Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
This is incorrect as I just tested it with my friend in 1.7.10 infinity pack and he can take stuff from my ender chest which is locked and when he changes the frequency of retains my lock I think you are thinking of the vanilla ender chest.
Can I see proof or something? What do you mean by "locked"? Also, this is a complete run-on sentence, so I'm not even sure what you're trying to say.
Actually that's not how it works at all. The best explanation I've read about the locking mechanism is that it adds the name of the player who locks it as sort of a fourth "color". Other players can still interact normally with the chest, open it and take stuff, pick the chest up (it will even show the name of the owner in its tooltip), and, as I have learned in the meantime, change the channel without it losing it's player lock.
Changing channels is easy to automate using computercraft, I've seen setups that can cycle through all 4096 possible channels in mere minutes. I don't necessarily want to post this here but if you look for it you will find it. With all of this in mind, I shall now consider all my ender chests compromised, and switch my base entirely to tesseracts. Also, complain at chickenbones with a demand for change.
From chicken_bones' page: "As of 1.2, Using a diamond on the latch of an Ender Chest will move it to a seperate network for the player that used the diamond. This allows each player to have access to all 4096 frequencies without conflicting in SMP."

I've tried myself to access somebody else's ender chest before, but after I had applied a diamond to an ender chest, even with the other person's cooperation, there was no way I could access the other person's now-private ender inventory.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If you are looking for packs with little lag I say use FTB lite 2 and add whatever mods you would like to use

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

I'd agree strongly with this; my PC is also pretty low performing, and FTB Lite 2 made a great base to customise by adding further mods - you can add in quite a bit and still get good performance (based on my entirely subjective and limited experience!).

- GwnG

Reactions: pc_assassin

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
If it's been diamond locked, that means that when a player opens it, they will only see their frequency of that color. Like: if I had a white-blue-orange ender chest with 64 cobble in it, then applied a diamond, when I next opened it up I would see my private inventory for that color combination. However, anyone else that has a white-blue-orange ender chest without a diamond applied can access my 64 cobble. Basically the diamond means that, instead of connecting to the public spectrum of color codes, this chest now connects to a player's private spectrum.

TL;DR: If you put diamonds on your ender chests, don't worry. There's no way anybody else can access that stuff without being you.
Actually that's not really how it works. Each "spectrum" has 4096 frequencies, when you make an Ender chest, it'll be part of the public spectrum by default. As soon as you apply a diamond to the chest, you create a new spectrum named <your username> with an entirely new 4096 frequencies. While it's true that only you can create new chests linked to that spectrum, others can change the frequency of an existing chest. All they'll be changing is that - the frequency.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Actually that's not really how it works. Each "spectrum" has 4096 frequencies, when you make an Ender chest, it'll be part of the public spectrum by default. As soon as you apply a diamond to the chest, you create a new spectrum named <your username> with an entirely new 4096 frequencies. While it's true that only you can create new chests linked to that spectrum, others can change the frequency of an existing chest. All they'll be changing is that - the frequency.
Did I say something contrary to that...? o_O

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Did I say something contrary to that...? o_O
You seem to think that the diamond inventories themselves are player-bound, when all it does is create a new set of 4096 frequencies. Anyone can access any inventory once it's bound to a frequency within *any* spectrum, independently of who bound it in the first place. The only thing that is restricted is the act of binding itself.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Guess Ill ask here too. Anyone know of the fix for Twilight Forest biomes appearing in the overworld? using Infinity. I know I had this problem months ago but I quit minecraft and only restarted cause of the new FTB pack but now the problem is back and I have a thornlands in my overworld which Im 90% certain isnt a BoP biome.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Edit configs in twilight forest for biomes to something like 200 to 217 I think and you won't have any conflicts but anything already generated will still be there. Unless you start new world with new configs. No new gererated terrain will have any twilight forest. I had same thing happen to me and just changed configs and started a new world luckily I only had stone tools so wasn't big deal for me.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Edit configs in twilight forest for biomes to something like 200 to 217 I think and you won't have any conflicts but anything already generated will still be there. Unless you start new world with new configs. No new gererated terrain will have any twilight forest. I had same thing happen to me and just changed configs and started a new world luckily I only had stone tools so wasn't big deal for me.

Thats all I needed. And yeah. I was just spawning a few worlds to try and find a cold biome to spawn in cause I like snow and ended up finding all the TF stuff. Thanks.

Edit: Interesting. The biomes are already 200 to 218. And checking against the BoP config I see no conflicts.

So I have no idea why I have a thornlands in my overworld.

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
I really liked the new forgecraft 2 modpack. i know that there is no public release. but wanted to make a pack just like the forgecraft 2 one. I watched direwolf's first episode for the new forgecraft 2 season where he lists all the mods, but i was hoping is someone could give me an exact list of the mods including tiny tweak mods and config or ore gen changes if any.

Thanks in advance :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Anyone know why my FTB infinity sever isnt working, everytime i click the serverstart file i get http://gyazo.com/61d1c095dbd1e36dbeaaa962b9a5d491

Apparently you have a 32-bit version of Java installed on the server... It can't handle the amount of ram needed for Infinity, since the 32-bit version is written around the addressable ram limitations of 32-bit hardware.

Remove it, or if you don't control the server have someone who does, and replace it with the 64-bit version.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I really liked the new forgecraft 2 modpack. i know that there is no public release. but wanted to make a pack just like the forgecraft 2 one. I watched direwolf's first episode for the new forgecraft 2 season where he lists all the mods, but i was hoping is someone could give me an exact list of the mods including tiny tweak mods and config or ore gen changes if any.

Thanks in advance :)

Many of the mods used on Forgecraft2 are experimental/alpha versions and not available to the public yet. Having said that, I experimented yesterday by adding Iguana Tinker Tweaks (downloaded from Curse Forge -- Accept no substitutes!) to Infinity, and haven't found any bugs yet other than my habit of starting with TiCo wooden tools :rolleyes:

I like the tool usage advancement... It really adds a lot to the game, and I'm not wasting resources on the tools.

Today I'm going to try adding Iguana's to the DW20 pack, although I have to upgrade TConstruct first (I tried yesterday).