Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a scientific calculation that involves planet alignment and a king tidy that we can use to work out when the 1.1 update will be ready

Ahhh, that must be why i wasn't finding anything >_> I was relying on those damn Tarot Cards..I had been told it was all a scam and to go with the planets to find an answer but i wouldn't listen. ;p

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a problem with the dimension for Hostile Worlds. I see a meteor crash, I go there, enter the dimension, and the boss is stuck in the giant pyramid. I literally have to dig him out in order to fight him. Kind of annoying considering the map doesn't show enemies, so it's pretty much just guessing. If I actually do manage to find him and kill him (which I had to go creative to do in order to find him, considering the pyramid is huge), then he drops the glove to break the portal. So then I try and use the glove and.... nothing. Is there some special way to use it? I can't close the portal, even though I have the glove. Any help?
Thanks!
If you are going to go into creative to kill the boss and disable the portal, Why play with the mod in the first place? Just disable it.[DOUBLEPOST=1401149230][/DOUBLEPOST]Eyamaz was hoping to get up some updates today, i think for BNB and other packs but there is always that real life thing, even if it all goes well in the first place. So it's always a "hope to" vs. "definitely will".

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
So..i've been following this thread in order to know when the new update will come out since i am fairly new to BNB (Started playing at 1.0.7) And now i see people talking about the update being today i believe but I can't seem to find the info on it. After searching a bit more, i saw someone talking about twitter (which i don't use.) I still went to see if i could find some info on it but i'll admit i didn't look very far on twitter as I am simply not a big fan of Twitter.

So my question is this: Approximately when is the 1.1 update supposed to come out?

work = force x distance

In other words, it will be ready when it is ready.

Reactions: Batch2

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I've had it since he posted it. The benifit of working on curseforge is I get to see every project as it rolls in. It will be in 1.1.0.

There is also a new progression tree for TiC tools thanks to theoldone. He took over iguana's tweeks for TiC and it is now just tictweaks.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I've had it since he posted it. The benifit of working on curseforge is I get to see every project as it rolls in. It will be in 1.1.0.

There is also a new progression tree for TiC tools thanks to theoldone. He took over iguana's tweeks for TiC and it is now just tictweaks.
Freakin sweet :D

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going to go into creative to kill the boss and disable the portal, Why play with the mod in the first place? Just disable it.[DOUBLEPOST=1401149230][/DOUBLEPOST]Eyamaz was hoping to get up some updates today, i think for BNB and other packs but there is always that real life thing, even if it all goes well in the first place. So it's always a "hope to" vs. "definitely will".

..... I was testing it, lol.
Obviously in my server I'm going to go with friends to kill it legit style.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a problem with the dimension for Hostile Worlds. I see a meteor crash, I go there, enter the dimension, and the boss is stuck in the giant pyramid. I literally have to dig him out in order to fight him. Kind of annoying considering the map doesn't show enemies, so it's pretty much just guessing. If I actually do manage to find him and kill him (which I had to go creative to do in order to find him, considering the pyramid is huge), then he drops the glove to break the portal. So then I try and use the glove and.... nothing. Is there some special way to use it? I can't close the portal, even though I have the glove. Any help?
Thanks!
Suppose I'll be the one to answer you. The bosses spawning location inside the pyramid is a problem with the mod itself and is fixed in the mods(not the packs) next version. The glove "problem" is that you're simply using it wrong, as it's incredibly confusing. The way it works, is you need to "charge" it using one of three different minecraft particles. Running water, fire, or redstone, torches n such work for this. Charging the glove uses a fairly insane amount of hunger, and if your hunger is too low you cannot charge it. So point your glove at a torch, hold right click, and watch your hunger bar disappear. When you have charge and aren't looking at a charging block, then it should fire.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.0 is now live.

welcome to the new regime.

TiCTools now have a matter of fact progression.
armor offers a little more protection.
farming starts earlier (no more metal mattock)
you need to eat a variety of food to survive
witchery is now required to reach fantasy metals and end game (i'll let you figure out how to get them.)
oregen is massively changed (overworld to get you started)
mobs will actively try to destroy you
hostile portals are much harder to close...
other stuff

held off till 1.1.0

roguelike loot overhaul
mob loot overhaul
mob difficulty overhaul

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.0 is now live.

welcome to the new regime.

TiCTools now have a matter of fact progression.
armor offers a little more protection.
farming starts earlier (no more metal mattock)
you need to eat a variety of food to survive
witchery is now required to reach fantasy metals and end game (i'll let you figure out how to get them.)
oregen is massively changed (overworld to get you started)
hostile portals are much harder to close...
other stuff

held off till 1.1.0

roguelike loot overhaul
mob loot overhaul
mob difficulty overhaul

@Eyamaz Pack is only downloading configs. The mod folder is empty.

Edit: Scratch that, even the config folder is empty except forge configs.

Edit 2: What a trooper! Late night release and going the extra mile to make sure it works :) Thanks for all of the hard work!

Last edited:

alexschrod

Jul 29, 2019

How is this different from before? Or do you mean it's been dialed up to "you won't survive the first night unless you've built a skybase out of 10 meters-thick obsidian walls before the sun sets on the first day"?

Reactions: Eyamaz

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
So skybase is pretty much the only valid option for a safe'ish base now ?

We haven't had too much of an issue on the ground on the dev build. Though it wasn't full 1.1.0 and we didn't encounter a portal yet. But I bet it will still be possible with carefully constructed defenses.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Ground base is fine, just take things into account, like zombies looking for lightsources. I think there are some blocks they won't tunnel through, and i think thick walls can help, along with moats, traps, punji sticks......

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
Creepers no longer explode to get to you at random anymore ? Because really, that's the biggest issue with a base on the ground.

But wait, so in order for ground base to be valid, you have to make a ton of defenses and similar stuff, as opposed to a skybase where you just sorta, make it with trapdoors and you're set ?

That honestly makes it seem like ground base is too much trouble for what it's worth. You'll be spending more time defending than surviving and advancing.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
The main problem with a non-sky base is that creepers will try and get to you and if they cant they will blow up
so you'll either have to constantly patch up your shit or not have any.