Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
How can I get to the next level? I'm only ten trophies away!!!

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: loboca

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Or something like Agrarian Skies, where you need to get octuple-compressed everything to win
Only one quest for that and level 8 mysterious magnet. Me4 has 3 things that are like that to make torcherino but its cobble easy something not to bad And cookies. 43 MILLION COOKIES. Never since I started playing minecraft did I ever go I wanna make 43 million cookies.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think theres anything like drones anywhere. Buildcraft has new robots which I have never seen in action.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think theres anything like drones anywhere. Buildcraft has new robots which I have never seen in action.
I saw them, but I thought they were for machines (like the quarry)
There's ComputerCraft, but that isn't as easy to program, unless you know LUA

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
outputting a redstone signal. So it would be like previous output was 5 redstone pulses then this output must be 5 +1 then 6+1 etc.
I think something like
Code:
while true do

local iPulses = 1;

for i = 1, iPulses do

rs.setOutput("back", true);
        sleep(0.5);
        rs.setOutput("back", false);

iPulses = iPulses + 1;
    end

sleep(2);
end

should do it, but I haven't tested.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I think something like
Code:
while true do

local iPulses = 1;

for i = 1, iPulses do

rs.setOutput("back", true);
        sleep(0.5);
        rs.setOutput("back", false);

iPulses = iPulses + 1;
    end

sleep(2);
end

should do it, but I haven't tested.

Thank you. I'll try it out.

So 3 more questions for everyone (not just person I'm replying to).
1. Is there a page or google doc showing the differences between FTB infinity and the DW20 pack?

2. Is there a mod that looks at random blocks in your mod list then randomly adds them to say a chest? I want higher tier rewards for going exploring since I never really do it and I don't want to go through and add each item manually.

3. Why isn't mekanism included in more packs?

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Progression-wise? I don't know of any that are more time-consuming than InfiTech2. Be advised that's a GT pack with content minetweaked around GT.

Thanks, I've already downloaded it, I played it yesterday like 4 hours and still havent my first iron pickaxe..
I have like 10 millon questions now, cause there isnt any quest guide, or a guide book, or anything and Im probably doing a lot of things wrong..
First of all It seems like I have to search for generated caves in order to find ores,
Cause I've mined in a 3x3 for a while and found nothing, am right? or its just bad luck?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if InfiTech2 changed default GT ore spawn, but default GT5 ore spawn may be easiest to describe in that ores spawn in large veins. So I think I read somewhere that a way to search for veins is to find the center of a chunk, then dig a 1x1 (not straight down under you , obviously) hole til you find the vein in that chunk. Then once you find a vein, you move x number of blocks/chunks in a direction and find the next vein. But my memory may be outdated.

It doesn't sound like it does the modded ore generation that the Ressurection pack does, which is much more friendlier than hardcore GT.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks, I've already downloaded it, I played it yesterday like 4 hours and still havent my first iron pickaxe..
I have like 10 millon questions now, cause there isnt any quest guide, or a guide book, or anything and Im probably doing a lot of things wrong..
First of all It seems like I have to search for generated caves in order to find ores,
Cause I've mined in a 3x3 for a while and found nothing, am right? or its just bad luck?
loboca covers this well. Ores are now located in (absolutely gigantic) ore veins. Your old branch-mining skills are going to be less useful. To branchmine, you want your branches like 3 chunks apart. Once you find something though, you'll be set in that resource for a while.

There's also an infitech2 thread in the third party section, its extremely active and you can learn tons there :)

Reactions: loboca

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
There's also an infitech2 thread in the third party section, its extremely active and you can learn tons there :)

Thanks I've found your dairys, I think thats gonna help me a lot, Im really lost about how to make an iron pick,
I cant even make bread without using thousand tools.. This seems to complicated and funny, mostly complicated but still funny lol

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks I've found your dairys, I think thats gonna help me a lot, Im really lost about how to make an iron pick,
I cant even make bread without using thousand tools.. This seems to complicated and funny, mostly complicated but still funny lol
lol, the learning curve for GT is steep for the first few days, but man, each obstacle you overcome makes you feel like a hero :)

To make an iron pick, you want to make a pickaxe head out of iron, and then combine that with a stick.

I believe a pickaxe head (of almost any material) is 1 plate and 2 ingots, with a chisel and a hammer.

The chisel itself also requires plates.

Therefore the FIRST thing you'll need to make if I recall correctly is that hammer, which will be 6 ingots (of almost any material) and a stick.

NEI is a bit tricky with GT tools because they're handled differently. You won't find, say, a specific "tungstensteel pickaxe" in the NEI list. But when you click on the GT pickaxe tool in NEI you'll see it has hundreds of recipes, each one representing a different material you can make it out of.