Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tom Hammond

Jul 29, 2019
Can you turn of death locators. My world is full of them its cluttering up the world.

Any repsonce would be greatly appreciated

Tom Hammond

Jul 29, 2019
Its not just in the mini map its in the world aswell!

Attachments

• FTB PIC.png
    FTB PIC.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 64

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Its not just in the mini map its in the world aswell!
Looks like JourneyMap. You should see a configs button once you open the map menu by pressing... "J", I think? If you just want to delete the markers you already have, there's a button for map markers as well.

I'm not very familiar with JourneyMap, I generally use Mapwriter

Tom Hammond

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like JourneyMap. You should see a configs button once you open the map menu by pressing... "J", I think? If you just want to delete the markers you already have, there's a button for map markers as well.

I'm not very familiar with JourneyMap, I jenerally use Mapwriter
Your a life saver THANK YOU!!!!! Top guy!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there any way to make Logistic Pipes toggle depending to Redstone signals?

I am trying to make a Provider Logistic Pipe only work when I supply a Redstone signal, but cannot really figure out how or if it is even possible.

NVM: BC gates ofc :p
EDIT: You will need Iron grade Gates or above. The basic one does not have the "disable pipe" option.

Last edited:

LoverIan

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any plans to give minimum estimated system requirements for certain modpacks?

Are there any simple ways to speed up or streamline a modpakc and game? I'm using Direwolf20, and I'm mostly a magic fan, but I like the automation option. Running with 4gb ram here, and it's not exactly easy for me to play.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any plans to give minimum estimated system requirements for certain modpacks?

Are there any simple ways to speed up or streamline a modpakc and game? I'm using Direwolf20, and I'm mostly a magic fan, but I like the automation option. Running with 4gb ram here, and it's not exactly easy for me to play.
DW20 has been known for performance issues. I really recommend you build your own pack so that you can have the mods you want while testing carefully what your computer can handle.

As for straightforward ways of increasing performance, what comes to mind are fastcraft - make sure to always use the latest version -, FPSplus and OptiFine. Optifine is a bit of a hit-and-miss. Sometimes it drastically increases performance, sometimes it can even make it worse - I recommend testing it.

As for minimum system requirements, there isn't really any good way to do that. Specially for a gropus like FTB, which doesn't have access to a lot of testing hardware for comparison. Keep in mind that the most important things for running MC, specially modded, are in decresing order: CPU, Disk I/O Speed, RAM, Graphics card.

LoverIan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah forgot about that. I've been tinkering with the modpack and removing things as convenient, but I'm mostly trying to think of what else I can just throw out the window. As long as I have a flexible way to use automation when it's relevant to my play, and I'm not having a frozen minecraft every other minute, I'm good.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is something that causes complete blindness? Like maybe a potion effect or something? IIRC blindness still let's you see but not very far

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is something that causes complete blindness? Like maybe a potion effect or something? IIRC blindness still let's you see but not very far

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
Complete and total power outage will cause blindness in the game or of the game. Though I think the closest you can get is still like 2 block view distance which makes things really hard.

Firestorm515

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to add Metallurgy to the Infinity 1.7 modpack. No matter what version of Metallurgy I add, it crashes at startup with the message

"Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
The mods and versions listed below could not be found
"MatallurgyCore : [4.0.3,]"

I can't find any downloadable files named "MetallurgyCore" (as I understand it, that should be included already). Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!