Beginner's Quest - First Time Being a GM! [GAME THREAD]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It doesn't super matter, and its complicated by the fact that Fred and Cheese are still in the op, but as far as I can tell everyone voted.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
There's no-one left who already had their grace taken and the game ends today or tomorrow either way.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
The town decided to lynch Nojr, he was a Bad Guy
The BPO killed Robin, he was a Guard

I think that there's only 1 wolf in the game now, I think.

D6, lynch someone and brb, need to eat, y'know

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is this count correct?

3. Fowltief
4. Pyure
11. Ulfari

I'm gonna be cute here and point something out.

If I'm a wolf, and I've been leading people on by systematically executing my buddies while I execute townies each day, I can win right now by tricking fowltief into killing ulfari. lolol.

This is why the balance isn't as totally messed up as it looks. There were a silly number of wolves in this game. A single (extra) missed wolfhunt would have changed the game drastically.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
And I am talking because the game is over. I know I am officially dead.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Is this count correct?

3. Fowltief
4. Pyure
11. Ulfari

I'm gonna be cute here and point something out.

If I'm a wolf, and I've been leading people on by systematically executing my buddies while I execute townies each day, I can win right now by tricking fowltief into killing ulfari. lolol.

This is why the balance isn't as totally messed up as it looks. There were a silly number of wolves in this game. A single (extra) missed wolfhunt would have changed the game drastically.
The numbers seem more apt for a larger game. If the village hadn't killed a wolf D1 or D2, the wolves would've won. There was a 42% chance to hit a wolf as a seer D1 if you just scanned some random dude. Even higher if you use reads.

IMO, the game was rather balanced, but too much so. Both the wolves and the village had a chance to win, but once one side got the advantage, the other side was basically boned.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The numbers seem more apt for a larger game. If the village hadn't killed a wolf D1 or D2, the wolves would've won. There was a 42% chance to hit a wolf as a seer D1 if you just scanned some random dude. Even higher if you use reads.

IMO, the game was rather balanced, but too much so. Both the wolves and the village had a chance to win, but once one side got the advantage, the other side was basically boned.
Just as a reminder: the seers were not allowed to use their power the first day. On D2 we were allowed to use our power, and got our first result D3 morning, which was when I identified Shaz (good thing too, he had no obvious wolf evidence I could find)

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
all of my scans were bad guys... might be a completely different game if there were more good guy scans.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Why didn't the wolves even bother killing Pyure though?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Why didn't the wolves even bother killing Pyure though?

On D2, I'm guessing because I helped kill SE37. After that, I'm hoping its because I was spreading misinformation. I mentioned at least a couple times that I had a guard on me, and I tried to obfuscate the identity of the watcher. (My grand reveal of Shazam implies that the watchers allowed a non-watcher to make the announcement)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
In that case killing you would at least have caused the watchers to need to find a new spokesman.
But if I remember correctly, you were actually guarded by me that day.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In that case killing you would at least have caused the watchers to need to find a new spokesman.
But if I remember correctly, you were actually guarded by me that day.
They had to pick someone they felt comfortable would be unguarded so that they didn't lose a kill. I was so obviously town (!) that it made little sense for someone to guard me.

I certainly wouldn't have wasted a kill on me. I feel they made the right decision there.