Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I goofed around with the complex one a bit in 1.6. I find the easy one harder than the complex one.

Reactions: YX33A

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
It's been said a few times around these forums that I don't know anything about the spell system. :p
Hehe... You seem like the Blood Magic guy around here though, aside from Way since its his mod...

Anywho, general question... What exactly does the Key of Binding do? What "other" item can be bound to the soul network? I presume that this key is a way to mind non-blood magic items to the soul network, but I wouldn't know how that would function then with some items...

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe... You seem like the Blood Magic guy around here though, aside from Way since its his mod...

Anywho, general question... What exactly does the Key of Binding do? What "other" item can be bound to the soul network? I presume that this key is a way to mind non-blood magic items to the soul network, but I wouldn't know how that would function then with some items...
It's only useful on servers and for world downloads. It finds an unbound item and binds it to its soul network. For, say, youtubers putting out a world, they could give the viewer a key and leave any already-existing infrastructure intact.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so going back to my earlier post...
Just did a little quick test in a creative world, after a moment of learning... Um... Wow, complex indeed. I combined the following:
Self Augmentator > Earth Former > Defensive Spell Modifier > Spell Conduit > Crucible of Fire > Offense Spell Modifier

Not sure 100% if the spell conduit was needed, I put it in since I was moving from the Defensive Modifier to a new element. So I presumed it would be needed without much foreknowledge of how the spell structures would work. The end result though was a combination of 3 buffs/debuffs. Heavy Heart II, Health Boost II, and Flame Cloak. Both the first 2 last for a minute and the Cloak only lasts for 15 seconds. And each cast of it cost me roughly 1484 LP out of the network.

Oh this spell system is going to be fun, and a perfect way to do a build I have always wanted to do and never really been able to do because well.... It requires Beacons for the way I was thinking of doing it before... Lots of Beacons... and Large bases.

Reactions: Padfoote

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so going back to my earlier post...
Just did a little quick test in a creative world, after a moment of learning... Um... Wow, complex indeed. I combined the following:
Self Augmentator > Earth Former > Defensive Spell Modifier > Spell Conduit > Crucible of Fire > Offense Spell Modifier

Not sure 100% if the spell conduit was needed, I put it in since I was moving from the Defensive Modifier to a new element. So I presumed it would be needed without much foreknowledge of how the spell structures would work. The end result though was a combination of 3 buffs/debuffs. Heavy Heart II, Health Boost II, and Flame Cloak. Both the first 2 last for a minute and the Cloak only lasts for 15 seconds. And each cast of it cost me roughly 1484 LP out of the network.

Oh this spell system is going to be fun, and a perfect way to do a build I have always wanted to do and never really been able to do because well.... It requires Beacons for the way I was thinking of doing it before... Lots of Beacons... and Large bases.
I'll be covering the rest of the Complex Spell System. Soon(tm)

Reactions: Padfoote

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Eh.. actually two questions;
1. The complex crystal for spells can be renamed in an anvil without impacting its ability to function correct?
2. If I log out with a ritual going in a single-player world, will I need to spend the LP cost to reactive it? I just setup my power system using the Serenade of the Nether, and wondering if I'll need to leave myself an access hatch to the master ritual stone...

Also loving how wireless redstone works on ritual stones :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Eh.. actually two questions;
1. The complex crystal for spells can be renamed in an anvil without impacting its ability to function correct?
2. If I log out with a ritual going in a single-player world, will I need to spend the LP cost to reactive it? I just setup my power system using the Serenade of the Nether, and wondering if I'll need to leave myself an access hatch to the master ritual stone...

Also loving how wireless redstone works on ritual stones :)

1) Should be able to, yes.
2) No.

herobrinejr59

Jul 29, 2019
you can use the air sigil and land without taking fall damage if you use the air sigil before you hit the ground and you take no fall damage or a tiny bit.
(Note to thaumaturges about blood alter: you cant use a wand of warding and ward the blocks used in alter to protect it because it wont work as the block needed to make that tier alter and if you do you the alter will go down in tiers and the blood will be lost and you only keep the max of the tier that it is turned into.)
if you are using the mod in a skyblock like agrarian skies or something i suggest you keep a air sigil in your hotbar at all times so if you fall into the void you can fly out with it. (i keep my one on 9 as it is out of the way but easy to switch to)

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Any tip for fighting the elementals? I'm getting one-hit all the time. I know it has something to do with the ability they have to revert the damage caused but I can't seem to figure out when that skill is active or not >_<

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Any tip for fighting the elementals? I'm getting one-hit all the time. I know it has something to do with the ability they have to revert the damage caused but I can't seem to figure out when that skill is active or not >_<

I believe they will have some sort of particle effect around them when the effect is active. I suggest having the Sigil of Elemental Affinity, since IIRC one or two of the elementals has an effect that the sigil will resist. Potions also help.

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Also, for Elementals, use the Ritual of Binding to keep them in a one block space.

Wow thanks! This really helped, finally managed to kill it and get a shard. I still don't know what particle effect I should be looking at though hahahha as the mob goes trough three of them (red - gray - white)

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Wow thanks! This really helped, finally managed to kill it and get a shard. I still don't know what particle effect I should be looking at though hahahha as the mob goes trough three of them (red - gray - white)
IIRC, the White is the damage reflect.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Cry of the Eternal Soul?

If I understand this ritual correctly from way's description in the Mc thread. It's a way to get LP out of the network and into the alter to be used for crafting. Am I right or way off base?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Cry of the Eternal Soul?

If I understand this ritual correctly from way's description in the Mc thread. It's a way to get LP out of the network and into the alter to be used for crafting. Am I right or way off base?

I'm still on 1.6 due to not having a ton of time to play / document, but that sounds correct based on the MCF post. Perhaps @Gideonseymour will know for sure?