Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I just got whitelisted. When you first get on, you have to do /rules 1, /rules 2 etc then /accept rules. After that, i still didn't have access to chat or buildrights, but relogging fixed that. Spawn is a safepoint, and you start with stone tools. So a bit easier, but of course no food around the spawn area until you run a bit. And server on easy mode. Seems so tame after singleplayer on normal/hard. :)

Last edited:

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I might be setting up a more difficult server in the next few days...just bought a new server so have some spare ram/space and a BnB server sounded fun...

If I do though, it will be pretty basic...just installing the pack and leaving everything else alone, and setting it on normal difficulty possibly, no safe zone, no starting tools...and maybe even with Hostile Worlds enabled...

Just throwing that out there in case anyone might be interested. It will probably be nonwhitelisted to start...just to see how it goes...(more info to come probably early next week)

LegendsUnleashed

Jul 29, 2019
i was going to say i could up the ante for you 2 and turn the server to medium or hard no one ever mentioned it was on easy hell i didnt even realise my self.
also the only reason the server is a whitelist server is so i dont have to ban any items which leaves the mod pack completely open. Have been waiting to see what the reception was like for the mod pack before we decide to go and do lwc and have protections for all the items

~ Tigger
Legends Unleashed

Last edited:

suneku666

Jul 29, 2019
Hello , does anyone encounter a problem with the player position/eq saves the world gets rolled back every time i quit the game ?

It looks like the world would be a server, and only saves periodically and the player file would be updated real time.

I did some experiments and the player saves on exiting and the world rolls back. Sometimes considerably. I tried looking for some autosave fearture but to no avail. Game also crashes from time to time and the rollback also happens then. Any help ?

LegendsUnleashed

Jul 29, 2019
Iv yet to experience this issue my self online or offline and your the first time iv heard of this.
maybe this is an issue with your computer and not the mod pack its self?

Reactions: Eyamaz

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
i was going to say i could up the ante for you 2 and turn the server to medium or hard no one ever mentioned it was on easy hell i didnt even realise my self.
also the only reason the server is a whitelist server is so i dont have to ban any items which leaves the mod pack completely open. Have been waiting to see what the reception was like for the mod pack before we decide to go and do lwc and have protections for all the items

~ Tigger
Legends Unleashed

I think normal difficulty is good. I tried it on the highest setting, and just killing two zombies is very tough, and it's nearly impossible to get an area started. Normal difficulty should i think spawn you back in with 1/2 health and 8/10 hunger bars. Mobs are still very feared. Hell, I died several times today on easy setting on second level of a dungeon. The new armor mechanic is very 'misleading'.

Whack, whack Ha! this zombie isn't even hurting me.
Whack, whack, Wow, even two of them....wait...my armor seems gone.
Whack!....WTF! How am i dead in 1 hit?

The ablative nature of the armor makes it more like extra health, and luckily regens. But your health doesn't until you eat. So little bits of damagage, falling, poison, fire are easier to deal with, but multiple hits really messes you up.

I was under the assumption LWC is actually on, as i get the messages when creating/destroying a chest or furnace. Passed several peoples bases, didn't try to open anything, so not sure if it's working or just the messages.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Making an end portal doesn't work. I put down the 12 end portal frames (along the edges of a 5x5 square except corners) and then put eyes of ender in them but no portal. I am still using v1.0.1. Server admin has not updated to v1.0.3, yet. Also, the end portal frame blocks become just "end portal" blocks and can not be mined, at least not with a cobalt pick. So my non-functional portal can not be destroyed... Has anyone been able to make a functional end portal with v1.0.1 or even v1.0.3? Or is there some special trick or order when placing the frames and/or eyes?

As an FYI for people having repeated extended lag issues, you can either disable Special Mobs or try disabling all giant types in the config. Disabling the mod completely removed all the repeated lag issues we were having. (well, not counting chunk creation) The admin hasn't tried disabling all giant types, yet, but based on a post on the minecraft forum for Father Toasts' mods, apparently the issue is with vanilla minecraft AI code not working well with large mobs from mods. Mods that do their own AI seem to be fine.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
how to make an end portal

you have to lay them out very specifically and only an admin can break them (creative mode) until I figure out how to change that at least (its similar to how bedrock works.) Basically, you have to stand in the center of where you want the portal to be and place the portals in their proper locations or they wont be "facing" the proper directions to create the portal when you put the eyes in. why mojang chose to use that mechanic is beyond me since they had a better, universal portal mechanic dealing with going to the nether (then again, this has its issues also.) I was hoping to do a video of how to create the portal inb4 someone actually reached that point.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
So you and I need to have a talk Eyamaz....

My slow, speed 6 pick needs 700 blocks mined to go up a level, and when i decide to hurry that up by making a speed 26 pick out of my small amount of tartarite, i now need 2700 blocks mined?

I'll be waiting out behind the playground with a speed 4 baseball bat when you get out of class.

Reactions: goreae and Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
So you and I need to have a talk Eyamaz....

My slow, speed 6 pick needs 700 blocks mined to go up a level, and when i decide to hurry that up by making a speed 26 pick out of my small amount of tartarite, i now need 2700 blocks mined?

I'll be waiting out behind the playground with a speed 4 baseball bat when you get out of class.

The better the head, the longer it takes to level up. That's how iguana has it coded. Best way to do it is to completely level a lower end pick and then upgrade the head.
This is one reason part swapping is so important. Without the part swapping it literally takes FOREVER to level up a new pick.

Reactions: Scottly318

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. One end portal up and running. Now for the ender dragon...

Some thoughts:
  • Make the BioReactor and BioFuel Generators harder to make or end game. They are still one of the best and easiest ways to generate power mid-gamish.
  • Maybe make the Ender Quarry end game as well. The hardest part with making that was finding 4 vulcanite, 10 kalendrite, and 10 orichalcum when put through a pulverizer or induction smelter. (or 3/7/7 if using rich slag with an induction smelter) Resonant ender is easy due to the pools of it in the ender forests. Once you have a quarry, getting resources from the overworld and the nether becomes rather trivial and you don't have to worry about exploding gases or nether ores.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
A small thing, but the recipe for 'stock' (soup) seems quite generous. A large amount of vegies bones and meats can be used. You don't even need water. Just a mixing bowl and pot. This yields 3 snacks. Even odd items like bamboo shoots are suddenly 6x the food. Making it use water would at least make the recipe a bit more of a pain in the rear.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. One end portal up and running. Now for the ender dragon...

Some thoughts:
  • Make the BioReactor and BioFuel Generators harder to make or end game. They are still one of the best and easiest ways to generate power mid-gamish.
  • Maybe make the Ender Quarry end game as well. The hardest part with making that was finding 4 vulcanite, 10 kalendrite, and 10 orichalcum when put through a pulverizer or induction smelter. (or 3/7/7 if using rich slag with an induction smelter) Resonant ender is easy due to the pools of it in the ender forests. Once you have a quarry, getting resources from the overworld and the nether becomes rather trivial and you don't have to worry about exploding gases or nether ores.
A small thing, but the recipe for 'stock' (soup) seems quite generous. A large amount of vegies bones and meats can be used. You don't even need water. Just a mixing bowl and pot. This yields 3 snacks. Even odd items like bamboo shoots are suddenly 6x the food. Making it use water would at least make the recipe a bit more of a pain in the rear.

Noted

dlukz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure you've been notified of this before. 1.0.3 is crashing when you leave the nether(I was actually helping someone with this crash also on 1.0.1 and 1.0.2). Any fix for this. I haven't read every page here(yet), but I was hoping for an update if this is already known

http://pastebin.com/9bsksPBP

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I've been cleaning the minetweaker configs (no easy task, I assure you) and I have to say, I love what you did with the pack. You took mods that would normally be on the side, having little to do with the other mods, and forcing the player to use them to do what they want to do. The main thing here is metallurgy. 90% of the recipes I have seen are changing things to require metallurgy metals. I've never really used metallurgy because normally it consists of a bunch of ores and metals and stuff that you can only use for tools and armor. In this pack, however, without those metals you can't do much of anything really, making metallurgy actually useful.

Reactions: Eyamaz

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Doing that would be rather easy. I would personally make the recipe have water like you suggest, and only make one stock per crafting. And the recipes are actually for bones, anything marked as a veggie or raw meat, explaining the diversity of stock-making materials.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure you've been notified of this before. 1.0.3 is crashing when you leave the nether(I was actually helping someone with this crash also on 1.0.1 and 1.0.2). Any fix for this. I haven't read every page here(yet), but I was hoping for an update if this is already known

http://pastebin.com/9bsksPBP

nope, first this issue has come across my desk. Looks like you have a corrupted chunk.

I've been cleaning the minetweaker configs (no easy task, I assure you) and I have to say, I love what you did with the pack. You took mods that would normally be on the side, having little to do with the other mods, and forcing the player to use them to do what they want to do. The main thing here is metallurgy. 90% of the recipes I have seen are changing things to require metallurgy metals. I've never really used metallurgy because normally it consists of a bunch of ores and metals and stuff that you can only use for tools and armor. In this pack, however, without those metals you can't do much of anything really, making metallurgy actually useful.

ermagerd, you're awesome! now I need to work in all the 1.0.4 changes to this...

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
To any streamers:
Yeah, Its dark. sorry, its part of how the pack works.
As much as I would like to see streamers stream it, I'm not going to sacrifice a mechanic for it. Much love though. <3 guess what?
v1.0.3 will contain Dynamic Lights that not only adds an awesome eerie ambiance,
you can hold a torch to see! Much love! <3​

Ahhhhh it's not so bad! Can't say I've played a pack yet that necessitated this much editing to produce a watchable video series though. I love the dynamic lights effects though. Surviving off one torch for a night is a unique experience. My biggest gripe is the effect all the deaths and stressful situations have been having on my usually rock solid profanity filter! Well done sir. You have broken me.

I have a question though. Occasionally my torches will go out. What causes this? I noticed it would happen in my starter dirt hut when it was surround by man mobs. However, when I expanded the area and placed the torches deeper underground they would survive indefinitely. Does a certain mob have a darkness effect that works through walls to kill torches?

Doing that would be rather easy. I would personally make the recipe have water like you suggest, and only make one stock per crafting. And the recipes are actually for bones, anything marked as a veggie or raw meat, explaining the diversity of stock-making materials.

I agree as long as it's craftable with the fresh water item! Stock functions very well as a mechanic for consuming excess food and you shouldn't be rewarded for consuming an items that you lack the resources to make in to a better recipe. One stock per item would work very well. However, please don't make it only work with water buckets. The tedium involved in crafting with a waterbucket is excruciatingly painful and boring. At least the going waterbucket->4freshwater allows you to stack the water source.

Last edited: