the minimap. I still want to disable this stupid option, and i think everyone should have it turned of by default because of how busted it is.

Give me two full constructive paragraph of why I should disable this in SSP. These paragraphs must not contain any personal opinion like "it's stupid," as is your current complaint. If you can not come up a more valid argument than what you have, then I will not consider your request.
As you can see looking back on posts, I consider all valid request and suggestions.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
They grow fast, but are quite toned down. Each plant gives back one seed. So to get a lot of the essence plants means kicking a hell of a lot of grass. After that, either a lot of mining or havesting that little field of essence seeds over and over will let you get the better plants, but at 4x the resources each time.

I've never played with the mod before now, and thus I have no idea how toned down it may or may not be, I am simply comparing it to other things in the modpack. If one was to stand there using a watering can on a magical crops plant and some wheat for instance, they would notice that the magical crop grows in approximately 25 seconds of watering, while the wheat will only be at 14% growth in that time. It may be significantly harder to get the seeds for magical crops, but considering the rewards are much higher, is it really logical for them to also grow faster?

How exactly is it "Busted"? You said yourself that there was another portal, so the mod didn't bug out in any real way....

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, they don't need a portal to spawn. Once they've first appeared, they can also just spawn in caves around you (I'm assuming they spawn with a miner here too). But if you really want to, just go to the hostile config and turn off the invasions.

Reactions: Eyamaz

emcx

Jul 29, 2019
So what's up with computercraft turtles? Can't use recipes to equip it with cobalt picaxe, can't seem to be able to find the program for equipping items in inventory. Are they usable in any way, or just deemed OP and all recipes disabled?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use the new equip commands.
turtle.equipLeft() and turtle.equipRight() iirc

emcx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting "no such program"
Guessing it's because turtle runs CraftOS instead of TurtleOS ?

EDIT - oh wait, got it now. turtle.equipLeft() is not a command you can just input, it's a method you have to call from a program you write.
Or, alternatively, you can go to rom>programs>lua, and write it in there ;)

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, they don't need a portal to spawn. Once they've first appeared, they can also just spawn in caves around you (I'm assuming they spawn with a miner here too). But if you really want to, just go to the hostile config and turn off the invasions.

Yep, they spawn down in caves after the meteor hit. I believe the game mechanic is to first trigger your every now and then invasion, then decide portal or cave. If Portal, you may get waves of invaders with miners. Caves just give you the one wave.

Dlukz: IMHO they are in the modpack because they make the game more challenging, add a feeling of uncertainty and dread, and are funny as hell when they are trying to get to you. This is supposed to be a hard and challenging modpack. If there aren't things in it that kill you, piss you off until you learn to deal with them, and make you play better or smarter, well then, how is it hard?

Last edited:

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
erm... if you enable BOP and find a deadlands biome you are set for life for coal...

also i quickly found out i can't play because the TPS

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
erm... if you enable BOP and find a deadlands biome you are set for life for coal...

also i quickly found out i can't play because the TPS

And your life will be about 2 minutes long with the way lobbers and cinders spawn in that biome. :)

I'm trying to figure out if lobbers are are a problem. The idea of a lava mob guarding areas of surface lava is sort of cool. But once they get started tossing lava around, it's really impossible to deal with. Fires start, cinders spawn like crazy, and more lobbers. At 80 HP they are a tough mob to deal with, assuming you have decent gear. I need to test though if you can snipe with arrows from far enough off. They seem to take damage if they start coming out of the lava. But they also seem to spawn pretty fast, so killing the one wont help a lot if buddies show up while you are sniping.

edit: Ok, seems like rain is your friend. Lobbers on the surface take damage even if in lava. Deadlands however, are still deadly, as they don't get rain :)

Last edited:

geneweaver

Jul 29, 2019
hrmm... many/all of the Lycanites mobs are passive to me and my friend. even when we hit them they remain passive. any idea?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, that's really odd. We just made a new multiplayer world and i was testing it. Not passive. Stupid kobolds were even picking on me.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone using a Crusher? I was wondering of what use they are besides dust and sawdust. I can't see a reason to use it for dust when you have a smeltery. And for sawdust to make charcoal, by the time I need charcoal for a steam dynamo I will have made a sawmill as well and will get sawdust that way.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
They are part of metallurgy. I a pack with TiC, not a lot of use. But if you were adding metallurgy to vanilla minecraft, it gives you an oreprocessor. And it does give you a way to get sawdust before you have the diamonds needed for motors. I think i'll always just be farming rubber trees at that point though.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz:

I would suggest replacing obsidian in the recipe for alumite with something else. We found obsidian in a village chest which allowed us to skip having to boost an iron and a bronze pickaxe and go straight to an alumite pickaxe.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz:

I would suggest replacing obsidian in the recipe for alumite with something else. We found obsidian in a village chest which allowed us to skip having to boost an iron and a bronze pickaxe and go straight to an alumite pickaxe.

Fixed already. Default setting is no villages now. :) (Assuming it's the new default since I've seen two servers that used default settings to setup have no villages. )

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that you can craft Gold dust by combining Midasium Dust and Flour. That seems kinda off.