Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

O13SC3N3

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway to specify an area for Spawn Protection? I moved the players spawn point to another location, and can not seem to get the area protected

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Anyway to specify an area for Spawn Protection? I moved the players spawn point to another location, and can not seem to get the area protected
WorldGuard somes to mind, but I don't know if that's still a thing. Last time I used it was on a Bukkit server before I really got into modded Minecraft, so probably not much later than MC 1.2.5.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Someone want to tell me if forge did remove coremod support? Remember how couldn't load my pack? When i removed everything that would error like this: The coremod aroma1997.core.coremod.CoreMod does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft. It would load just fine.

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
In the new Infinity modpack is there anything to detect if a player is online? I remember in the old Ultimate the Online player detector from TubeStuff but it's not anymore in the mod list.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
In the new Infinity modpack is there anything to detect if a player is online? I remember in the old Ultimate the Online player detector from TubeStuff but it's not anymore in the mod list.
I think Draconic Evolution has a player detctor, along with an advanced one. I've not actually used this mod a huge amount (but my Infinity partner seems to have taken a shine to it), so i'm not sure which would be needed, or even if they can do what you are looking for.

Reactions: Maxiride

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
I think Draconic Evolution has a player detctor, along with an advanced one. I've not actually used this mod a huge amount (but my Infinity partner seems to have taken a shine to it), so i'm not sure which would be needed, or even if they can do what you are looking for.
I'll look further, thanks

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
Many of the mods used on Forgecraft2 are experimental/alpha versions and not available to the public yet. Having said that, I experimented yesterday by adding Iguana Tinker Tweaks (downloaded from Curse Forge -- Accept no substitutes!) to Infinity, and haven't found any bugs yet other than my habit of starting with TiCo wooden tools :rolleyes:

I like the tool usage advancement... It really adds a lot to the game, and I'm not wasting resources on the tools.

Today I'm going to try adding Iguana's to the DW20 pack, although I have to upgrade TConstruct first (I tried yesterday).

Yeah I looked into that and a lot of the mod's alpha are available or they don't have any major updates. E.g. The update for tinkers bows is there.

I mainly just want A detailed list of mods and configure changes if that is possible. :)

Thanks!

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I really liked the new forgecraft 2 modpack. i know that there is no public release. but wanted to make a pack just like the forgecraft 2 one. I watched direwolf's first episode for the new forgecraft 2 season where he lists all the mods, but i was hoping is someone could give me an exact list of the mods including tiny tweak mods and config or ore gen changes if any.

Thanks in advance :)
not sure if you have been answered or not. But here you go http://pastebin.com/KhDkc2JL

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
That is the most normal coremod "error" in history. As long as you are using the correct Aroma1997Core version for your MC version, it won't cause any problems. It's just FML complaining.

Well I'm not even using aroma. I took out like 5 or 6 mods that errord like that and it worked. Don't know if one is causing it or if all are yet

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
Are you supposed to be able to add certus quartz to Tinkers' tools and still get sharpness?
My friend added some... or like 9 modifiers worth of sharpness to his scythe and now he's got -9 modifiers lol.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Are you supposed to be able to add certus quartz to Tinkers' tools and still get sharpness?
My friend added some... or like 9 modifiers worth of sharpness to his scythe and now he's got -9 modifiers lol.

I don't know if what you mention is intended, but doesn't your friend use AE2? :D

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Not in the modlist at all... I use it in a different instance but that shouldn't matter

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, old-timer here who hasn't posted since FTB Ultimate was still a thing. After finally getting Infinity to work, I'm now debating over whether to go with Infinity or Resurrection.

I was supporting Gregtech until the changes to circuit-making and the fallout with Mdiyo, after which point I decided to stop supporting it. It seems to have gone along this path and ended up as a vaguely Terrafirmacraft-style overhaul, except tech-based. That is, in the days of Ultimate, its place was more of a unifying/balancing glue, whereas now it's a unifying/difficulty overhaul. More importantly, it seems the community's accepted this path, leading to it being a bit of a less divisive mod. (Note: It seems to have found its new place now, so I'm supporting it now again.)

My question pretty much boils down to which pack people recommend I go with.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, old-timer here who hasn't posted since FTB Ultimate was still a thing. After finally getting Infinity to work, I'm now debating over whether to go with Infinity or Resurrection.

I was supporting Gregtech until the changes to circuit-making and the fallout with Mdiyo, after which point I decided to stop supporting it. It seems to have gone along this path and ended up as a vaguely Terrafirmacraft-style overhaul, except tech-based. That is, in the days of Ultimate, its place was more of a unifying/balancing glue, whereas now it's a unifying/difficulty overhaul. More importantly, it seems the community's accepted this path, leading to it being a bit of a less divisive mod. (Note: It seems to have found its new place now, so I'm supporting it now again.)

Word on the block is resurrection is not going to be updated much because of Gregtech 6 and resurrection uses 5

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

If you prefer GT to be a little less invasive you could wait for TPPI2 to come out or try the original TPPI pack until then. It throttles it back a bit(doesn't neuter it, just makes it able to exist better with other mods) and balances it with other mods in the pack(based on the TPPI1 experience) giving a more all-round modpack experience.

For example the original pack decreased the difficulty of GT slightly while increased difficulty of other mods here and there to make sure you are not handicapping yourself by choosing the GT path. And almost everything have been oredict'ed etc. so crafting, ore processing etc. can be mixed and matched between mods as you like.

If you specifically want the hardmode GT experience, I think you should look for a pack specifically designed for that instead. Heard things about Infinitech, but not tried it myself.

Last edited:

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Random BoP question. Anyone know the perfect way to fix configs to make it so I can find a darn ocean? Or am I just having bad luck? Ive disabled a few biomes, changed some biome weights. And while I dont want a ocean only world, Id like to atleast find an ocean. Ive just been checking my spawns and in 20 worlds Ive just had plains and stuff. Its been kinda irking me so Im checking configs to see if there is a way to make oceans atleast spawn maybe slightly more.