Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
It answers your question perfectly, IF you know what armour is classed as what :p
Let's make it easier...
If the mobs are only wearing vanilla armour a rapier that has the same damage output as a cutlass (for example) will do more damage to the mob, as it bypasses the armour. However, some modded armour can be this special armour, although, I can't recall any special armour worn by mobs, and if it is worn, then both swords would be just as effective, however your "bonus" probably makes the other sword (not the rapier) better. As the rapier's bonus is that it bypasses armour, while other swords do other things, e.g. the cleaver increases the chance that a mob drops a head when killed.
I know what you're saying. What I'm saying is that rapiers used to bypass ALL protection offered by vanilla armour. I've been lead to believe that they now only bypass a portion of that protection (e.g. diamond armour gives 80% damage resistance. Does the rapier ignore all 80% of this damage resistance, or only a portion of it (so it only offers say 60% resistance))?

I'm fairly sure this is now the case, since I case across a gold armoured zombie a minute ago and the rapier left it with half a heart, rather than killing it outright as it used to. I'm not sure though, it could have been a special zombie with extra health.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I know what you're saying. What I'm saying is that rapiers used to bypass ALL protection offered by vanilla armour. I've been lead to believe that they now only bypass a portion of that protection (e.g. diamond armour gives 80% damage resistance. Does the rapier ignore all 80% of this damage resistance, or only a portion of it (so it only offers say 60% resistance))?

I'm fairly sure this is now the case, since I case across a gold armoured zombie a minute ago and the rapier left it with half a heart, rather than killing it outright as it used to. I'm not sure though, it could have been a special zombie with extra health.
I dunno then :/ I haven't seen any changes with the rapier, but I don't use them that often :p

timtwins

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having performance issues with ftb infinity. I have a comp that is i7 with 8 gigs of ram. Are there any general things I can do to improve its performance? I already lowered rendering and made graphics fast.

Also, how do I add optifine to my ftb infinity. I didn't see it in the listing and on browsing the internet this was one of the responses to increasing performance.

Last edited:

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Botania Noob is me.

Is there something I'm missing? I have all the ingredients floating around the altar and it has enough mana to be shooting off lightning, but I'm not getting the final product.

{ETA} Figured it out, helps to actually RTFM. {/ETA}

1Grnbbk.png

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Botania Noob is me.

Is there something I'm missing? I have all the ingredients floating around the altar and it has enough mana to be shooting off lightning, but I'm not getting the final product.

1Grnbbk.png
Throw a piece of livingrock on there.

Reactions: Beeze23

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the wrong thread but is it a known bug that steves factory manager block gates dont recognize stone? my botania stone->livingrock programm just refuses to work corectly always keeps placing stone down ;< (if i change stone to wood everything works perfect!).
It's on Infinity 1.2.0 (1.2.1 has no update for SFM so no point trying to update just for that yet^^)

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the wrong thread but is it a known bug that steves factory manager block gates dont recognize stone? my botania stone->livingrock programm just refuses to work corectly always keeps placing stone down ;< (if i change stone to wood everything works perfect!).
It's on Infinity 1.2.0 (1.2.1 has no update for SFM so no point trying to update just for that yet^^)
The Block gate detects what would drop if you break it. When you break stone, you get cobble, so it detects as if it was cobble.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
ok that's new to me but thanks for the quick answer;P (i know it worked with setting it to stone on the dw20 1.0.3 pack and i ahve also seen lot's of example programs that used stone)
Will test it right away.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm pretty sure Dire had to set it to cobble (I think he actually set both) and made a point of mentioning it during a video.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
I've already asked this questions on other forums so I'll just post the link to the Factorization thread on MCF.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-8-88-8-8888-the-update-that-ate?comment=2705

What am I doing wrong here? I'm playing Infinity 1.7.10 and using the most recent version of Factorization (version 0.8.88.8.8888h).

I am pretty sure you also need to change something in config->cofh->world->FTB-Infinity-Ores.json.
afaik that one overwrites all the other ore spawns to not have multiple ores from different mods ;x.
p.s: i am not a 100% sure as i have never added a mod with world gen myself...