Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'll look into the cannons as soon as I can. I'm still stuck at the airport waiting for my ride and then a 4 1/2hr ride home. Then probably sleep. :(

Reactions: Not_Steve

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I've done quite a bit of testing. The cannons don't really do anything... I checked to see if there was a difference between normal meteors and those spawn by the command by upping the spawn rate. Only very rarely would a gun go off. Even when I covered the terrain with tier 2 cannons... Updating to the latest version had no effect either.

I checked the code and couldn't find any reason why. Figuring it out would likely involve debugging it and setting up a development environment to do so...

I'm pretty sure the radar is bugged however.
Though it uses the same code as the meteor guns to check if rotrary craft is installed needs power, it will never happen because it performs a second check for range that is dependent on power. Without power the range of the radar is always 0...
The radar is supposed to output to chat if a meteor impacted or not and the position btw.

I'll look into the cannons as soon as I can. I'm still stuck at the airport waiting for my ride and then a 4 1/2hr ride home. Then probably sleep. :(

No worries rest up! :)

PS: Anyone know how I can just post a youtube link on this forum? I don't intend for it to come in with the player, but don't know how to get it to just stay a link instead of converting to a (media) thing.

Yep use the link button. It looks like a chain link.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz: Glad you're (almost) back home. Hope it was a fantastic trip!

Batch2 : Unfortunately, even if I post it with the Link button in the editor here, it converts it to the [ media ] tags with the preview. Ah well, suppose it's fine.

@Reika The guns aren't working for Batch2 or I in the BnB pack. At least not reliably. You can see some of it on my vid on the previous page at about 3:30min in. I also tried on a superflat test world with tons of tier2 guns, but they barely ever went off properly. But it's sooo cool when they do! :)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
We have a server up now.
-Mytown is enabled. Small cost (1 coal) to make a 1 chunk town to protect your stuff from other players. We felt that with the time spent in this modpack to make progress, it's not fair to let other players steal what you worked for. You can add additional chunks for a block of iron. Players may join each others towns. We left the /t spawn command in so you can teleport to your town, but for a cost. Currently the cost is a golden carrot. This negates problems of nether portals leading to someone else's base, etc.
-Of course, since we gave you that advantage, we felt it only fair to leave Hostile Worlds on. The first meteor has hit and formed a gate (on my front door of course). So be aware you may have visitors.
-Beds still set your respawn point.
-Difficulty is on default (respawn with 5 health, 8 food)
-There is currently no /kit. If all the food around spawn gets totally harvested, we might start handing new players 5 bread, but it's currently not a problem.
-Spawn is lit and protected. Join the game, wait for dawn, drop down to the world and start running.
-We kept BOP off and have far less lag problems. Be aware that forests and enderforests have a lot of food. Extreme hills don't seem to have berries, rhubarb, etc. Plan accordingly.
-Admin are Dez and myself, but really just there to fix something if it breaks. We both play in survival, and die often.
-There are no handouts, we won't replace items for any reason.
-It's a big boys server, have fun, keep things reasonable, and don't be a dick.
-While the rules say No Grief, No Raid, you still want to make a town to protect your stuff. It's perfectly acceptable that starving travelers will harvest unprotected crops, or rumage through a chest you set somewhere in the wilds.

Server Address is FTB.lolnet.co.nz:29999

Reactions: Eyamaz

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Did it work in previous versions?
The only other version I have tried is v19 from the BnB pack and it was the same. It fired a couple times out of many tries there 5/100. Works well when it does though.

I also failed to get behavior from the radar even with rotrarycraft power. Used the tool to make sure it was receiving power from a gasoline engine through a diamond shaft. Not sure it's enough power though...

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The only other version I have tried is v19 from the BnB pack and it was the same. It fired a couple times out of many tries there 5/100. Works well when it does though.

I also failed to get behavior from the radar even with rotrarycraft power. Used the tool to make sure it was receiving power from a gasoline engine through a diamond shaft. Not sure it's enough power though...
Is this SMP and SSP?

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo let's talk about Orichalum... I can't figure out how to get this for the life of me. In the Metallurgy configs it's set to spawn at 38-46 in the Overworld at about the same rarity as the other fantasy ores, but mining at this level has done me no good. Is it biome specific? I've even gone into a creative world and dug my way through y-level 42 for a long time and found nothing. Am I missing something or just having unbelievably bad luck? Haven't seen any in the nether so I don't think it's there...

I'd really like to get started on some basic blood magic!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo let's talk about Orichalum... I can't figure out how to get this for the life of me. In the Metallurgy configs it's set to spawn at 38-46 in the Overworld at about the same rarity as the other fantasy ores, but mining at this level has done me no good. Is it biome specific? I've even gone into a creative world and dug my way through y-level 42 for a long time and found nothing. Am I missing something or just having unbelievably bad luck? Haven't seen any in the nether so I don't think it's there...

Bad luck. Possibly reworking all the fantasy ores in 1.0.6 anyway.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019

We have 23 orichalcum ore sitting in a chest. It wasn't too rare. If biomes matter, we are in a jungle biome. The infuscolium ore was more rare. We have only found 6 so far. But with an induction smelter and rich slag, 6 is all we need to make the altar. We haven't exactly done a ton of mining, just as an fyi.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Oh funny how that works out. I got more infuscolium than I know what to do with! Guess I'll get started on Witchery in the mean time.

RegiRegIregiRegi

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo, I'm trying to play this, however, my precess seems to be going, Get all the resources I need, the gravel, the wood, the food, get looking for a place to hole up for the night, and then turn around to see a giant flying dick monster firing purple jizz that poisons me. And then dying, starting a new world, getting killed in broad daylight via what looks like a hook horror. Dying starting a new world. Getting all the resources I need to then be crushed by a meteor, falling 2 chunks away and spawning things, that then kill me, then dying starting over.

Is this normal, are these mobs, meteors, and things, supposed to be an issue on the first day, when you have no tools, no weapons, and no armor? Is it just a consequence of me spawning in mostly shady areas? Is any of this explained anywhere in your mod description? I get hardcore, Agrarian Skies wasn't hard core enough for me, that's why I'm trying out blood and bones. But what I'm wondering here, is if this process of getting gangbanged about halfway through your first day is normal, or are the spawn mechanics somewhat bugged at current? And if I should just create a chest at my spawn and slowly build a shelter around it?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If you are not playing HC, then a bed will still set your spawn. I DO need to drop the difficulty of some mobs down, I jacked them up a bit much in 1.0.5. (some of them are doing 2x damage atm... Oops.)