Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lithin6969

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO fluid conduits, BuildCraft waterproof pipes, Thermal Expansion tesseracts, EnderIO Dimensional Transceivers, RotaryCraft fluid pipes, just place the grinder and enchanter right next to each other, or one of a few more things that I've forgotten. Take your pick. BC pipes are probably cheapest if you have cacti or beeswax handy (note that you don't need a wooden pipe- the grinder will push essence into stone or gold pipes automatically), but EnderIO conduits are much faster and easier to work with, especially if you're also using EnderIO item or energy conduits.

That all sounds great, tried all those but for some reason the minefactory reloaded auto enchanter ain't excepting the essence.

BeastUnchaind

Jul 29, 2019
bios: 366: [string "Lab"] :28: 'end' expected (to close 'while' at line 1)

while true do
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1.1)

print("Lab Interface")
print("Door Open")
print("Door Closed")
print("Ceiling Lights")
print("4 Wall Lights")
print("Q Quit")

input = io.read()

if input == "1" then
rs.setOutput("back",false)
elseif input == "2" then
rs.setOutput("back",true)
elseif input == "3" then
rs.setOutput("left",true)
elseif input == "4" then
rs.setOutput("left",false)
elseif input == "Q" then
break
else
print("Invalid Entry")
end

I don't understand what I'm messing up

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

while true do
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1.1)

print("Lab Interface")
print("Door Open")
print("Door Closed")
print("Ceiling Lights")
print("4 Wall Lights")
print("Q Quit")

input = io.read()

if input == "1" then
elseif input == "2" then
elseif input == "3" then
elseif input == "4" then
elseif input == "Q" then
break
else
print("Invalid Entry")
end

Like Phil said, you are missing an end.
Next time pls copy us the entire code as it is and put it in a code [CODE][/CODE](You can also find it as a shortcut under the insert button when writing replies). Your error list the problem in line 28 but your code was only 26 lines long :p This time it was easy enough, but it can be hell in more complex pieces of code.

BeastUnchaind

Jul 29, 2019
Appreciate the help, but the thing is I copied the entire code word for word including spaces and space between lines. I'm not understanding where to put the second end.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Appreciate the help, but the thing is I copied the entire code word for word including spaces and space between lines. I'm not understanding where to put the second end.
Code:
while true do

term.clear()
   term.setCursorPos(1.1)

print("Lab Interface")
   print("Door Open")
   print("Door Closed")
   print("Ceiling Lights")
   print("4 Wall Lights")
   print("Q Quit")

input = io.read()

if input == "1" then
   elseif input == "2" then
   elseif input == "3" then
   elseif input == "4" then
   elseif input == "Q" then
      break
   else
      print("Invalid Entry")
   end

end <-Here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

while true do
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1.1)

print("Lab Interface")
print("Door Open")
print("Door Closed")
print("Ceiling Lights")
print("4 Wall Lights")
print("Q Quit")

input = io.read()

if input == "1" then
elseif input == "2" then
elseif input == "3" then
elseif input == "4" then
elseif input == "Q" then
break
else
print("Invalid Entry")
end

Also, please indent all the code within loops, if statements, and whatnot, just as rhn did above. Not only does that help anyone you show the code to understand what's going on, it makes it much easier for you to see when you've left out an "end" or something.

Reactions: rhn

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
It depends how you use your altar, if you have a WoS, and just use it to keep your orb filled:
Sacrifice runes, rune of the orb, rune of augment capacity (the better one, I believe there are 2 types)... And split them 1/3 each
If you also use it for crafting:
same as before but with speed runes, 10% speed runes, and then split the rest between the other 3

Or at least that is how I do it :p

Sorry if this has been mentioned (this is a very active site and I'm catching up on the conversation(s))
The "lesser" capacity runes are better to use up to about 18 (from memory) but if your placing 19 or more use the "better" ones

edit - just checked the numbers are 14 or less Augmented is best - 15 or more Superior is best. Augmented adds 2000 per - Superior adds 10%, at 14 Augmented is 25 ahead but at 15 Superior is 1772.5 ahead

Last edited:

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly does one figure out how to go about crafting the vehicles from Flan's Mod? I can't find any source of documentation.

The pack I've got fails to list certain blocks in NEI (eg the Vehicle Crafting Table), so after figuring out that I even needed such a thing and opening it, it shows me vehicles, collections of parts... but no names for those parts.

By matching the icons to the sprites NEI shows me, I can craft most of what's needed for a "Cobra" helicopter. Except the minigun. NEI doesn't give me a recipe for that, and I can't find one online anywhere.

I get that the mod doesn't add the stuff I'm trying to make - that's all supplied by separate content packs - but where exactly am I supposed to be looking for the "how do?" notes?

Edit:

I'm certainly hoping this isn't how you're "supposed" to do it, but for now this is my solution:

Open the mod-pack's folder, and check the "flan" folder there. Take your best guess as to which jar file contains the item you want to craft, then open it in WinRar or something.

Look in the "armorBoxes" folder (or "boxes" if you want guns), and you'll see some text files. Open these and read 'em.

Each file describes a "box" you need to craft, and all the items that box allows you to craft. If the item you want to make is on the list, great! If not, keep looking until you discover the right box.

When you have the correct box, plug its name into NEI and hope that it shows up. If it doesn't, you can probably still craft it, but you'll need to do some web searches against the box name to figure out the recipe.

Note that the vehicle box is needed to make transport of most any kind (mechs, cars, planes, whatever). Three wooden bowls placed in a line above six iron ingots. This box doesn't show up in NEI for me at all, even though it's assembled at a standard crafting bench.

Finally, place the box into the world and use it as a crafting table. It'll show you the recipes for everything it can make. Won't show the names of the parts, mind - it just shows you the icons (typing "flans" into the NEI search should make it a lot easier to figure out what most of them are). Figure out how to make all of them then come back to the box to assemble.

For example, the minigun requires a Modern Weapons Block as a crafting table. This tells you that you need some iron, some fibreglass, and some redstone. It also lists the components for the ammo, which requires more iron and varying amounts of gunpowder.

If you make a vehicle, when you hop in there'll be a button (probably R) to show its stats and inventory and so on. Use this to stick a "Fuel Can" into it. Again, I'm sure this should be documented somewhere, but I've no idea where...

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly does one figure out how to go about crafting the vehicles from Flan's Mod? I can't find any source of documentation.

The pack I've got fails to list certain blocks in NEI (eg the Vehicle Crafting Table), so after figuring out that I even needed such a thing and opening it, it shows me vehicles, collections of parts... but no names for those parts.

By matching the icons to the sprites NEI shows me, I can craft most of what's needed for a "Cobra" helicopter. Except the minigun. NEI doesn't give me a recipe for that, and I can't find one online anywhere.

I get that the mod doesn't add the stuff I'm trying to make - that's all supplied by separate content packs - but where exactly am I supposed to be looking for the "how do?" notes?

Edit:

I'm certainly hoping this isn't how you're "supposed" to do it, but for now this is my solution:

Open the mod-pack's folder, and check the "flan" folder there. Take your best guess as to which jar file contains the item you want to craft, then open it in WinRar or something.

Look in the "armorBoxes" folder (or "boxes" if you want guns), and you'll see some text files. Open these and read 'em.

Each file describes a "box" you need to craft, and all the items that box allows you to craft. If the item you want to make is on the list, great! If not, keep looking until you discover the right box.

When you have the correct box, plug its name into NEI and hope that it shows up. If it doesn't, you can probably still craft it, but you'll need to do some web searches against the box name to figure out the recipe.

Note that the vehicle box is needed to make transport of most any kind (mechs, cars, planes, whatever). Three wooden bowls placed in a line above six iron ingots. This box doesn't show up in NEI for me at all, even though it's assembled at a standard crafting bench.

Finally, place the box into the world and use it as a crafting table. It'll show you the recipes for everything it can make. Won't show the names of the parts, mind - it just shows you the icons (typing "flans" into the NEI search should make it a lot easier to figure out what most of them are). Figure out how to make all of them then come back to the box to assemble.

For example, the minigun requires a Modern Weapons Block as a crafting table. This tells you that you need some iron, some fibreglass, and some redstone. It also lists the components for the ammo, which requires more iron and varying amounts of gunpowder.

If you make a vehicle, when you hop in there'll be a button (probably R) to show its stats and inventory and so on. Use this to stick a "Fuel Can" into it. Again, I'm sure this should be documented somewhere, but I've no idea where...
Well that's one way of doing it...
For a start the guns on most planes seem to use the best machine gun in that class (e.g. The p-51 mustang uses the browning) however, I don't know why most of the stuff doesn't have NEI recipes, unless everything uses stuff made in the flans mod work tables, they don't have NEI integration, but I would assume on the page for the content pack you are using is a list of all crafting recipes.. Dunno though

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Oi lads. Is there a way to disable bonemeal from being able to grow-boost crops?.

Kthxbai :)
I believe Hunger Overhaul adds options to edit Bone Meal's effectiveness.. I don't think you can DISABLE it, but you can make it so it would take 3000+ bonemeal to increase 1 growth stage, or something like that

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Hunger Overhaul adds options to edit Bone Meal's effectiveness.. I don't think you can DISABLE it, but you can make it so it would take 3000+ bonemeal to increase 1 growth stage, or something like that

Just checked, I only found Difficulty Scaling for bonemeal. :c.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
So our server won't start while using my pack. It works well in sp but not for the server.

C:\Users\\Desktop\test>java -Xms5G -Xmx5G -XXermSize=128 -jar cauldron-1.7
.10-1.1207.01.198-server.jar
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=128; support
was removed in 8.0
Warning: version of ForgeMultipart, 1.1.1.320 is newer than request 1.1.0.309
Warning: version of ForgeMultipart, 1.1.1.320 is newer than request 1.1.0.309
Adding Accesstransformer map: CoFH_at.cfg
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTarge
tException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.j
ava:43)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.
java:12)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/WorldServer
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.world.WorldServer
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLo
ader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/World
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
ader.java:180)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.world.World
ader.java:188)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.tree.MethodInsnNode.<i
nit>(ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
at lumien.randomthings.Transformer.RTClassTransformer.patchWorldClass(RT
ClassTransformer.java:220)
at lumien.randomthings.Transformer.RTClassTransformer.transform(RTClassT
ransformer.java:48)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchC
lassLoader.java:276)
ader.java:174)
... 20 more

C:\Users\\Desktop\test>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I think its a problem with forge (might be using wrong version) but I cannot test this as I only have console access. So if you figure it out i will pass along the info