Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
I /just/ did my T3 in my LP videos, with 28 Self Sac runes I went from 200 lp to 760 lp per finger prick.
Yay, more proof I canz maths correctly.

What's your channel? (Can I ask that?) I wouldn't mind watching some other people mess with Blood Magic, it's one of the things I saw in Ako & Cid's videos that got me wanting to try it originally. Sometimes I wonder if I like watching people play modpacks as much as playing them myself.

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, more proof I canz maths correctly.

What's your channel? (Can I ask that?) I wouldn't mind watching some other people mess with Blood Magic, it's one of the things I saw in Ako & Cid's videos that got me wanting to try it originally. Sometimes I wonder if I like watching people play modpacks as much as playing them myself.

I haven't uploaded the videos for BloodMagic yet, I've been recording more than a bit of a queue so I can have lazy days...like...two weeks of backlog XD

But I'm LPwTanthis on the tubes if you want to watch my Let's Play.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Argh. So I built out my Altar in the shape of a T5, and the rituals still don't fit underneath (they half build then stop). Either I'm doing something wrong, or I need to raise the whole structure off the ground a block as well. I'm definitely getting tired of rebuilding it. I wish Open Blocks had a Blood Altar Building guide pattern. I'm worried that I'm derping something up. The Ritual of Regeneration is the one that goes on the bottom, right? It doesn't fit 3 blocks below the altar, but seems like it will if it's 4.

Edit: Yup, the Ritual of the Feathered fits if it's 3 blocks below the altar. So Regen needs to be 4. So I need to float the whole thing up a block. *Explitive* it. Well at least it should be worth it, once it's done.

Last edited:

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Argh. So I built out my Altar in the shape of a T5, and the rituals still don't fit underneath (they half build then stop). Either I'm doing something wrong, or I need to raise the whole structure off the ground a block as well. I'm definitely getting tired of rebuilding it. I wish Open Blocks had a Blood Altar Building guide pattern. I'm worried that I'm derping something up. The Ritual of Regeneration is the one that goes on the bottom, right? It doesn't fit 3 blocks below the altar, but seems like it will if it's 4.

I believe you're correct, when socketing them regen master ritual stone ends up right below, so that'd be four down. When in doubt, there's always creative where you can test your builds. I've had to do that with altar design countless times.

Reactions: Padfoote

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Got it working after I moved the whole thing up 1 block. My Altar-Ziggarat is huge now now. Seems pretty interesting, but it also continually drains my LP network. How does that work on a server when I log off? Does it keep draining me, or does it turn off or something?

It's pretty cool to be able to afk for a bit and charge up my network with the Orb on the altar however.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Got it working after I moved the whole thing up 1 block. My Altar-Ziggarat is huge now now. Seems pretty interesting, but it also continually drains my LP network. How does that work on a server when I log off? Does it keep draining me, or does it turn off or something?

It's pretty cool to be able to afk for a bit and charge up my network with the Orb on the altar however.

If I understand correctly from everything I've heard, it'll keep draining even with you off. I could be wrong though since I'm not on a server.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
It does keep draining ... if there is someone there to gain the benefit of Regeneration. So when I walked out of the area completely the drain stopped.

However if one of my friends logs on and hangs out near my altar it could drain my network I think.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
It does keep draining ... if there is someone there to gain the benefit of Regeneration. So when I walked out of the area completely the drain stopped.

However if one of my friends logs on and hangs out near my altar it could drain my network I think.
Have one of the Well of Suffering rituals so if your friends hang out near your altar, it'll take their life essence to make up for the drain from your own network.

Reactions: PierceSG

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Ritual of the Feathered Knife. Well of Suffering is mobs. ;)
Oh right. :oops:

Also, if you want to expand the guide, an OP or someone might be willing to port everything over to a new thread. Or, if that's not possible, you can always copy everything over onto a new thread and reserve the next couple of posts for guide expansion. Of course that would mean losing the pages of discussion. :confused:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Also, if you want to expand the guide, an OP or someone might be willing to port everything over to a new thread. Or, if that's not possible, you can always copy everything over onto a new thread and reserve the next couple of posts for guide expansion. Of course that would mean losing the pages of discussion. :confused:

The main post here is either three or four total posts combined since I posted them all within a few minutes of each other. Past that, it wouldn't let me reserve more for some reason. But the guide here probably won't be expanded again since with the wiki I have plenty of room to hit the basics, as well as some more in depth information like the new spell system and the potion system.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Can't Well of Suffering and Feathered Knife work simultaneously along with Regen ritual? Ive managed to fit those 3 under my soon to be T5 altar using the Ritual maker stick. Activated Regen first then Feathered Knife, when I activated the Suffering it turned off the Feathered Knife.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Can't Well of Suffering and Feathered Knife work simultaneously along with Regen ritual? Ive managed to fit those 3 under my soon to be T5 altar using the Ritual maker stick. Activated Regen first then Feathered Knife, when I activated the Suffering it turned off the Feathered Knife.

TBH I've never tried to use both at the same time. I think (could be completely wrong though) that each one requires their own altar however.

Last edited:

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Saw the problem, was using 1 master stone for all 3. Caused one of the Red stones from Feathered Knife to be over written by a blue Purple stone from the well. I'll try making another master stone for the Well and put it below the 1st one.

EDIT: well actually more than the Red stones, also the Brown Purple ones near the centre.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So I was just messing around in NEI and I discovered you can make leather with the Alchemic Chemistry Set.

Edit: You can also duplicate flint in there. Turns out there's quite a few recipes buried within that set.

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
So I combined all 3 altar rituals and made a thing. Using Monster 1.10 with BloodMagic 0.7.2b
All 3 altar rituals, able to be fit under a T4 altar. Effective range of Well of Suffering is the up to the White villager only but it still deposits the LP collected into the altar.
2014-03-27_20.13.49.png

Underside view, Top Master Stone does the Feathered Knife and Regeneration Ritual. Bottom Stone does the Well of Suffering ritual.
2014-03-27_20.14.14.png

Here it is in action. Tesseract is there to transfer excess blood into storage and transfer Mob Essence from storage as well as energy into the Auto-Spawner. Drum is there for testing.
2014-03-27_20.09.03.png

Without Tesseract
2014-03-27_20.17.42.png

Fluiduct /w Servo settings
2014-03-27_20.33.57.png

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@Hannibal_00 That setup is quite impressive. Looking at the pictures I only saw two Master Ritual Stones though, so were you able to get two of the rituals to share one stone?