Automated Automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So long as we're being a bit meta, I automated a farm in order to expedite the automation of another farm today.

Forestry multifarm churning out netherwort, which gets fed into my alchemical furnace to supply herba (and a void jar for praecantatio).

Warded jars of herba used for my lamp of growth over my MFR/magical crops farm.

The only manual parts of the whole operation are making the fertiliser for the multifarm (but I backfilled my storage system with about 30000 of it, so it should be fine for the next year or so; and I also need to automate my alumentum production. That's my next task.

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Currently, in my AgS world, I'm automating the process of creating seared bricks, so I can make more smelteries :3
I think that kinda falls under the category you're after?

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Can't computer craft make http request to the wiki yet ? And figure out the crafting recipe and setup from it ?

Charax

Jul 29, 2019
Can turtles request from LP systems or pull from A networks? If so I have a plan.

1) Make a program that reads pastebin codes from a text file and saves them as sequentially numbered programs.

2) make a template for a programme that picks items from an inventory and puts them in slots 1-9 in a crafting grid

3) crowdsource the project, people take the template and adapt it for every vanilla crafting recipe in NEI. Pick the best for each recipe (voting?) and put the pastebin codes for each in the text file

4) computercraft computer runs program, pushes recipes to turtle, turtle pulls from inventory and inserts pattern in encoder, encoded pattern gets imported into AE system

5)Autohotkey script to press encode button?

6)external program /script to automate stage 2?

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Currently, in my AgS world, I'm automating the process of creating seared bricks, so I can make more smelteries :3
I think that kinda falls under the category you're after?
OMG, THE ULTIMATE AI!!!
HTF DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
:p
In all seriousness, what I mean is automation the automation of things. And then prefferably going to automate the automation of THAT.