Automated Automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Not even sure if possible. Besides, I know nothing about java.
You are using (most likely) a big piece of metal and plastic, that can use a smaller piece of metal to manipulate magnetic fields to store information. That same piece of p/m is capable of communicating with other pieces of p/m on the other side of the earth, or in space. It can simulate a nuclear strike, calculate pi to the 10 trillionth digit, predict future events, using random pieces of information, or whatever the heck you can imagine. You are even using it to simulate a world made of blocks. In that simulation, you can even simulate the simulation you are running it on, or simulate the piece of p/m it is running on. You honestly believe you couldn't have that pile of p/m automatically click/move the mouse in a certain pattern?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
You are using (most likely) a big piece of metal and plastic, that can use a smaller piece of metal to manipulate magnetic fields to store information. That same piece of p/m is capable of communicating with other pieces of p/m on the other side of the earth, or in space. It can simulate a nuclear strike, calculate pi to the 10 trillionth digit, predict future events, using random pieces of information, or whatever the heck you can imagine. You are even using it to simulate a world made of blocks. In that simulation, you can even simulate the simulation you are running it on, or simulate the piece of p/m it is running on. You honestly believe you couldn't have that pile of p/m automatically click/move the mouse in a certain pattern?
I'm talking about limitations of Forge and Java. Sure, computers can do anything. But can Java and Forge? Don't forget, this is a gui we're talking about. It's one thing simulating a player's clicks. It's another simulating a player in a GUI.

Reactions: Padfoote

null123

Mar 27, 2014
I'm talking about limitations of Forge and Java. Sure, computers can do anything. But can Java and Forge? Don't forget, this is a gui we're talking about. It's one thing simulating a player's clicks. It's another simulating a player in a GUI.
Right. You can do anything in a simulation made of blocks. Build anything, destroy anything, simulate the simulation. There are mods that let you interact with real life. You can do pretty much anything (even more so than the limits of computing). You STILL dont think that someone can write a mod to auto move/click the mouse in a certain pattern?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. This is even a challenge IRL. Automated automation is essentially AI. A program which can actively and continuously intake variables and produce an optimized outcome based on holistic algorithms. Developing algorithm(s) to handle every situation that AI might be subject to, is extremely difficult.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
FleshCraft
That is all
We will make an organism that grows infinitely
It automates itself
It enslaves and mutates everything
(Blatant promotion of a mod im helping with)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Noooo... that sounds more like TaintCraft.

So what you want to do is put an advanced golem with all the upgrades (name him Dog!) in charge of your AE system. Also, give him the controls for base defense, the nuclear fusion reactor water supply, your linking books, and a remote to activate the self-destruct mechanism. Then you can sit back and let Dog handle everything for you.
You are sure the malevolent intent in his eyes is just your imagination.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
You can get a turtle to do the same thing... The is a preprogrammed structure, not an AI..

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Release planned soon(TM)
Looked at the thread...
images

But also...
images

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've been looking for an app that can automate playing the entire game for me so I don't have to spend all my free time sitting in front of this computer. :D