Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
I did, or at least I think I did as I'm getting the effects of all 3. Top master stone holds regen and feather knife, built and activated regen first then built and activated feather knife 2nd. Bottom just holds the well of suffering.

How do I know the effects are on? The regen crystals from geostrata weren't there at first. Knife is damaging me for LP, well is damaging mobs, regen is regen-ing abit slowly as expected, yes it includes mobs as damage indicators say they have a 2sec then buff.

Was this a bug? I thought it was intended with how the regen contains perfectly the well/knife.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That's not possible, unfortunately. Maybe the last one is hidden?

Not sure. Looking at the first and second pictures it looks like there's only two stones.

I did, or at least I think I did as I'm getting the effects of all 3. Top master stone holds regen and feather knife, built and activated regen first then built and activated feather knife 2nd. Bottom just holds the well of suffering.

How do I know the effects are on? The regen crystals from geostrata weren't there at first. Knife is damaging me for LP, well is damaging mobs, regen is regen-ing abit slowly as expected, yes it includes mobs as damage indicators say they have a 2sec then buff.

Was this a bug? I thought it was intended with how the regen contains perfectly the well/knife.

It does indeed sound like you have the effects for all three rituals running if I'm understanding everything correctly. Now I'm really confused. :confused:

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Saw the problem, was using 1 master stone for all 3. Caused one of the Red stones from Feathered Knife to be over written by a blue Purple stone from the well. I'll try making another master stone for the Well and put it below the 1st one.

EDIT: well actually more than the Red stones, also the Brown Purple ones near the centre.
Purple Crystal Lamps? Those are EXP Generators, you need Magenta.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Way is there any chance in a future update that the Rituals of Regen/F.Knife/Suffering might turn off when the altar they are connected to is full?

I moved my rituals to over the top of my Altar so I wouldn't be draining players in the floor below and discovered the person most likely to drain my network is me, any time I stand near my altar and my Master Orb isn't inside it, even after the Altar is completely full and the drained LP is going nowhere.

Also my moving the rituals had a weird effect. Directly under the Altar, a floor below (now about 8-10 blocks below the Master Stone) there is no drain, but if I move 5-8 blocks off to the side (and still a floor down) it starts again, which location-wise is very weird. It works fine (and as expected) standing on the altar-ziggarat itself. Is the shape of the draining field not a cube?

Next plan is probably to try and connect a T.Mechworks wire system to the rituals so they can have a on/off switch.

Edit: And If I haven't mentioned it yet, Thanks for all your hard work on this mod Way, it's a lot of fun.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few questions...

Can you have multiple altar to your name?

Can you make another orb of the same type to store more lp? Or you need to next tier? (Or the rune)

I currently have a tier 4 alter and my master orb isin't drinking lp from the altar? I have like 100k lp in mt network which is far from the 1mil possible...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I have a few questions...

Can you have multiple altar to your name?

Can you make another orb of the same type to store more lp? Or you need to next tier? (Or the rune)

I currently have a tier 4 alter and my master orb isin't drinking lp from the altar? I have like 100k lp in mt network which is far from the 1mil possible...

Yes, you can have numerous altars.

AFAIK, you need the next tier to increase storage. That, or Rune of the Orb upgrades.

Have you bound the orb to yourself? And is the orb placed in the T4 altar? I believe an orb can only refill from altars that are the same tier as itself or higher.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks! I might have forgot to bound it to myself :p I'll check next time I log!

I will try to make two orb and see if we can double the storage :)

And could we charge both orb (twice the same) at the same time in two different altar?

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, folks! Just stopping by to say that I sincerely thank you all for the support that you have shown for me! I'll try to keep everything running smoothly enough for you to get as much out of the mod as you can.

On that note, I'd like to inform you guys that the Blood Magic API is almost out, so if a burgeoning modder is thinking of adding some content they can have a crack at Blood Magic! Thought you guys would find it interesting, and I'm sure many bets have been settled on whether in-game docs or the API comes first! :p

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@WayofTime That's great news! Hopefully there's some good addons / integration that comes out of this.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If there's anyone who has played around with either the spell or alchemy system extensively and is willing to help me with something, mind sending me a PM?