Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DragonLord88

Jul 29, 2019
It aims to provide a difficult survival experience through expensive tiered technology, revamped vanilla mechanics and dangerous new creatures. Most other modpacks are just a big collection of mods; this has custom recipe changes to integrate them better.

And the actual survivability and technology would be more quotable but changing the vanilla mechanics doesn't really matter anymore with you to this point your a racing in the so the concept that your stating here is not really complete there's too many holes there to actually fill the actual theme the mods don't agree with your state. There is too many things that are come incomplete here and I'm sorry to say that the theme is fractured.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It aims to provide a difficult survival experience through expensive tiered technology, revamped vanilla mechanics and dangerous new creatures. Most other modpacks are just a big collection of mods; this has custom recipe changes to integrate them better.
Key example: metallurgy metals actually do something![DOUBLEPOST=1398281108][/DOUBLEPOST]
And the actual survivability and technology would be more quotable but changing the vanilla mechanics doesn't really matter anymore with you to this point your a racing in the so the concept that your stating here is not really complete there's too many holes there to actually fill the actual theme the mods don't agree with your state. There is too many things that are come incomplete here and I'm sorry to say that the theme is fractured.
How does revamped vanilla stuff not matter? Armor makes you slower, hunger is actually an issue, when it gets dark it actually gets dark. Like pitch-black dark. Can't see a creeper an inch from your face dark. And you can't really grasp the modpack by looking at the modlist. All the recipes are revamped so that the mods actually meld together, so it's like one big mod instead of 50 individual ones.

DragonLord88

Jul 29, 2019
mber: 8796 said:
Key example: metallurgy metals actually do something!

That's still cannot cover the theme by itself. One mod does not make the mod pack every time

Key example: metallurgy metals actually do something![DOUBLEPOST=1398281108][/DOUBLEPOST]
How does revamped vanilla stuff not matter? Armor makes you slower, hunger is actually an issue, when it gets dark it actually gets dark. Like pitch-black dark. Can't see a creeper an inch from your face dark. And you can't really grasp the modpack by looking at the modlist. All the recipes are revamped so that the mods actually meld together, so it's like one big mod instead of 50 individual ones.

Now were start get somewhere, yes I did actually get to try the mod pack itself in game. Getting darker affecting different mechanics everything would your stating here is causing the mod pack to fracture further blood and bones everything else to the theme of the original mod pack itself is fracturing your statement alone is killing it

I will explain how darkness is actually breaking the concept by itself because the mod packs not supposed to darken or endear your fact on you as a player supposed to make it harder. The goal the mod pack stated is to be what a tech/difficulty/survival/horror mod pack.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Can somebody explains explain the actual theme of this mod pack because and the actual theme that was written down is a legitimate. I can't even explain how all over the place this mod pack is where is the actual thought out planned or storyline or anything. But I guess this when the lot better than a lot of the other poor excuse for mod packs up there that are per much hitting way
It aims to provide a difficult survival experience through expensive tiered technology, revamped vanilla mechanics and dangerous new creatures.

There is actually a storyline that ties some things together. The lore hasn't been put into BnB yet because I have been concentrating on get certain things fixed first.
there are small hints here and there about the Lore mixed in already. iF you look, you will find them.

The lore that is established and we will eventually release places BnB between MF2 and AgSk on our timeline and has a few hints to what comes after.
The destruction of the worlds pre AgSk takes place at the end of BnB. The basic premise of BnB is survival against the armies of the Fallen/Evil one. Those who survive are protected by the wizards and then given the tools to rebuild the world (the start of AgSk.)

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
The lore that is established and we will eventually release places BnB between MF2 and AgSk on our timeline and has a few hints to what comes after.
The destruction of the worlds pre AgSk takes place at the end of BnB. The basic premise of BnB is survival against the armies of the Fallen/Evil one. Those who survive are protected by the wizards and then given the tools to rebuild the world (the start of AgSk.)

All I have to say is, gimme :D nom nom nom

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else have this happen?
-Saws won't convert logs to planks
-Can craft logs to 4 planks, even though it shows 2 in the crafting grid, i get 4.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else have this happen?
-Saws won't convert logs to planks
-Can craft logs to 4 planks, even though it shows 2 in the crafting grid, i get 4.

SSP or SMP?

Edit: I probably derped and forgot to remove the client side only include statement server side in the main.cfg of minetweaker...

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
why yes, yes. 1.0.7 remove
Code:
include "BnBClientOnly.cfg";

from config/minetweaker/main.cfg on the server to fix the recipes. I'm a derp.

vanZeben

Jul 29, 2019
Zombies of any kind attempting to pathfind to an unreachable villager or a torch (Around 10-20 blocks underground, below the zombies), drops the server TPS incredibly. So far its been encountered with a HungryZombie riding a FireZombie and a few other combinations however always the mob being ridden is the mob requiring +40k μs for the single entities update.

They also seem to be aggregating certain areas in an attempt to break unreachable torches and beds as well which can also lead to the above scenario.

This is also a more in-depth example of what @Blargerist was saying about lag spikes as he is an administrator on my server and we have narrowed it down a bit. Not sure if there is anything that can be done/altered to correct this behaviour.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Zombies of any kind attempting to pathfind to an unreachable villager or a torch (Around 10-20 blocks underground, below the zombies), drops the server TPS incredibly. So far its been encountered with a HungryZombie riding a FireZombie and a few other combinations however always the mob being ridden is the mob requiring +40k μs for the single entities update.

They also seem to be aggregating certain areas in an attempt to break unreachable torches and beds as well which can also lead to the above scenario.

This is also a more in-depth example of what @Blargerist was saying about lag spikes as he is an administrator on my server and we have narrowed it down a bit. Not sure if there is anything that can be done/altered to correct this behaviour.

hungry zombies and fire zombies should not exist post 1.0.7. what version are you running?

vanZeben

Jul 29, 2019
hungry zombies and fire zombies should not exist post 1.0.7. what version are you running?
It's not specific to those zombies they were just the most recent example; it's any path-finding zombie that is being ridden attempting to break unreachable things from what we've witnessed. We've experienced it before @Blargerist's alterations to re-enable some of those mobs on 1.0.7

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It's not specific to those zombies they were just the most recent example; it's any path-finding zombie that is being ridden attempting to break unreachable things from what we've witnessed. We've experienced it before @Blargerist's alterations to re-enable some of those mobs on 1.0.7

Those mobs were disabled for very very specific reasons. You might want to change that.

edit:tracking lag should be fixed in 1.0.8. the original buffer was too small.

Reactions: Batch2 and vanZeben

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Those mobs were disabled for very very specific reasons. You might want to change that.
It appears my all powerful leader vanZeben is confused. We are running a default 1.0.7 config for Special mobs. Heres the zombie type spawn weight section:
"zombie rates" {
B:_special_zombies=false
I:_vanilla=14
I:fire=10
I:fishing=1
I:giant=0
I:hungry=4
I:plague=0
}
They look fairly enabled to me Eyamaz. :p
EDIT: I'm dumb, that clearly says false. Tracking down the issue now.

I believe the great vanZeben simply meant the fact I had fixed our configs so that passive/tamable/mountable Lycanites Mobs creatures weren't being natural/force despawned respectively. I didn't touch Special Mobs at all, which is where the zombies are from.

On another note, the food drops from Lycanites Mobs aren't nerfed properly, the cooked meats are closer to what you would get from a vanilla steak, and the moss pie gives you a full minute of regen III.

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Getting something odd now.
Items on the ground leave an image, and so appear not to be decayed, but can't be picked up. Many mobs also do this, despawning in the light or for some other reason, but leaving an image. There are eventually hundreds of them around easch players base. Restarting the server doesn't even seen to get of them all. The longer this goes on, the less we get of new mobs spawning.

Multiplay server, and the only plugins are mytown and forge.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz

Still having problems with villagers. They are fine the first time you find them, but if you log out and back in, 1 or 2 are still ok but the rest seem to be frozen. We are seeing this problem with both SSP and SMP.

Did some research. It looks to be caused by dormantChunkCacheSize=2000 in forgeChunkLoading.cfg which you changed from 0 in v1.0.6. Setting that back to 0 fixed the problem for us.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Items on the ground leave an image, and so appear not to be decayed, but can't be picked up. Many mobs also do this, despawning in the light or for some other reason, but leaving an image. There are eventually hundreds of them around easch players base. Restarting the server doesn't even seen to get of them all. The longer this goes on, the less we get of new mobs spawning.

@Eyamaz

Still having problems with villagers. They are fine the first time you find them, but if you log out and back in, 1 or 2 are still ok but the rest seem to be frozen. We are seeing this problem with both SSP and SMP.

Did some research. It looks to be caused by dormantChunkCacheSize=2000 in forgeChunkLoading.cfg which you changed from 0 in v1.0.6. Setting that back to 0 fixed the problem for us.

These may be the same issue. Good to know this is broken now. Sigh.

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019

mik does not mean plugins the server side mods we run are aperf, Mytown, and forge Perms (with built in pex)

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
So anyone know how harvestcraft works with biomes 'o plenty? For instance, does woodland count as forest?

I did a little searching and didn't come up with a good answer. I did see something about a forge biomes dictionary, but don't really understand how it's configured or where I could check it. Anyone know how to confirm which BoP biomes relate to which vanilla biomes in terms of food growth for harvestcraft?