Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Are Tesseracts channels shared cross server? I though they were individual.. Like If I make a tesseract and someone else does our channels would not show up on each others..

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Are Tesseracts channels shared cross server? I though they were individual.. Like If I make a tesseract and someone else does our channels would not show up on each others..
I believe you can use the Private option to make channels that are not shared among all on the server. By default they are shared yes.

Reactions: L0neGamer

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you can use the Private option to make channels that are not shared among all on the server. By default they are shared yes.
Sounds sort of like the EnderStorage mod, only you don't need to use a diamond to turn it into a private one.
Private tesseracts can probably still be given to friends and connect to the same source, but nobody else would be able to make them since the private code thrown on is personal to you alone.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If they are public frequency tesseracts, yes anyone on the server could use that channel. On Protected, it's only those on your cofh friends list (and yourself) who can even access the tesseract itself or it's frequencies, on Private it's just yourself who can access the tesseract or it's frequencies. In 1.7. you need to add the signallium lock before you can set a tesseract to being non-public.
Sounds sort of like the EnderStorage mod, only you don't need to use a diamond to turn it into a private one.
Private tesseracts can probably still be given to friends and connect to the same source, but nobody else would be able to make them since the private code thrown on is personal to you alone.
In 1.6 yes, but 1.7 needs the signalum lock. Also they kinda inconvient for sharing with friends when on private, as only you would be able to tweak it's settings or even move the tesseract.

I should also note there is a disabled by default config option to allow ops to access private blocks.

GMANIOM

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everybody.

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to tell me how to get Lapito's Galacticraft working again.

I believe I was playing 164. It was working last night when I went to bed. Today it has vanished from the FTB launcher. It is gone from thirdparty.xml. I keep seeing references to it being "moved" and a "pack code" but as a mature noob I have no idea what that might mean.

I have made quite a commitment to the pack so any assistance in restoring it - or a link to a page where the process is explained by a gunnery sergeant - would be most appreciated.

Is it gone for ever? If so I need to grieve then move on

Thanks in anticipation :)
G

RiskyKen

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, well, it wasn't showing in NEI. That is the block that actually makes the armor into... well, armor, and not the former in-world multiblock armor shaper, right?

Ah I think I know what block you are looking for, it was removed a while ago. Just press the P key and place the skins in the slots. This video show the creation from start to finish

The multi block had also been removed btw, it's just a single block now.

Have fun making armour skins :)

Reactions: Eruantien

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I think I know what block you are looking for, it was removed a while ago. Just press the P key and place the skins in the slots. This video show the creation from start to finish

The multi block had also been removed btw, it's just a single block now.

Have fun making armour skins :)
Thanks, that definitely helps. I saw that part about the multiblock being removed, but I could not for the life of me figure out to actually make the armor patterns into actual armor. I'll be sure to check that video out later!

4-HO-DMT

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing around a bit in creative mode using the modpack Direwolf20 1.7.10. Now I'm wondering, for the purpose of mapmaking, how I could spawn in a thaumcraft aura node with specific aspects, as until now I have spent hours on generating random ones.

So my question is:
Is it possible to spawn specific aura nodes in Direwolf20 1.7.10, and if so, how?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to spawn specific aura nodes in Direwolf20 1.7.10, and if so, how?
I think the only possibility would be to use the /setblock command after you find out (e.g. using Minetweaker) which NBT tags you're gonna need for a node

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing around a bit in creative mode using the modpack Direwolf20 1.7.10. Now I'm wondering, for the purpose of mapmaking, how I could spawn in a thaumcraft aura node with specific aspects, as until now I have spent hours on generating random ones.

So my question is:
I think the only possibility would be to use the /setblock command after you find out (e.g. using Minetweaker) which NBT tags you're gonna need for a node

It is possible to specify exactly what aspects an aura node contains, as well as nearly everything else about them, using the In-Game NBTEdit mod. Just... make sure you don't accidentally a value. :)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
That might be kind of a little bit maybe terribad. :p
Are there any adverse effects on the environment or to mobs? And does it always make them larger?
Well the EMP machine destroys monster spawners and certain machines from other mods. But other than that none that I know of. And yes I think they always get larger.
But this machine requires an absolute crapton of power, although only for a small amount of time, but the number of watts is pretty insane.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Actually I'm running on 1.8.0_25 with no problems at all.

Mojang's launcher that is in testing right now automatically and apparently temporarily loads the 1.8.0_25 runtime as well. When the testing is complete the new MC launcher will be fully self-contained... You won't even need to have Java loaded on your system, and Mojang will make sure that any Java updates work before they get pushed with the game.

If you're like me you have the full Java Development Kit (JDK) installed and want to keep it. It shouldn't be touched... Maybe the launcher will detect a good version and bypass the JRE download, or will download the JRE and ignore the current version for the purposes of MC?

As far as Modded MC goes, there was a fix to Forge about a month or so ago to take care of the issue.

https://twitter.com/LexManos/status/543570528548573184

Last edited: