August News

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
So there is talk about Thaumcraft and twilight forest either being Made and Ported, or someone else picked up the code. Anyone else actually excited about that but me? Witchery got picked up by a 3rd party as well
According to @McJty Anazor decided to pick Thaumcraft up again.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
That isn't rude, it's practical. If a mod is not available for the currently active version that packs are being made for, the only option is to play old packs. As much as you might want your favourite mod in the latest pack, if it's not available it just isn't going to happen.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That isn't rude, it's practical. If a mod is not available for the currently active version that packs are being made for, the only option is to play old packs. As much as you might want your favourite mod in the latest pack, if it's not available it just isn't going to happen.

I respectfully disagree, Quetzi... There are options. Some of them may not be required in individual cases but all apply:

1) Learn how to program using Java
2) Get the permission of the mod's previous maintainer/creator to take over development
3) Study the current version of both the mod and Forge intimately until you know them better than your own name
4) My process: Update the code to work with the new version of Forge, to get something working
5) Devote every spare moment (to the exclusion of friends and family) developing 'improvements' and modifications to the mod
6) Ignore all comments from deadbeat players who contribute nothing but complaints, demands for an ETA, etc.

When the next version of Minecraft appears repeat steps 3, 4, 5, & 6... -or- Decide you've had enough of working for nothing except a microscopic portion of gratitude from a few, and quit. :D

Last edited:
D

DoubleDeuce101

wow what a novel idea its almost like i dont already do that

play old packs i mean

like seriously if i like the older mods then i play the older packs it doesnt take a genius to figure this stuff out and frankly i think you might be insulting my intelligence? idk you probably didnt mean to but yeah that was kinda rude

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
You basically said, if this new pack doesn't have (mod that isn't available) in it, then it can't say it includes magic. What kind of response were you expecting?

D

DoubleDeuce101

first off have you by chance heard of this little thing called hyperbole
secondly i was more going the route of "if it doesnt have thaumcraft or witchery i probably just wont bother"
and if im not going to bother playing it obviously im just going to play older packs like i already do and not talk about the new pack ever
because thats my opinion and my opinion doesnt change what is true and vice versa
aka you think that just because i dont like something also means i think it isnt good and that just straight up isnt true
honestly its probably going to be an awesome pack regardless of whether or not it has witchery or thaumcraft in it but if it doesnt i have every right to say "imma just play infinity instead"

also hey lets talk about the fact that i was expressing my excitement for thaumcraft and witchery being worked on again because theyre really great mods
but you had to go and immediately assume that i was being negative and dissing any and every modpack that didnt have them which is of course incredibly shallow of you

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
A couple of points.

1. This isn't a chat box, it's a forum. Complete your thoughts before posting, there is absolutely no need to make multiple posts while responding to a single post.
2. If you feel like you need to attack anyone that responds to your posts in a way that you don't agree with then you should probably step away from the PC for a while and take a bit of a breather. Although, I'll grant you that you may have been misled by other posters into thinking you were being attacked when you weren't in this case.

Now, let's get this thread back on track (although there'll be a new news post soon in any case)

Rebmes

Jul 29, 2019
I also am excited that Azanor has found some time to work on Thaumcraft a bit! Hoping it makes it to the next big pack :D

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
If you'd like to play old mods, you might find you're better served playing old packs.
Lets be honest then. Unleashed, Crackpack, Monster, and Infinity(And Evolved Expert) were probably the best packs out there, in terms of modded fun. Infinity Was great, and Evolved made bees fun as hell.

Edit: I don't know about you guys. But Ars was probably the best Magic Mod out there besides Blood Magic >:D

M

Migmag789

Ultimate and Regrowth too.

And Project Ozone 2. And Horizons. And Daybreaker. And many others. Horizons Daybreaker is a very cool modpack because that's very different than other packs.

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
I think I actually started an argument on this forum lol. Sorry about that. I usually ask for an ETA, and if one is not served. Then I don't bother for a little while. I usually hold off for a week or 2, before asking again. But I have only ever asked 3 times for an ETA on the next pack. I know it's under Dev control now, and they are showcasing the new Horizons pack on streams. I haven't bothered to check. But, because it is being showcased. I know we can probably expect it by the end of the year as a minimum.

On a totally unrelated note: Quetzi, Director of IT? I wanna know more about that line.

M

Migmag789

Hey FTB Team tells us regularly
Says he's got a glint in his eye
but we've yet to see, guess he's too busy
Promised long ago, just don't deny
Yes I know it's tough, but we've had enough
Where's the october newsletter ?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Actually the thread is for news. All other post should be posted in a more appropriate Forum. Also The news will be out when the person that post it gets time and energy to post it. Harping about is bad form bro.. And I will point out one more time that FTB team has no control over mod devs and if you want their mods update and included it will be more productive to do so on their personal mod's threads.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the thread is for news. All other post should be posted in a more appropriate Forum. Also The news will be out when the person that post it gets time and energy to post it. Harping about is bad form bro.. And I will point out one more time that FTB team has no control over mod devs and if you want their mods update and included it will be more productive to do so on their personal mod's threads.
Lets be honest. We all want a new TerraFirma pack. Lets go harp on them for a while and see if they'll add villagers to their mod ;) just kidding. Anyways, you gained a sub. Happy 245 :)

darkmessup

Jul 29, 2019
i set this pack up on my server, and for some reason every time i go past inventory page 9 on creative the game crashes