Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

P

peter5930

Hi guys. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. First, what's the latest version of Blood'n'Bones and where can I get it? I used to play with the 1.1.5 version that installed from the FTB launcher and now I see that the exact same version installs from the Curse launcher, with all the same bugs it used to have, like no invasion portals. I manually applied the fixes in that post to my latest install, but is there an updated version that works out of the box? I never even knew invasion portals were supposed to be a thing until I saw it in a Let's Play, and for a long time afterwards I assumed it had been from an older version and had been deliberately removed.

Also, last time I played (8 months ago or so), I got to the end of the nether ores tech progression and was starting on Witchery, but got completely stumped because I couldn't figure out how to make anointing paste to convert a cauldron to a witch's cauldron. Grepping through the BnB files doesn't even turn up any mention of anointing paste and it doesn't appear anywhere in NEI, so is there some other way of getting a witch's cauldron, or can someone tell me how to add the recipe for it if it's something that's supposed to be there but is missing?

Finally, if there are known issues and known fixes to those issues that are a couple of years old by now, why have they not been included in the version that the FTB launcher and now Curse install by default? Is the FTB launcher/Curse a bad place to get my FTB packs due to them being out of date, and should I be downloading them from elsewhere?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Blood and Bones is a pack by Eyamaz. It is not associated with FTB, it just happens to use the launcher. He has decided to not update it further.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Supposedly Blood N Bones 2.0 will be coming out any day now. Last month Eyamaz said he was shooting for "right around the end of the month." But he's also notorious for missing his ETA's and stuff so who knows.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Hi guys. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. First, what's the latest version of Blood'n'Bones and where can I get it? I used to play with the 1.1.5 version that installed from the FTB launcher and now I see that the exact same version installs from the Curse launcher, with all the same bugs it used to have, like no invasion portals. I manually applied the fixes in that post to my latest install, but is there an updated version that works out of the box? I never even knew invasion portals were supposed to be a thing until I saw it in a Let's Play, and for a long time afterwards I assumed it had been from an older version and had been deliberately removed.

Also, last time I played (8 months ago or so), I got to the end of the nether ores tech progression and was starting on Witchery, but got completely stumped because I couldn't figure out how to make anointing paste to convert a cauldron to a witch's cauldron. Grepping through the BnB files doesn't even turn up any mention of anointing paste and it doesn't appear anywhere in NEI, so is there some other way of getting a witch's cauldron, or can someone tell me how to add the recipe for it if it's something that's supposed to be there but is missing?

Finally, if there are known issues and known fixes to those issues that are a couple of years old by now, why have they not been included in the version that the FTB launcher and now Curse install by default? Is the FTB launcher/Curse a bad place to get my FTB packs due to them being out of date, and should I be downloading them from elsewhere?
Perhaps you don't need anointing paste, I can't quite remember off the top of my head. I can't remember ever using the cauldron.

You need a kettle and a distillery, that gets you to the spirit world. Everything is done in the kettle.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Perhaps you don't need anointing paste, I can't quite remember off the top of my head. I can't remember ever using the cauldron.

You need a kettle and a distillery, that gets you to the spirit world. Everything is done in the kettle.
@peter5930 I'm pretty sure Desman is right on this one - the witches cauldron didn't come into play until some point in 1.7, and some versions of BnB are still in 1.6.4 - I could be wrong, mind, but having had a quick look at a could of mod spotlights from when Witchery came out, it isn't mentioned.

GrassHoppa

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever had an issue where normal walking depletes your hunger as if you are sprinting? I've never seen it before until now, and it keeps happening.

I'm trying to narrow it down, and I think it has something to do with fighting mobs. Once I was escaping my night shelter and got hit a few times, and after barely running away it was depleting so fast.

That, or something about MFR plastic bags...

I have had this happen a good number of times, not enough to be a serious issue but I think I lost a world or two from it when it ran my hunger out before I realized it was happening. :mad:

The quick fix is to just save and exit and then reload your world back up, iirc that should safely restore normal hunger depletion. Just be sure you notice it in time. :)

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what the best low nether level bows and arrows are at this point? I'm not having any luck with making them actually useable and know there was a way to do it before.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Anyone know what the best low nether level bows and arrows are at this point? I'm not having any luck with making them actually useable and know there was a way to do it before.
Can't you make a needlegun at that point? It probably beats any bow you can make.

GrassHoppa

Jul 29, 2019
I usually always use netherrack arrow head + tool rod with leaf fletchings, cheap easily restockable and fairly decent damage wise. And I just use the best metal available for the bow.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
I usually always use netherrack arrow head + tool rod with leaf fletchings, cheap easily restockable and fairly decent damage wise. And I just use the best metal available for the bow.

Thanks! I was thrown off by the stacks of four. Going with nether rack now

GrassHoppa

Jul 29, 2019
I usually just look for nether diamond ore, you would probably assume that is the dangerous way but in my experience it is ironically a lot safer. Also 2 nether diamond ore is 10 diamonds using the quartz grindstone from ae, gets that block of diamond needed for starting machines out of the way pretty easily.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
I usually just look for nether diamond ore, you would probably assume that is the dangerous way but in my experience it is ironically a lot safer. Also 2 nether diamond ore is 10 diamonds using the quartz grindstone from ae, gets that block of diamond needed for starting machines out of the way pretty easily.
Yeah I ended up finding 3 nether diamond ore and that got us out of the hole we were in forever.

S

SkullDEH

Hey guys I have been trying to work around this problem for a while and noting I do works. When I click play on the Minecraft launcher this comes up.

Jan 05, 2017 11:26:04 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
Jan 05, 2017 11:26:04 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

I hope one of you can help me. Thanks!

F

Feed The beast 1

is the 1.7.10 blood and bones out yet? its been around a year since he made this forum post talking about the 1.7.10 pack being available soon on curseforge.

Exohun

Jul 29, 2019
So I've run into a neat problem. Dragonapi has this cool debug overlay that is bound to the TAB key. It causes some problems with certain machinery, specifically the MFR harvester. If you press the TAB key while cursoring over the harvester the game crashes. I'd like to change the binding the debug overlay is set to or just disable the overlay all together. So far I've failed with everything I've tried. Its not in the keybinding screen, its not in the config file and I cant seem to add it to the config file. I use TAB for my inventory on pretty much everything I play so I'd like to not change my brain if I can change some code somewhere. Pls help.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I made an iron longsword (7 damage), and when it leveled I replaced the blade with damascus steel. It's supposed to have 9 damage, but it's stuck at 7.

Any workarounds for that? It got necrotic at level-up, so I really want to keep it...

M

Miraine

Hello, have finally made an account here simply to lavish Eyamaz with praise for the absolute best modpack going. I utterly suck at it, but that doesn't make it any less fun or awesome ;)

Also looking forward to the new version, where I suspect my leading cause of death will be inability to pillar up out of danger (I seem to recall seeing something about the mod that makes blocks fall if unsupported being added). Fun times...

P.S. Seeing other people talking about tactics and how much farmland you need, I rarely see anyone mention fruit trees? They're my staple as mobs don't grief them! (Ummm... hope I don't come to regret mentioning that..!) :)