Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
This is what we've been saying. He says he's close, in a week or so, any day now... Then nothing. It happens time and time again.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
So it's been a week since it was supposedly going to be released. Not only has it not been released, we haven't even been given any kind of update or anything.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
You mean where he says, "give me money and maybe I'll let you play at some point"? What about all the people that gave him money in the past because it was going to be done "any day now" only to get nothing?

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I used to be a patreon as well, though when I stopped it was for a different reason.

I used to defend Eyamaz all the time. I would talk about how he wasn't getting paid and didn't owe us anything. But then I thought about it, and he IS getting paid, through patreons. And there is nothing wrong w that in itself. The problem is when he keeps saying it's about to come out "soon" or "next week" or "in a few days" and that if you become a patreon of his and give him money, you'll get to play. So people pay, but it doesn't come out. He's not holding up his end of the bargain. THAT is the problem. It's not like a Kickstarter where it's a one time cost. It's a monthly subscription, for a game you don't get to actually play...

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Much the same reason I don't support certain mod devs as well. I still remember one that was promising all of this in game content for people that subscribed to twitch. The mod never did materialize the updates or the promised in game loot. Granted this was over 3 years ago. But the idea is the same. Make sure you know who you are supporting. Team COFH, sure support them, you know they are going to put out updates for an excellent mod. But joe blow out of the blue, I would be very cautious about supporting them. If you are taking people's money and promising to put something out then put it out. And make it a quality product. That way you build a reputation and other will be willing to contribute.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
To me there is no doubt that he can (or at least has in the past) made quality product. I loved BnB, and the dimensional control mod is great too.

But more and more it almost seems like he's trying desperately to hold onto the popularity that he once had. Not only does he tell people that it's always just around the corner, but his twitter posts make me think that as well. Every picture he posts has the same pose of "I'm a bad ass". But then again, I hate twitter and think that anyone that posts on it is probably a narcissist that for some reason seems to think the entire world should give a crap about their day to day life. I only followed him for updates on BnB, but once I gave up on that I stopped. Now all I follow is PAX to find out when passes go on sale, but even that I have turned off most of the time.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Although it is not as hardcore as BnB, while you wait for something that imo will never come, you could try out Infitech 2u Fear the night.

Very well balanced modpack arround Gregtech with Lycanites Mobs added which in turn greatly scale up the difficulty (not nearly as much as BnB but still.decent enough.)

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to check it out. I've been playing Craft of the Titans. I enjoy it, but it does have the same problem most packs have: multiple tech mods. All these packs have multiple tech mods, which just let's you pick and choose the most op machines from each pack. Though in this case it's mostly just using Ender I/O for everything.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to check it out. I've been playing Craft of the Titans. I enjoy it, but it does have the same problem most packs have: multiple tech mods. All these packs have multiple tech mods, which just let's you pick and choose the most op machines from each pack. Though in this case it's mostly just using Ender I/O for everything.
That won't happen in Infitech. There is a technological curve. You do have multiple options but it is well balance. Your ressources will decide mostly how you approach each era of technology.

If your thinking of skipping some era to go for the high end tech right off the bat, keep on dreaming as that simply won't work. :)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Out of respect to BnB and @Eyamaz i've moved my conversation with DigitalWino to a public "private conversation".

Meaning that anyone can be invited if they want more info on the subject.

Last edited: