Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
A couple questions on the Ritual of Gaia's transformation...
1. Does the rise of temperature prevent the water from freezing in snow biomes? If yes, how many times would you need to rise temperature to do so?
2. I don't quite understand what's in the wiki about how this ritual has to be activated or how you set the area of effect of the ritual. Could someone elaborate please?
3. Finally, is there a way to check the temperature/humidity of the area before/after the ritual?

Many thankss

On point 2 specifically, I have not documented this ritual on the official wiki, and cannot comment on how the unofficial one has documented it because I haven't seen how they did it.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
On point 2 specifically, I have not documented this ritual on the official wiki, and cannot comment on how the unofficial one has documented it because I haven't seen how they did it.
They wouldn't have done it well, anything they can do we can do better! :p
I'm going to need to eventually get into Blood Magic, once I've finished documenting a bunch of mods on the wiki, and this will be one of the many guides and tutorials I shall be using. :D

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm going to need to eventually get into Blood Magic, once I've finished documenting a bunch of mods on the wiki, and this will be one of the many guides and tutorials I shall be using. :D

I would use the wiki version over this one. This version is frozen due to me having a whole zero characters left to use, so I can't update it without cutting info (something I will not do). Plus, I have some plans for the wiki version.

Reactions: RealSketch

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I could use a little help here...

I'm running the latest version of Agrarian Skies and attempting to use the Blood Magic ritual, "Call of the Zephyr".

It works.. but it doesn't work as well as it should? I saw a post from Wayoftime describing it and supposedly if I put a gold or diamond block beneath the ritual it has a longer range. I'm just not seeing any change regardless of what block I use.

Is this normal or am I doing it wrong?

I am putting the block right directly below (adjacent) to the master ritual stone.

Thanks!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hey guys, I could use a little help here...

I'm running the latest version of Agrarian Skies and attempting to use the Blood Magic ritual, "Call of the Zephyr".

It works.. but it doesn't work as well as it should? I saw a post from Wayoftime describing it and supposedly if I put a gold or diamond block beneath the ritual it has a longer range. I'm just not seeing any change regardless of what block I use.

Is this normal or am I doing it wrong?

I am putting the block right directly below (adjacent) to the master ritual stone.

Thanks!

Have you tried restarting the ritual once you add the block? A lever should be enough to restart it.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Ritual is only upgradeable in 1.7.2 - 1.7.10

Oh well that makes perfect sense then.

Also, would it be cool if I made a suggestion about this block/ritual?

It would be great if the behaviour changed depending on what type of container was placed on the block. For instance, if a tank of some sort is placed on the block, then it could hoover up XP drops (liquid xp) or maybe even mob essence if the mob was killed by the Well of Suffering.

It would be nice to be able to use all faces of the ritual stone for outputs, but if you have to make multiple then I guess that'd be okay too. It's a pretty cheap block to make/run.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
can anyone help me with some altar designs?
I'm not really good at choosing an altar setup so I don't really know what a good design would be

I'm mainly looking for a setup that's pretty much an allrounder, so used for sacrificing, item creation and orb filling
but I was also thinking of perhaps having several altars for each task
so an altar used for creating LP which will transfer the LP to the other altars, an altar used for item creating, an altar used for orb filling and a random altar for whatever you want to do

but again, I don't really know what a good design would be for these altars, so could anyone perhaps show me some altar designs?

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019

My altar is not optimized because Im missing some runes but one of the importent things I have made is a turtle that can read the amont of LP and craft what i ask it for. By using Itemducts the turtle can make up to 15 stack of each slate without I need to be there.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really good at choosing an altar setup so I don't really know what a good design would be

I'm mainly looking for a setup that's pretty much an allrounder, so used for sacrificing, item creation and orb filling
so an altar used for creating LP which will transfer the LP to the other altars, an altar used for item creating, an altar used for orb filling and a random altar for whatever you want to do

but again, I don't really know what a good design would be for these altars, so could anyone perhaps show me some altar designs?

Maybe check out the tier 5 one I built in my Let's Play series -

I combined a blood altar/well of suffering with golem XP farm and distillery. I use teleposers to feed it, so there is no power required (no autospawners or anything like that) and it outputs more mobs than an autospawner anyway :D

Reactions: Yusunoha

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, fishy blood[DOUBLEPOST=1409695130][/DOUBLEPOST]

If you imagine each side of the altar and it's runes spreading out and down I find filling each side with one type of rune(speed, dislocation, sacrifice and augmented capacity) too be a good all round solution... Combined with a well of suffering above or below it and the healing ritual you get more blood than you can use.

Dislocation runes help with pumping blood in and out massively, I have a drum and fluiducts under my altar with a lever that will fill the drum usually but when flipped fills the altar for big infusions.

Varsenic

Jul 29, 2019
I just started blood magic last week and I've already stared getting into bound armor and tools and let me just say I love very thing about them. But I just wanted to ask some opinions which is better arsmagica top tier armor or bound armor?

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Been meaning to ask this for a while, so to get this out of the way: is there a good way to generate LP passively that is low-lag? While I can always get two dozen witches in a well of suffering, that's a fair number of additional entities for my poor fossilized system to track simply to maintain LP. Are there any other options available? While I can always self-sacrifice whenever I'm back at base, that makes a poor solution if I find myself using LP 'round near the end-game stuff.

(Now if only AdvancedOpenGL: On actually helped lag issues rather than exacerbating them, haha)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Been meaning to ask this for a while, so to get this out of the way: is there a good way to generate LP passively that is low-lag? While I can always get two dozen witches in a well of suffering, that's a fair number of additional entities for my poor fossilized system to track simply to maintain LP. Are there any other options available? While I can always self-sacrifice whenever I'm back at base, that makes a poor solution if I find myself using LP 'round near the end-game stuff.

(Now if only AdvancedOpenGL: On actually helped lag issues rather than exacerbating them, haha)

The only thing I can suggest is to only use a handful of witches. I can't think of anything that is going to be less laggy than that, other than self-sacrifice.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I can suggest is to only use a handful of witches. I can't think of anything that is going to be less laggy than that, other than self-sacrifice.
Unfortunate, but that's what I was afraid of. Here's hoping @WayofTime offers something alternative some day in the future, I suppose! Perhaps some way to summon a single 'large' creature to constantly bleed for us, ala those gigantic tormented demons you find in Act 3 of Diablo 3, heh. In any case, thanks for your input Padfoote!

Reactions: Padfoote

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
[Ping removed] Any clue why this was unstickied, or is that just a glitch on my end?
@Lawbroken was the one who unstickied it, as well as the Thaumcraft thingy by Succubism. I had asked/complained about there being 10 stickied threads in this section, so he got rid of some. Anyway, Pad has told me that he is glad it's no longer sticky.

Reactions: Padfoote