Automated Automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

null123

Mar 27, 2014
As the title suggests, I'm rather interested in Meta-Automation, or in Layman's terms, Automated Automation. I have a few ideas, but I want to hear some of your guys (and girls :p) thoughts. Try and come up with something, preferably not using Turtles/Drones or the like, as an extra challenge :p

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
I'm.... I'm scared, well maybe when you auto craft something with AE and you don't have the recipe to do it, a computer makes the recipe that you're missing for you so eventually you have every recipe in the game...

null123

Mar 27, 2014
I'm.... I'm scared, well maybe when you auto craft something with AE and you don't have the recipe to do it, a computer makes the recipe that you're missing for you so eventually you have every recipe in the game...
-_- I mean, automate the automation of everything xD. Automating AE autocradting couod be very useful though.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So what you effectively want is a system that will

- Autocraft blank patterns for AE (trivial)
- Input them into a pattern encoder (trivial, but remember it needs to do it a stack at a time)
- Take recipes from NEI and the corresponding items from your storage (I have no idea how this would be done)
- Encode the recipe (I think this is doable)
- Remove the pattern and input it into your MAC? (Simples)

As for crafting once you have the recipes set up, you could have a huge bank of chests with export buses and level emitters, give a redstone signal once to activate the "always craft" bus when your stock of an item falls below a certain level. Oh and an import bus on the other side of the chest.

Problem is you would basically need one setup like that for every item (or at least one for every 8 items if you use a better export bus).

Combine this with automated quarring and ore processing, and a system I dreamed up to autodetect low storage space, craft a new storage cell and input it into a drive and you have a sentient ME network, self-aware, conscious of its surroundings and capable of learning.

Fear Colin, for Colin is mighty.

Reactions: casilleroatr

null123

Mar 27, 2014
So what you effectively want is a system that will

- Autocraft blank patterns for AE (trivial)
- Input them into a pattern encoder (trivial, but remember it needs to do it a stack at a time)
- Take recipes from NEI and the corresponding items from your storage (I have no idea how this would be done)
- Encode the recipe (I think this is doable)
- Remove the pattern and input it into your MAC? (Simples)

As for crafting once you have the recipes set up, you could have a huge bank of chests with export buses and level emitters, give a redstone signal once to activate the "always craft" bus when your stock of an item falls below a certain level. Oh and an import bus on the other side of the chest.

Problem is you would basically need one setup like that for every item (or at least one for every 8 items if you use a better export bus).

Combine this with automated quarring and ore processing, and a system I dreamed up to autodetect low storage space, craft a new storage cell and input it into a drive and you have a sentient ME network, self-aware, conscious of its surroundings and capable of learning.

Fear Colin, for Colin is mighty.
Automate the automation of that l.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Every automation must have an automater, philosophically we have a problem of the infinite regress of automaters. Logically it therefore follows that at the beginning there must be an unautomated automater, and that automater is Colin.

[/williamlanecraig]
Automate the automation of unautomated automaters. Although, your logic has a flaw.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Every automation must have an automater, philosophically we have a problem of the infinite regress of automaters. Logically it therefore follows that at the beginning there must be an unautomated automater, and that automater is Colin.

[/williamlanecraig]
Every time I hear about Colin on these forums I smile just a bit more. How is that guy anyway?

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Somethings just can't be automated.
Blasphemy! Name One!
images
[DOUBLEPOST=1399464613][/DOUBLEPOST]
Every time I hear about Colin on these forums I smile just a bit more. How is that guy anyway?
Would you mind telling me who.colin is -_-

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Blasphemy! Name One!
images
[DOUBLEPOST=1399464613][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would you mind telling me who.colin is -_-
Reading recipes from NEI and putting that into the pattern encoder. Also, clicking of buttons inside GUIs.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
This gave me an awesome idea. I will setup my MAC in the nether, processing in the End, Auto crafting machines in the Deep Dark, and a single crafting terminal in the Overworld.
Why does Colin the nether, Colin the end, Colin the deep dark sound strangely familiar?

Reactions: Wagon153