Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I found out why my rituals were not working: I was trying to use Blood in a Blood altar, and it needs LP from the soul network.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I found out why my rituals were not working: I was trying to use Blood in a Blood altar, and it needs LP from the soul network.

Yep, that'll do it. :p

Don't forget that it's a one way conversion to network storage though.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
So just a question on blood magic's orb and lifepool network, Bevo mentioned a blood networks size permanently increases based on the orb you bind. However, in the case of the types orbs you have, and having multiple orbs set up in the way of automating lp, or dividing up lp, how does that work?

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
You have one life essence network per player. All orbs that player owns input into that single pool. I *believe* last time I tested the Orb's tier is the limit on how high that orb will let you put in, I.e. Even if you have a Tier 5 Orb bound, you still can't fill your network past 5K using your Tier 1 Orb, but it will work fine when you put your Tier 5 in the blood altar. Haven't checked if that's still true post version 1.0+ but I don't see why Way would change that.

Thus the amount the Sigil of Divination reports is always your entire LP pool (not counting what's still in your altars, since that's not in your network until the orb drains it).

Edit: So if your looking to increase the size of your LP network, the only way to go is upgrading your Altar & Orb to a higher tier. There is *technically* a Tier 6 Orb, (that should work in a Tier 5 Altar) with a limit of 75 Million LP (more then you should ever need) but you need the Forbidden Magic mod, and combine Thaumcraft w/ Blood Magic to make it.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So just a question on blood magic's orb and lifepool network, Bevo mentioned a blood networks size permanently increases based on the orb you bind. However, in the case of the types orbs you have, and having multiple orbs set up in the way of automating lp, or dividing up lp, how does that work?

Each orb, when placed into an altar, will fill up to its maximum. So taking the Weak Blood Orb and placing it into a T5 altar will only fill your network to a maximum of 5k, assuming it's empty. Taking the Archmage Blood Orb and then placing that into your T5 altar will then go and fill your network to that orb's maximum of 10 million.

If you have multiple altars going, an orb will only fill in an altar of the same tier or higher. So you cannot charge an Archmage's Blood Orb in a T2 altar, but a Weak Blood Orb can be charged in a T5 altar.

Edit: Ninja'd, in my own thread. :(

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
If you have multiple altars going, an orb will only fill in an altar of the same tier or higher. So you cannot charge an Archmage's Blood Orb in a T2 altar, but a Weak Blood Orb can be charged in a T5 altar.

Edit: Ninja'd, in my own thread. :(

I forgot this bit.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Ah Thank you to the both of you. And I do have forbidden magic installed, it's actually where my question kind of spawned from. As making more than one would be a bit harsh but I suppose if I were to make an altar in the same way the gent who made that video did, I could set up alchemy no trouble. Slowly wrapping my head around the concept..

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really sure what you're asking. That looks like a functional T5 altar with 88k LP storage.
The well of suffering will not function, also, did you seriously count out the augmented capacity runes?

Edit: Look at the top, there's three pictures, the first two are my well of suffering.

Edit 2: Now I found how you found the capacity.

Edit 3: Here's the other images: Well of suffering. Witches.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The well of suffering will not function, also, did you seriously count out the augmented capacity runes?

Edit: Look at the top, there's three pictures, the first two are my well of suffering.

Edit 2: Now I found how you found the capacity.

Edit 3: Here's the other images: Well of suffering. Witches.

Yeah, I didn't count. :p

Did you activate the ritual? Bit of a stupid question, but gotta start somewhere. If so, there are particles coming off of it, correct?

What altar are you trying to dump the LP into? Because the T5 is too far away to receive it, and I think that second altar might be too far as well.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I didn't count. :p

Did you activate the ritual? Bit of a stupid question, but gotta start somewhere. If so, there are particles coming off of it, correct?

What altar are you trying to dump the LP into? Because the T5 is too far away to receive it, and I think that second altar might be too far as well.
I tried activating it, and there are no particles, maybe it's the altar?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I tried activating it, and there are no particles, maybe it's the altar?

Sounds like something in the construction isn't correct. Make sure the ritual was able to place all of the ritual stones.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It's a block below the platform for the altar, so there's nothing in the way.

Were all of the ritual stones able to place correctly, on all sides? And do you have the 50k LP stored in your network that's required to start the ritual?

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Were all of the ritual stones able to place correctly, on all sides? And do you have the 50k LP stored in your network that's required to start the ritual?
Yes to the ritual stones, and I used the Orb of Testing, so I had 10,000,000 LP.