Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Anyway, Pad has told me that he is glad it's no longer sticky.

Santa is correct about this. This guide was the last thing making me check these forums daily even though I don't have time and have no desire to continue with MC, and haven't for the past three months. I've already told @Gideonseymour he can resurrect this in his own form if he wants, and it's on the wiki for all to add to and correct. So for everyone who was waiting for an update to this, sorry to disappoint, but I just do not have the time or will to continue this.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
or perhaps a new forum category that's called "community guides"
There was a conversation ages ago between staff about moving things like this to the wiki or even selling them if they were good enough through the FTB shop where the author would get the money, However that went out the window and I don't even think atm we have a shop..

But there is too many categories on the forum already, Server section needs to be re-done and others need to just disappear. So wiki would be the best place.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
There was a conversation ages ago between staff about moving things like this to the wiki or even selling them if they were good enough through the FTB shop where the author would get the money, However that went out the window and I don't even think atm we have a shop..

But there is too many categories on the forum already, Server section needs to be re-done and others need to just disappear. So wiki would be the best place.

There is a shop. I just dont know if anything can be bought from it...

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
High tier alter question.... Do any of the special blocks (glowstone, bloodstone brick, beacon) need direct line of sight to the alter? I've unfortunately miscalculated the sheer size needed for a tier5 or even a tier4 and I'm wondering if it matters if there are a fair amount of blocks intermixed with the large volume that is the alter or if it only matters that there are the required blocks spaced correctly regardless of whatever else is going on.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
High tier alter question.... Do any of the special blocks (glowstone, bloodstone brick, beacon) need direct line of sight to the alter? I've unfortunately miscalculated the sheer size needed for a tier5 or even a tier4 and I'm wondering if it matters if there are a fair amount of blocks intermixed with the large volume that is the alter or if it only matters that there are the required blocks spaced correctly regardless of whatever else is going on.
They don't. Feel free to place hoppers, pipes, chests whatever into the line of sight.

what is the range of the alter itself in relation to sacrifices?
I don't know exactly but I think it's around 1 block

Reactions: Padfoote

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
SearchFu didn't bring up an answer so here's my ask...
Do I need to worry about mob drops when designing a multi-level Cursed Earth spawn room to feed a Well of Suffering?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Do I need to worry about mob drops when designing a multi-level Cursed Earth spawn room to feed a Well of Suffering?
It depends on your computer/server or if you want the items.

If your computer can handle it and you have no need for the drops must leave them be.

Sent from my tüber-powerful tablet that I got for $40 new. -Using potato waves!

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Does your modpack has any form of item collection block like Ender IO Vacuum Chest or OpenBlocks Vacuum Hopper etc?

If you have, just place one, flushed with the cursed earth and directing the output to a trashcan or the likes.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

Oreoz

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for this great rundown.
I am new to blood magic (and mods in general) and really enjoying this so far.
One question that i have tried to find an answer on and can not. Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question
With the dagger of sacrifice does killing villagers at range (say 300 - 400 meters) actually add LP to the altar ? or must they be killed in one hit next to the altar ?

Thank you again for the awesome walkthru

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thank you for this great rundown.
I am new to blood magic (and mods in general) and really enjoying this so far.
One question that i have tried to find an answer on and can not. Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question
With the dagger of sacrifice does killing villagers at range (say 300 - 400 meters) actually add LP to the altar ? or must they be killed in one hit next to the altar ?

Thank you again for the awesome walkthru

Killing any mob with the Dagger of Sacrifice requires you to be within a couple of blocks of the altar block itself. Glad you enjoyed the guide.