Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to step down conduit power cable from ender io from high to low end cable without using a capacitor bank? capacitor banks don't seem to request for power from other capacitor banks on the same line in dw1.0.2 so i have to ask... I'm guessing TE energy cell is the only option?

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to step down conduit power cable from ender io from high to low end cable without using a capacitor bank? capacitor banks don't seem to request for power from other capacitor banks on the same line in dw1.0.2 so i have to ask... I'm guessing TE energy cell is the only option?
1.0.2 is kinda lame and buggy, I'd suggest you to update to .3 if playing single :)
I usually place a Thermal expansion Energy Cell to "downgrade" the line, it has an internal buffer and makes you able to control the switch via redstone :)
Have you tried right clicking with a wrench the two cable though? ( don't know, just suggesting )

lordstarfox

Jul 29, 2019
Newest enderIO adds item/power buffers,those are probably exactly what you are looking for.Unfortunately the latest update hasn't made it to DW yet, so you will likely need to wait for 1.0.4 version to get them, unless you are playing on single player server and can update the mod yourself.
Im sure there are other options(that i cant think of atm) though.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
maybe not a simple question. Is it possible to push/pull from the same side of TE machines in 1.7?
No. BUT (I haven't tried this) but you could use blocks that extend the sides of a block (can't remember the names but Thaumic Tinkerer and Refined Relocation have such blocks) and you may be able to put it, lets say below, and it may be able to replicate an input on the left and output on the right (assuming you put the machine like this)
I know this isn't EXACTLY what you wanted, but it would make it so you could maybe use enderIO conduits on the floor, connecting to the extending block thing, and have facades making the floor look normal

Reactions: Padfoote

DemonicShadow

Jul 29, 2019
What is wrong with this code? I get get "bios:338: [string "startup"]:18: ')' expected", although I have the parenthesis in that line.
Code:
    m = peripheral.wrap("right")
    m.setAutoCollect(true)
    local currLevel = 0

function enchantBook()
      turtle.select(1)
      turtle.suck()
      turtle.drop(turtle.getItemCount(1)-1)
      m.enchant(30)
      turtle.drop()
    end

--print(m.getLevels())
    --enchantBook()

while true do
       currLevel = m.getLevels()
       print (Currently Level: "..currLevel)
      if currLevel >=30 then
         enchantBook()
      else
         sleep(10)
      end
    end

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What is wrong with this code? I get get "bios:338: [string "startup"]:18: ')' expected", although I have the parenthesis in that line.
Code:
    m.setAutoCollect(true)
    local currLevel = 0

function enchantBook()
      turtle.select(1)
      turtle.suck()
      m.enchant(30)
      turtle.drop()
    end

--print(m.getLevels())
    --enchantBook()

while true do
      if currLevel >=30 then
         enchantBook()
      else
         sleep(10)
      end
    end
Code:
Is where your issue lies.
I know nothing of LUA, so this is just a guess. But shouldn't it be:
print (Currently Level: "..currLevel")
or
print ("Currently Level: ..currLevel")

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
No. BUT (I haven't tried this) but you could use blocks that extend the sides of a block (can't remember the names but Thaumic Tinkerer and Refined Relocation have such blocks) and you may be able to put it, lets say below, and it may be able to replicate an input on the left and output on the right (assuming you put the machine like this)
I know this isn't EXACTLY what you wanted, but it would make it so you could maybe use enderIO conduits on the floor, connecting to the extending block thing, and have facades making the floor look normal

Transvector Interface is the TT one IIRC.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Code:
    m.setAutoCollect(true)
    local currLevel = 0

function enchantBook()
      turtle.select(1)
      turtle.suck()
      m.enchant(30)
      turtle.drop()
    end

--print(m.getLevels())
    --enchantBook()

while true do
      if currLevel >=30 then
         enchantBook()
      else
         sleep(10)
      end
    end

You're missing a quote on this line:

It needs to be between the '(' and the 'C'

For some reason, probably ease of implementation, most modern languages generate an error on the first "proper" keyword encountered after an error instead of the error itself.

Had this been a BASIC program back in the days of line numbers (caps intended... lower-case was optional then, your console I/O may not have supported lc :D) you would have seen a "missing quote" error.

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm trying to find Big Reactors designs. Specifically I'm interested in highly-efficient active-cooled designs. Anyone know of a thread or website featuring such?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to find Big Reactors designs. Specifically I'm interested in highly-efficient active-cooled designs. Anyone know of a thread or website featuring such?
I thought the 7x7x11 was best? For the passively cooled bit. Dunno about the turbines

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yeah that's the tricky part :p

one theme I'm getting frequently via googling is that "bigger is more efficient if done right." So I'm thinking an 11x11 of some sort. Dunno how tall. I suck at big reactors so bad :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
yeah that's the tricky part :p

one theme I'm getting frequently via googling is that "bigger is more efficient if done right." So I'm thinking an 11x11 of some sort. Dunno how tall. I suck at big reactors so bad :p
Well when I last did turbines I had 2 of them that were 11x11x15, and that produced more power than anyone would ever need

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That will also depend on the power multiplier set in the config file.
Basically this (its a hardcore server, and the only way to fit BR in was to nerf it to all hell)

Also, I have to convert the power to eu, which itself is lossy, so I genuinely want an efficient setup here :)

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
All I'm saying is MORE POWER is always a good thing. So much that the storage units start to electrify the air around them. Lol someone add that to a mod if you keep trying to power a energy storage block the energy is wasted but gives off particle effects like lightning or similar I need this mod.