Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I don't think Gid is on 1.7. Us testers have been bugging him for an update for a while now.
:/
Unfortunately I am still in 1.6, for Running Red purposes. I'd suggest placing the Master Ritual Stone as close to the Altar as possible, and then use the Ritual Diviner (Dusk version?). If that doesn't work, try using the stronger Activation crystal. I don't really have many ideas, as I haven't played much with 1.7 yet.

And I'll have you a RR update either today or tommorow

Also Padfoote, the Summoning Gods are going to kill you for that improper summon

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
:/
Unfortunately I am still in 1.6, for Running Red purposes. I'd suggest placing the Master Ritual Stone as close to the Altar as possible, and then use the Ritual Diviner (Dusk version?). If that doesn't work, try using the stronger Activation crystal. I don't really have many ideas, as I haven't played much with 1.7 yet.

And I'll have you a RR update either today or tommorow

Also Padfoote, the Summoning Gods are going to kill you for that improper summon

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

The question was the purpose of the ritual. ;)

And I'm listed as one of the midlevel summons, I'll be fine for not following it. :p

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
The question was the purpose of the ritual. ;)

And I'm listed as one of the midlevel summons, I'll be fine for not following it. :p
*demons fall from below and kill Padfoote*

I'm on my computer now. The Cry of Eternal Soul does drain from your network and into a Blood Altar, but only while you are near it. It also is inefficient, as for every 3LP drained from your Soul Network, it only puts 2 into the altar. If you run out of LP in the Altar whilst crafting, it should continue the crafting with negative effects, because I think that the input from the ritual is at least equal to the speed of crafting. Should be affected by speed runes, I think?

Sorry for my derp back there. :p
At least I got around to answering the question ;)

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
The ritual take 2 LP per 1LP inputted, and will place it into the input buffer of the altar. Will also keep you at 1 heart while it is working.
So it basically is a way to transfer from your network into the alter.
Interesting....

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Blood Magic v1.1.0(1.7.10) and Demon Crystals are not in NEI and they're not dropping when I kill demons. I've tried multiple times with fallen angels and ice demons. I was able to kill my first elemental without them so it's not blocking my game. Just curious if the mechanic changed or if I have found a bug.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm playing Blood Magic v1.1.0(1.7.10) and Demon Crystals are not in NEI and they're not dropping when I kill demons. I've tried multiple times with fallen angels and ice demons. I was able to kill my first elemental without them so it's not blocking my game. Just curious if the mechanic changed or if I have found a bug.

I don't know actually. I haven't had the time to try 1.7.10 yet.

@Qazplm601 I think I've heard that you've been messing with 1.7.10. If so, do you mind checking the above question to see if it works for you? Or @Gideonseymour, if you feel like checking for me. A cookie for whoever gets it first.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
they are in NEI (unlocalized version) however they do not drop. I think it is a bug as I saw nothing in the changelog or The MC forum thread.
How's that @Padfoote

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
they are in NEI (unlocalized version) however they do not drop. I think it is a bug as I saw nothing in the changelog or The MC forum thread.
How's that @Padfoote

chocolate_chip_cookies.jpg

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the time but it would make it easier to watch if he split it in half. It is hard to find 1 hour free tie to watch youtube. If I have that much free time I would rather play myself than watch someone play.

Its good I have 2,5 hours in train, buss and ferry to come home from work :D

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
A couple questions on the Ritual of Gaia's transformation...
1. Does the rise of temperature prevent the water from freezing in snow biomes? If yes, how many times would you need to rise temperature to do so?
2. I don't quite understand what's in the wiki about how this ritual has to be activated or how you set the area of effect of the ritual. Could someone elaborate please?
3. Finally, is there a way to check the temperature/humidity of the area before/after the ritual?

Many thankss

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
A couple questions on the Ritual of Gaia's transformation...
1. Does the rise of temperature prevent the water from freezing in snow biomes? If yes, how many times would you need to rise temperature to do so?
2. I don't quite understand what's in the wiki about how this ritual has to be activated or how you set the area of effect of the ritual. Could someone elaborate please?
3. Finally, is there a way to check the temperature/humidity of the area before/after the ritual?

Many thankss
1. No
2. The ritual is activated like all other advanced rituals, with an Advanced Activation Crystal.
3. There is no way to check without another mod.

This ritual isn't very useful by itself, but can be extremely useful with mods that use these temperatures and humidities like Forestry