Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that Twilight Forest has bows now. Anyone know where to get them? Are they just random dungeon loot?
They might be boss or mob drops. Personally, I'm trying to find that glass sword, then I'll see if it can be Botania-mossed.

So apparently I can't use enchanting plus to apply enchantments from mods such as FM or TT to tools or swords. They can be applied to books however, so my workaround would be to enchant a bunch of books and then use the Botania mana enchanter to apply the books' enchants to the items themselves. But does anybody have any idea why this is the case?

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
You can either do it in the folders just replacing the files. Or on the launcher you can do "edit pack" and remove the old mods, add the new mods, there.
And yeah. I actually abandoned it ages ago, but I will still help people with their issues on the thread...
I still help people with The 95 Pack, which I haven't touched in 3 months :p

Hmm... looks like I've made a mistake here.

I went to BuildCraft's own download page here, got the 6.1.7 version of BuildCraft (jar file), removed the old 6.0.18 jar file from the Downloads/Machicraft/minecraft/mods folder, pasted the 6.1.7 jar file into the folder, and tried to launch the game.

Result: It closes automatically a few seconds into the startup process.

What did I do wrong?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... looks like I've made a mistake here.

I went to BuildCraft's own download page here, got the 6.1.7 version of BuildCraft (jar file), removed the old 6.0.18 jar file from the Downloads/Machicraft/minecraft/mods folder, pasted the 6.1.7 jar file into the folder, and tried to launch the game.

Result: It closes automatically a few seconds into the startup process.

What did I do wrong?
Buildcraft requires a higher forge version than the pack uses, most likely

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
And what can I do about that? Is there a manual way, or do I have to intensely try to persuade the pack creator to update?
I'd say send the pack creator all the file they need (all the ones you have updated) and then, seeing as you have gone to the trouble of doing that for them, the least they can do is upload it. (assuming you didn't put a mod in that isn't allowed to be distributed)

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say send the pack creator all the file they need (all the ones you have updated) and then, seeing as you have gone to the trouble of doing that for them, the least they can do is upload it. (assuming you didn't put a mod in that isn't allowed to be distributed)
Okay, I'll see what I can find and send you the files later. You know what pack it is.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, what the hell. Playing DW20 1.7.10, what happened to the end? There's no sky, even at the furthest render distance, just static. The ender dragon also seem to have gained the ability to go invisible if it's further than 3 chunks away, also at furthest render distance. Journey maps no help to track it either.

I0MTYne.png

Donut Legend

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to supply water for an actively cooled Big Reactor setup? I tried using fluiducts and they just aren't fast enough to supply my eater need. I tried using ME fluid import buses but have no idea how they work.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to supply water for an actively cooled Big Reactor setup? I tried using fluiducts and they just aren't fast enough to supply my eater need. I tried using ME fluid import buses but have no idea how they work.
You want about 20 aqueous accumulators. With Fluid Import busses on them (so water goes into the ME system), then 1 or 2 Fluid Export busses exporting the maximum amount possible into the Big Reactor :)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way would be a liquid transfer node with a good number of world interaction upgrades (aka mining upgrades). The closer it is to the reactor the better.

To use the fluid import busses you need to have either fluid storage cells or fluid storage busses in your AE system.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you are talking about the actively cooled reactor+turbine, you really want to reuse the water instead of wasting a lot of server/pc resources on constantly creating new. Set the turbine to output the condensed water and feed it back to the reactor.

If you can then build the reactor directly adjacent to the turbine and simply have the fluid ports facing each other: output from reactor->input turbine, output turbine->input reactor. This have limitless bandwidth and quite cheap and easy to set up.

If you cannot build them directly adjacent to each other, then use TE tesseracts to transport the steam/water to/from the reactor/turbines. They also have limitless bandwidth. You will need two channels: one for steam and one for water(minimum 4 tesseracts, 6 for 2 turbines and so on).

Once you have set up one of the above solutions you simply need some meager supply of water to get the system started. A single Aqueous accumulator will do. Just connect it to the water tesseract on the turbine or a separate fluid port on the reactor.

Reactions: Donut Legend

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
When I kill a mob, for some reason it turns black as if charred, and is drawn towards me like its corpse is trying to attack me. It seems to have no effect, but is a little creepy. What mod is this from?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
When I kill a mob, for some reason it turns black as if charred, and is drawn towards me like its corpse is trying to attack me. It seems to have no effect, but is a little creepy. What mod is this from?
This is from Morph. It means that you can now morph into the creature.

Reactions: Codraroll

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the maximum storage capacity of the Extra Utilities Filing cabinet? Descriptions mentions 270 but that must be different items and not total quantity, as I am currently storing 6-700+ items in one(mana beans). But it suddenly stopped accepting more now.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What is the maximum storage capacity of the Extra Utilities Filing cabinet? Descriptions mentions 270 but that must be different items and not total quantity, as I am currently storing 6-700+ items in one(mana beans). But it suddenly stopped accepting more now.
It depends how you put them in. If you drop items in by hand/via a hopper 270 is the max. But if you somehow had 700 odd go in all at once, then that is the limit. Also, if you are using the upgraded filing cabinet, they hold more :p

What, if anything, can I do in the current state of EE3?
You can transmute most vanilla items, along with those that are pretty common in ore dictionaries/other mods (e.g. copper). I believe the alechemicist chests/bags are done too, so you can have storage on the go, and better storage back at base... Dunno if you can use it to transmute items yet though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It depends how you put them in. If you drop items in by hand/via a hopper 270 is the max. But if you somehow had 700 odd go in all at once, then that is the limit. Also, if you are using the upgraded filing cabinet, they hold more :p
???? How can it vary on method used??? :confused:
Was using a ME storage bus. Thought it was a good way to store produce of my mana bean farm.
I bit the bullet however and made 58 ME block containers and 6 ME drives for it all instead :p That should be plenty storage and I can use priority then to void excess once a particular aspect gets full.