Battle of Verdun - Game

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, apparently every wolf except for the infiltrator is already dead. So looks like scanning won't really help.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I am just a Grunt ._.
vote Eruantien
Hm, yeah, no.
Isn't there another role?

Vote Eru because I like ties
Yes, the infiltrator or grunt.
Also I distrust this "motive".
Hm, apparently every wolf except for the infiltrator is already dead. So looks like scanning won't really help.
"Apparently" you say...

I'm going to make a declaration here. I believe ljfa and sgbros to be the last remaining bad guys. Epic is the artillery (or else a very heavily disguised infiltrator but I doubt it). I'm the local nerd.
There is only one way to win from here, and that is only applicable if the artillery's fire happens before the bad guys kill us two remaining good guys. It is also possible, although highly improbable, that ljfa could be a Grunt. (There's also no way to prove a "grunt" role, but sgbros hasn't even made a roleclaim. I know that sgbros is not a grunt by virtue of my role powers.) In either of these cases the town wins.
If however all THREE of them are bad guys then the good guys lose. This is also highly unlikely.

Realistically there's no way to avoid a confrontation at this point. It seems we are going for a tie vote, which we don't want to happen, as it's equally likely to lynch a good or bad guy. @ljfa if you really are a grunt then you'll satisfy it by switching your vote to sgbros.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I know that sgbros is not a grunt by virtue of my role powers
You mean by virtue of Someone Else 37's role powers? Please :p
I believe you and possibly either sgbros or TheEpic are the last remaining wolves. But I have as little evidence about that as you, and a local nerd could just as well be a spy or have contact with a spy.

If Eruantien is the only bad guy left we have to kill him, otherwise we will have a tie tomorrow and lose.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
You mean by virtue of Someone Else 37's role powers? Please :p
I believe you and possibly either sgbros or TheEpic are the last remaining wolves. But I have as little evidence about that as you, and a local nerd could just as well be a spy or have contact with a spy.

If Eruantien is the only bad guy left we have to kill him, otherwise we will have a tie tomorrow and lose.
No. I am allowed to guess everybody's role daily. (Well, except when roleblocked, which has happened once.) When I guessed grunt for sg the answer came back as "incorrect", thus he is not a grunt. Which means he very well could be the infiltrator. Also there should be no spies remaining, there have already been two.
Well that's direct.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
End of Game!

ljfa was lynched by random.org! He was the infiltrator, disguised as a Grunt.

sgbros1 was killed by an Artillery!

The Town wins!

SoraZodia wins!
SpwnX wins!
Eruantien wins!

TheEpic5 and Eruantien survived until the end!

Good work guys, I'll come back and do a final review in a couple of hours.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
FINAL RECAP AND NOTES STUFF:

First, my notes and action record for the game

1. For balance sake, nobody was given the role "Grunt." The numbers worked out so that three scum would have been too few, but four was slightly too many. For this reason, the grunt (originally Lethosos) was reassigned to a Medic, and the maniac (whom randomed Sniper and Demolitionist) was assigned the stronger of the two roles.

2. Eruantien was given one of the most powerful roles I've seen here (granted, I wasn't here for OPWolfDebaucle). Not only could he scan somebody every two days, but he could also (Every day) guess at everybody's role. And he was told whether these guesses were correct or not. He proceeding to guess 3 of the scum, although he was mislead by one being the infiltrator. I'm surprised he never contacted the scum to work together, being a neutral and all.

3. I'm not sure the impact the 3 to a conversation rule had. Especially with two villagers proving themselves the first night (completely unexpected, I'll have to come up with a way to prevent that. Not posting numbers in the recap would work).

4. The game turned out to be rather balanced.
Pyure said:
I just realized the badguys have both a roleblocker AND seer. I'm gonna call mafia win on this one in advance. REMEMBER MY GENIUS.
Pyure was off. They actually had two roleblockers. Maybe he's not such a genius after all.

All together, it was a good game. It suffered from a lack of activity in the later stages, but that's expected. Turns out will kill all the talkative players. But I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Reactions: dylanpiera

TheEpic5

Jul 29, 2019
1. For balance sake, nobody was given the role "Grunt." The numbers worked out so that three scum would have been too few, but four was slightly too many. For this reason, the grunt (originally Lethosos) was reassigned to a Medic, and the maniac (whom randomed Sniper and Demolitionist) was assigned the stronger of the two roles.

2. Eruantien was given one of the most powerful roles I've seen here (granted, I wasn't here for OPWolfDebaucle). Not only could he scan somebody every two days, but he could also (Every day) guess at everybody's role. And he was told whether these guesses were correct or not. He proceeding to guess 3 of the scum, although he was mislead by one being the infiltrator. I'm surprised he never contacted the scum to work together, being a neutral and all.

3. I'm not sure the impact the 3 to a conversation rule had. Especially with two villagers proving themselves the first night (completely unexpected, I'll have to come up with a way to prevent that. Not posting numbers in the recap would work).

4. The game turned out to be rather balanced. Pyure was off. They actually had two roleblockers. Maybe he's not such a genius after all.

All together, it was a good game. It suffered from a lack of activity in the later stages, but that's expected. Turns out will kill all the talkative players. But I'm pleased with the way it turned out.
1. ahh what is it?
2. To be fair, the artillery kill does become b4 the scum kill.
3. Yeah, that's the bad thing about double votes. You can easily confirm yourself with those.
4. Ok.
You see, this is why I'm silent. I kind of tend to not care.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
gg no rip in pizza
/cs:go lingo

Good goin guys. Idk why I sided with the town after all, I forgot I was neutral... but hey we won!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4. The game turned out to be rather balanced. Pyure was off. They actually had two roleblockers. Maybe he's not such a genius after all.

The wolves did have a seer (me) in addition to their roleblockers. However, I could only scan someone every other night, and on one of those nights I scanned my own teammate because stupidity. Wolf seers aren't nearly as helpful to their team as village seers are to theirs anyway, in my experience, even without my general uselessness.

Just pointing this out, since your phrasing made it sound like we had no seers (which, granted, was effectively the case anyhow).

TheEpic5

Jul 29, 2019
gg no rip in pizza
/cs:go lingo

Good goin guys. Idk why I sided with the town after all, I forgot I was neutral... but hey we won!
tfw you almost die
tfw greentext
tfw tfw
tfw no arrows

oh yeah and I could kill you with one bullet

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Welp
upload_2015-12-21_6-18-4.png
Yeah, I feel like SE37's scannings were kinda useless :p

gg, I wonder if we could've won if luck were in my favor at the end ^^

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
You would have. Had random.org selected Eruantien instead of ljfa, then it would have been just you and TheEpic5. And I believe we normally default 1 v 1 to the wolves.

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Wolfen seers are only really helpfull in a game like "Clusterfuck" ( see upcomming game lisy in organization thread )

Where you don't know what team you could be on.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Agreed. I didn't anticipate this:
And that Eruantien would ultimately collaborate with and lead the village.

Btw, I realize his role was powerful for the village, but I didn't think it was brutally OP for his own personal victory. It would be tricky to nudge it weaker w/o brutally nerfing it.