biomes o plenty vs ExtraBiomesXL

OtakuBakaNeko

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like the ability to use all the biome mods like I do with EBXL: I only allow them to generate in Mystcraft Ages. But I don't think BoP or HL have symbols yet.

Also, unless it's been fixed, I had a lot of trouble with EBXL's generation. Sometimes the chunks would end up funny, but I never had that problem with BoP...

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, not giving the answer to your problem, but please, remember, most people (incluing me) don't like necros. Many people (like me) will complain with you for necroing. My advice is not to necro. But I am not a mod, I can't stop you :D!

OtakuBakaNeko

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, not giving the answer to your problem, but please, remember, most people (incluing me) don't like necros. Many people (like me) will complain with you for necroing. My advice is not to necro. But I am not a mod, I can't stop you :D!
Necros? I don't get the reference... >.>

OtakuBakaNeko

Jul 29, 2019
Practically everything in this forum is dead. >.> I just got here by searching for comparisons between the two mods. Also, wasn't the OP scolded for NOT posting in an older thread but starting a new one instead? Or was he just supposed to leave the whole conversation alone, because it's already been done before?

(Edit: Also, this thread isn't old by my standards at all. >.>)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Practically everything in this forum is dead. >.> I just got here by searching for comparisons between the two mods. Also, wasn't the OP scolded for NOT posting in an older thread but starting a new one instead? Or was he just supposed to leave the whole conversation alone, because it's already been done before?

(Edit: Also, this thread isn't old by my standards at all. >.>)

Just repeat after me.

You. just. can't. win...

I think what people want is for you to look at the old thread, glean what's on it and just not post. That is assuming the posts in question helped you at all.

You. just. can't. win...

OtakuBakaNeko

Jul 29, 2019
Just repeat after me.

You. just. can't. win...

I think what people want is for you to look at the old thread, glean what's on it and just not post. That is assuming the posts in question helped you at all.

You. just. can't. win...
That is a real shame. Forums are meant for discussion. That sort of thinking can kill a forum.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
What would be really interesting is if Mystcraft had a native controller for each biome mod and let one use multiple native biome controller pages functionally. The general idea then being that for pre-set dimensions one could config which biome mod/vanilla would be used (natura nether versus vanilla nether for example) and then one could also create mashup dimensions where multiple biome mods run rampant via normal mystcraft mechanics. That way many biome mods could be installed without necessarily conflicting with a given default config'd world generation.

tl;dr: XCompWiz, please fix all the things.

To revisit this particular comment of mine, I realize now that this is currently impossible due to the limited amount of biomes IDs that exist. I discovered this by digging around in the config for more recent versions of Mystcraft, where every single possible Biome ID is already configurable for pages. However if Minecraft 1.7 manages to do for biomes what it will be doing for blocks (replacing IDs with names), this is something that could be implemented.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This seems appropriate

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380124601963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380124601963.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 61

OtakuBakaNeko

Jul 29, 2019
To revisit this particular comment of mine, I realize now that this is currently impossible due to the limited amount of biomes IDs that exist. I discovered this by digging around in the config for more recent versions of Mystcraft, where every single possible Biome ID is already configurable for pages. However if Minecraft 1.7 manages to do for biomes what it will be doing for blocks (replacing IDs with names), this is something that could be implemented.
That might be nice. They're supposed to be overhauling biomes anyway.

(See, new information and even old discussions continue.)

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Guess I didn't. It didn't seem like a logical argument to me.

IT's pretty simple. I create a thread about frogs jumping too much. People agree or disagree with me. Days/Months/Years later, the discussion is over. And after a long period of time, someone says "Oh man, those frogs!". Pointless.

Now, your case is diffrent. You found a discussion about BoP and EBXL. And you wanted more information, and an answer to a problem. But in an old conversation. Same thing. What usually people do is: They create a new thread. People discuss. Days/Months/Years later, the discussion is over. You hope nobody brings it back to live.

Yes, it's ALMOST the same thing. BUt it gets people MAD.

OtakuBakaNeko

Jul 29, 2019
That's a pretty useless thing to get mad over. But then again, people get mad enough when someone makes a new thread. Like Azzanine suggested, it's a no-win.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
That's a pretty useless thing to get mad over. But then again, people get mad enough when someone makes a new thread. Like Azzanine suggested, it's a no-win.

NO. People get mad when you make a new POINTLESS thread, with questions that have already been answered.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
NO. People get mad when you make a new POINTLESS thread, with questions that have already been answered.

LOL people are going to get mad no matter what you do. If everyone didn't act due to a fear annoying someone on the internet it would never ever be used the the extent it is today.
Also can you really say you are *MAD* is this hyperbole? or are you genuinely infuriated by necro posts and repeat questions?

Also you seem to be very hard to please, On the first page you tell the OP off for posting a new thread and on the next you are telling someone off for resurrecting an old one...
Where's the middleground here? finding a current thread discussing the topics they are looking for?
As I said YOU. JUST. CANNOT. WIN.

That being said this Otaku could very well have started a new thread, their inquiry was totally separate from the OP with the only similarities being the mods in question.