Beginner's Quest - First Time Being a GM! [GAME THREAD]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I live!

Sorry for the late start- Lethal combination of work, procrastination, and more procrastination. In other news, though, the XCOM Long War mod is pretty neat. :p

Responses incoming!

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really want to jump on a bandwagon this early right now. Cheese, until a better target presents itself, would you mind letting my vote stay on you?

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
@Shazam08, so far Leth and Erin are both being highly suspicious. Nojr just propositioned me via pms. Corpse cat is dodging the game. Cheese is trying to defend Erindalc. Fowltief is threatening violence against people he has nothing against. Any top picks for scum?
Let's go name by name!

~Leth: He doubts the Nojrwagon in his first post, then groinblazes him after hearing your explanation. He switches to erin after erin told him to bold his vote (?), then spends the rest of his posts agreeing with you and making weird metaphors.

I dub thee neutral-slight-town, Leth. You seem willing to go along with a lot of lynches, especially those laid out by Py, but you seconded the vote on erindalc and led to the creation of some glorious necklace meme. You'd be my top wolf if Pyure died and flipped scum.

~Erin: He's a wolf! i got him guys i did it

He posted in two bursts, fighting with Pyure in the first and backing out of that fight in the second. Reading it at face value leans Pyure towards town, but you could argue that the burst-posting speaks to some kind of coordination with the other wolves.

(My Paranoia Club® membership requires me to point out this as an attempt to discredit the connection by laughing at it. Wake up, sheeple.)

~Nojr: Activity! \o/

I can't speak on the PMs, but your first few posts were butting heads and joking (?) with Pyure, followed by some fluff and a vote on the Cheesewagon. I'm going to say slight-scum-lean for a lack of significant contributions.

~CorpseCat: This is my second post in the game thread, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to shout the whole "dodging the game" thing at you. :p

Most of your posts have been about justifying inactivity, but you did oppose the SE37 wagon (although it was vague). Dubbing ye neutral-Swiss for a lack of both material and meta to review.

~Cheese: You jokingly (?) opposed the erin lynch when Pyure first started it, then spent the rest of your posts either messing around or justifying messing around. The Pyure Seal of Confidence was earned on what looks like good faith.

Thou hast been read Referee-neutral. Your defense of the D1 joke vote makes you look a little (*gasp*) defensive, but the vouch from Pyure brings you back up to even. Thanks for the ping.

~Fowl: Your two votes have been a bandwagon and a disguised antismite. The other posts have been more or less fluff.

Ye shan't be named neutral, but instead slight-scum-lean for the same reason as Nojr (lack of significant contributions).

Also, since SE's being pushed right now...

~Someone Else 37: You support Rob, Leth, Pyure, and Fred, and have tried to lynch Cheese both days. (Correct me if I'm strawmanning on your reads)

It's kinda weird to see so many town leans by day two with little reasoning. Pyure's argument against you is vague in places (pretend-town tone?), which helps your case, but the biggest thing against you IMO is your failure to respond to Cheese's explanation. You specifically asked him to explain his earlier vote, then... didn't even acknowledge his immediate explanation. What gives?

##Vote Someone Else 37

@Shazam08, how are you not joining this wagon of destruction yet?
Ok guys I've dragged this on long enough, let's rerail this shizzle.

Cheese is inno. Guaranteed. Yes his vote was dumb. Yes there's a remote outside chance I'm wrong on this. No I'm not wrong on this.
Wait, did you tag me just to get my opinion on the fake wagon? :p

mate

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Let's go name by name!

~Fowl: Your two votes have been a bandwagon and a disguised antismite. The other posts have been more or less fluff.

Ye shan't be named neutral, but instead slight-scum-lean for the same reason as Nojr (lack of significant contributions).

Disguised Antismite, really?

honestly i'm just gonna repeat whats already been said in this thread. which would be a waste and suspicious...
I have nothing to add at this time. I will have something for you tomorrow tho..probably change my vote by then depending on what happens tonight.

Reactions: Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Disguised Antismite, really?
Yeah, really!
vote Corpsekittycat cause i can and don't feel like getting in the middle.
You had no real reasoning behind the vote (besides "I can"), and you only chose Corpse because you didn't want to get involved with the other wagons that day. What would you call it? :p

honestly i'm just gonna repeat whats already been said in this thread. which would be a waste and suspicious...
I have nothing to add at this time.
Real talk: I have this too. Reading people, even one at a time, is a good start. People will challenge or agree with you, and you can challenge them right back to bring yourself into the discussion (e.g. this conversation).

What do you think of SE37?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
@Shazam08 Thanks for the groinblazing shout-out. :D I can't take credit for that, though--it's from one of my favorite comics, Knights of the Dinner Table.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Pyure isn't a wolf. It's not only my neck on the line if he is one, I ought to remind you.

Moving my vote off Cheese now.

##Vote Nojr

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
OK guys, the thing is, you can't really afford to lose me. Not because I'm a good role, but because this game has a metric shittonne of wolves. If you lynch me and they get a kill off, we only outnumber then by A SINGLE PLAYER. So that's why I'm defensive.

SE's post was suspicious not because it's just a wolfy post, but because it's a wolfy SE post.

He has a very clever way of posting things, but over time you can work out that it's just his way of being a wolf.

He does these four things:

Supports the most obvious townies with statements that are obvious or meaningless (to gain support in return)
Attacks the current wagon with statements that are obvious or meaningless (to get a non-suspicious vote)
Votes on the current wagon.
Makes some statement to show that the person he'd voted had the opportunity to get the vote off of them so it's not his responsibility. (I'll take my vote off of you if)

Reactions: Pyure and 016Nojr

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
@RealKC, could you give us a vote recap in like half an hour (4 hours before day's end)?
I don't have the time to do so atm.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Votes until now:
Cheese (3) Fowl, Nojr, SE
SE (2) Pyure, Shaz
Pyure (1) Me
Nojr (1) Letho

If I made a mistake, please correct me and I'll correct this post.

Ulfari

Jul 29, 2019
As a new inhabitant, I don't know what happen if there is a tie at lynch vote... So let's see ^~^
##vote Someone else
Ps: most cheese get better with age, maybe it works for you too ;)

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
As a new inhabitant, I don't know what happen if there is a tie at lynch vote... So let's see ^~^
##vote Someone else
Ps: most cheese get better with age, maybe it works for you too ;)
The lynched person is decided by RNG (Random Number Generator)

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Oops. Almost forgot about EoD.

If Pyure or Fred are wolves, they'd be stupid to sacrifice one of their teammates this early. I think they're probably town. *crosses fingers*

Cheese, on the other hand, has still yet to give any semblance of an explanation for his vote yesterday, despite myself and Pyure prodding him.
##Vote Cheese again for this reason. 'Splain yourself, and I might move my vote.

My guess is that Cheese and SE37 are v/w. They are certainly not w/w. Given this chain of votes on Cheese I would doubt that Cheese is the mafia (as I have said previously). It seems to me like a few villagers started the wagon and the wolves got it up to speed. It's not normal for so many votes to appear in such a short timeframe on a single wagon. This is what I can say from experience, at least. I would say it would also be an informative lynch, since we can most likely consider Cheese to be villager if SE37 flips mafia.

##vote Someone Else 37

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Changing to Vote Nojr

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Outta curiosity, why fowltief?

A paranoid man wonders if you're changing vote so you're not associated with a possible cheese-lynch. Why Nojr and not SE37? If SE37 flips wolf, you're gonna look terrible.

edit: Ninjad a bit by fred. Fowl's vote looked even worse before fred made cheese a less likely target.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Outta curiosity, why fowltief?

I paranoid man wonders if you're changing vote so you're not associated with a possible cheese-lynch. Why Nojr and not SE37? If SE37 flips wolf, you're gonna look terrible.

edit: Ninjad a bit by fred. Fowl's vote looked even worse before fred made cheese a less likely target.

If he does then I'm sorry. I just don't see anything that puts me as suspicious as you guys make him out to believe.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk