Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like an invader zombie from Hostile worlds is doing something bad to your game:
"at hostileworlds.entity.EntityInvader.func_70636_d(EntityInvader.java:173)"

I would:
a) Make a backup of the world
b) Edit the modpack to remove hostile worlds temporarily
c) Load the world without hostile worlds. This should remove all invaders and portals.
d) Re-enable hostile worlds and see if you're ok now

It will remove any active portals and all invaders, but it might get you past the crash.[DOUBLEPOST=1401057184][/DOUBLEPOST]
Interesting. Mobs always try to swim up when they're in water, so surprised they aren't getting up your waterfall! But if it works, it's a cool solution. :)

rather than doing this i would suggest using an NBT editor to edit the entity out of your save you can get the location of the entity from your crash report and it is a 5 min job to cut that info from the region file. this is what i use to fix ticking entities on my servers and will work just as well on a single player map after running modded servers for 18 months i have never lost more than a block/entity when a chunk became corrupted (removed the block/entity with the editor) if you need more detail on how to do this let me know

Cheers Dez

Eekki

Jul 29, 2019
rather than doing this i would suggest using an NBT editor to edit the entity out of your save you can get the location of the entity from your crash report and it is a 5 min job to cut that info from the region file. this is what i use to fix ticking entities on my servers and will work just as well on a single player map after running modded servers for 18 months i have never lost more than a block/entity when a chunk became corrupted (removed the block/entity with the editor) if you need more detail on how to do this let me know

Cheers Dez

I get this crash too now and then, I've used opis to remove these invaders. Or is it a bad idea?

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
I get this crash too now and then, I've used opis to remove these invaders. Or is it a bad idea?
if you can load your world and remove them it is by far the easiest way all the other options are for when the world will no longer load

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers Dez
Dez: I'd like to hear more details on how to do this. I know how to use an NBT editor, but how do you find the right entity and remove it?

Looks like Bombalo has the problem again, so using his crash report as an example might be a good idea. :)

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking through the mods, and I don't see which mod is giving the mini map. I love this map because it's so limited, you have a map, but not all the extras that make the game easy (seeing where mobs are and such).
What mod is giving the minimap?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking through the mods, and I don't see which mod is giving the mini map. I love this map because it's so limited, you have a map, but not all the extras that make the game easy (seeing where mobs are and such).
What mod is giving the minimap?
It's MapWriter, but it's included in the Opis mod. Opis can do other stuff too, but integrates a copy of Mapwriter as well.

N-kay

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. Love the modpack so far. I've just one problem - I'm not sure what to do next! Or should I say we're not sure, because I play this modpack with a buddy of mine.

The first big goals were very clear to me from the start. Get safe from the mobs somewhere, build a smeltery, get a Mattock for farming, gear up and then gather more and better ores. We have a pretty nice early game setup now, with enough food and a safe place guarded by punji sticks and water. We've got Damascus Steel( I made this stuff by accident, I never played with Metallurgy before and don't know much about it) Tools, boosted to mining level Ardite. We still can't go mining for hours at a time because we don't have that much food, so it's not like we're swimming in diamonds or anything.

That is basicly how the situation is for us right now. As I said, from here on out we're kinda lost, can't find any direction to go to. Here are some ideas we had, but those were instantly crushed when we looked at the resource needed to get there:
  • Start Blood Magic. It has some nice early game stuff, is mainly time consuming in the beginning. Great, we have something to do! ...or so we thought. The recipe contains metals I've never even heard of! No idea where to get them...
  • Ok then... maybe get some basic RF power going? Nope. What the hell are all those metals, and where are they? :(
  • How about crafting a Mining Turtle to get all those strange metals? Hm nope.
Maybe we're just unlucky to not have found any of those metals yet, or we're not surposed to have any of the above listed things yet, I dunno...
Any ideas what we could do? Or tell us where to get those metals?

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
Dez: I'd like to hear more details on how to do this. I know how to use an NBT editor, but how do you find the right entity and remove it?

Looks like Bombalo has the problem again, so using his crash report as an example might be a good idea. :)
Yea more than happy to help what do you think is the best way I don't make much sense when I write things so I could do a video or even stream it so you guys can ask any questions

Would need a copy of bombalo's save so I have something to fix

Let me know what you guys want

Reactions: larae1929

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Also on an earlier page in this forum batch posted a link to a metallurgy spread sheet he and anesos compiled. I refer to it OFTEN cuz this is my first go at metallurgy as well. And btw to save u a bunch of time steel is made by smelting pig iron now but will be changing I read in 1.1 u will need a new tinkers construct smeltery to make steel. It looks cool :). And also the spread sheet will tell u where to find all the various metals

Reactions: Batch2

Bombalo

Jul 29, 2019
Now that you have your world back you should follow the steps that Anesos or Dez outline to get rid of the invader that is causing the corruption.
Well I removed the Mod "HostileWorld" -> Problem solved :)
Also, I gues the invader got removed after disableing "HostileWorld" and anebleing it again, not ?
Because I played for like 2 hours, before I crashed again.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Also on an earlier page in this forum batch posted a link to a metallurgy spread sheet he and anesos compiled. I refer to it OFTEN cuz this is my first go at metallurgy as well. And btw to save u a bunch of time steel is made by smelting pig iron now but will be changing I read in 1.1 u will need a new tinkers construct smeltery to make steel. It looks cool :). And also the spread sheet will tell u where to find all the various metals

Ah, the steelworks stuff? cool. I'd read about the mod, but haven't played with it yet. Neat.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
The mod is tinkers steelworks as per anesos it's in the commentary from his BnB YouTube series. It looks neat :)

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a problem with the dimension for Hostile Worlds. I see a meteor crash, I go there, enter the dimension, and the boss is stuck in the giant pyramid. I literally have to dig him out in order to fight him. Kind of annoying considering the map doesn't show enemies, so it's pretty much just guessing. If I actually do manage to find him and kill him (which I had to go creative to do in order to find him, considering the pyramid is huge), then he drops the glove to break the portal. So then I try and use the glove and.... nothing. Is there some special way to use it? I can't close the portal, even though I have the glove. Any help?
Thanks!

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
I pour water on portals to close them. be careful in them if he breaks the portal and ur inside it ive read u cant get out again

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So..i've been following this thread in order to know when the new update will come out since i am fairly new to BNB (Started playing at 1.0.7) And now i see people talking about the update being today i believe but I can't seem to find the info on it. After searching a bit more, i saw someone talking about twitter (which i don't use.) I still went to see if i could find some info on it but i'll admit i didn't look very far on twitter as I am simply not a big fan of Twitter.

So my question is this: Approximately when is the 1.1 update supposed to come out?

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a scientific calculation that involves planet alignment and a king tidy that we can use to work out when the 1.1 update will be ready

Reactions: Blargerist