Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
We're using Hamachi, which works excellent for Vanilla and Tekkit Lite. We've had long play sessions with Tekkit Lite, then tried to switch to Ultimate, got error messages and crashes, then continued with Tekkit Lite problem-freely without touching a single setting. That one changed config file is the only difference between our builds. I'll try to see what happens if we try a different pack, though. I've heard good things about TPPI for 1.6.4., for instance.

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Well with hamachi what you need to do is:
Both be in the same hamchi group
You then open to lan, which will give you a port in the chat
Your friend then needs the hamachi IPV4 address (your IPV4 address) followed by the port you got ingame
They then add that server/join the server using the ipv4 followed by the port like so: <ipv4>:<port>
And they should be able to connect

Reactions: Codraroll

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
So... different procedure from Tekkit Lite and Vanilla, then? Can't recall having bothered about the port earlier, yet it still worked well. Okay, I'll try to see if that's where the problem lies.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question all...

I know the Ender Fluid Conduit can handle multiple liquids simultaneously through the same pipe, but does anyone know if there is a limit?

I'm wondering if I can run a single line of conduit from my TiC Smeltery via multiple drains to pull all of the liquids into a 'casting room' where I can split out all the different liquids into their own dedicated casting basins?

Any help is appreciated.

Wagon154

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question all...

I know the Ender Fluid Conduit can handle multiple liquids simultaneously through the same pipe, but does anyone know if there is a limit?

I'm wondering if I can run a single line of conduit from my TiC Smeltery via multiple drains to pull all of the liquids into a 'casting room' where I can split out all the different liquids into their own dedicated casting basins?

Any help is appreciated.
No limit. Think of it as a liquid me cable without channels.

Reactions: Infallible83

ostPavel

Jul 29, 2019
There are like Three FTB Wikis out there now that I know of, and probably a handful more that I don't. Which one is the most actively updated one for the 1.7 mods?

Also, completely unrelated: I tried to set up an FTB Ultimate world to play with a friend of mine. We've been playing Tekkit Classic over virtual LAN for a while, and decided to switch to a slightly more recently updated pack. However, while Tekkit and also Vanilla worked well, we couldn't get Ultimate to work under the same conditions. Then I remembered that I changed one value in one config file (to make the Matter Fabricator slightly more suitable for Single Player, I scaled back its EU requirement to 1 mill. instead of 16), while my friend probably has all his config files untouched. Could this be the source of our problem?
Wikia is dead, the only reason it's still mentioned is wikia's generally high pagerank. Also, using ftbwiki.org has its benefits, as it's not only about FTB (see the Wikis tab), is faster, is more open and thus easier to update (no registration required).
PS I might be a little bit biased :p

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
When I look for information, I care about accuracy and not officiality. I didn't find any info on the QED in the official Wiki, for instance, and the site took ten seconds to look it up. ftbwiki.org had everything I needed to know, including a video, two seconds after I hit "Enter".

Also, Jordsta, in Machicraft my Quarry frames don't go away after I remove the Quarry. Bug or feature?

Reactions: ostPavel

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Jordsta, in Machicraft my Quarry frames don't go away after I remove the Quarry. Bug or feature?
Something Buildcraft related... I don't really maintain that pack anymore. I abandoned it ages ago, it has all the mods. But you may want to update whatever you can :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Playing TPPI which is using Immibis Dimensional Anchors instead of ChickenChunks. And that is all fine. But I am missing the /chunkloaders map something awfully and I am finding the Dimensional Anchors F9 overlay absolutely awful for figuring out what is loaded and what is not.

Am I missing some hidden feature of Dimensional Anchors, is there another way of getting the information or am I forced to install ChickenChunks as well just for the map?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Playing TPPI which is using Immibis Dimensional Anchors instead of ChickenChunks. And that is all fine. But I am missing the /chunkloaders map something awfully and I am finding the Dimensional Anchors F9 overlay absolutely awful for figuring out what is loaded and what is not.

Am I missing some hidden feature of Dimensional Anchors, is there another way of getting the information or am I forced to install ChickenChunks as well just for the map?
I believe JourneyMap has a feature which can highlight loaded chunks

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I think melons spawning in jungles is part of BoP, as I sometimes find melons in jungles when playing on packs that have BoP... It may be another mod though, I dunno. But yes, melons PROBABLY spawn in Jungles (I dunno though as I haven't played the pack)

Melons spawning in Jungles is now a part of Vanilla... I just can't remember if that occurred in 1.7 or 1.8.

Wagon154

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I am already using JourneyMap and it got no such option. Opis does, but that means not using Zan's + JourneyMap. :( And I dont like Mapwriter.
Opis will work fine with zans and Journeymap. And you can hide the minimap of Mapwriter with the map mode change button(defaults to N I believe.)

elitegmr

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to accomplish some things, using the various mods in ftb. I tried looking up all of these with google, but to no avail.

1. is there any way to make oneself immune to knockback from enemies, or if not immune add resistance to it? I vaguely recall a certain armor maybe adding resistance, but I'd prefer non-armor methods since I have full TTKAMI armor.

2. is there any way to remove being pushed around by flowing liquids? The only way I can find is having high aqua / water affinity from Ars Magica 2, and that comes with drawbacks.

3. is there any way to mine at normal speeds while flying / in midair? Aqua affinity enchantment on helmet only works underwater...

And lastly, this is really more of a minor bug than anything but I have a bunch of heart canisters from Tinker's Construct, but sometimes I can only see the default 10 red hearts, even though I still have the extra hp. This frequently happens in other dimensions, no idea what causes it though.

Thank you in advance for reading / potentially responding with an answer to any of these things! :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
When you go to other dimensions the hearts bug out.

I don't think 1 and 2 are actually possible, but I have never used Ars Magic 2, so I wouldn't know

Reactions: elitegmr

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to accomplish some things, using the various mods in ftb. I tried looking up all of these with google, but to no avail.

1. is there any way to make oneself immune to knockback from enemies, or if not immune add resistance to it? I vaguely recall a certain armor maybe adding resistance, but I'd prefer non-armor methods since I have full TTKAMI armor.

2. is there any way to remove being pushed around by flowing liquids? The only way I can find is having high aqua / water affinity from Ars Magica 2, and that comes with drawbacks.

3. is there any way to mine at normal speeds while flying / in midair? Aqua affinity enchantment on helmet only works underwater...

And lastly, this is really more of a minor bug than anything but I have a bunch of heart canisters from Tinker's Construct, but sometimes I can only see the default 10 red hearts, even though I still have the extra hp. This frequently happens in other dimensions, no idea what causes it though.

Thank you in advance for reading / potentially responding with an answer to any of these things! :)
1. Explosion knockback can be countered by Blast Protection. Even with 100% damage protection I usually get a few of these enchants just for this. Knocksbacks from arrows etc. I dont think so(to much regret).

2. Creative flight or equivalent will make you immune to flowing liquids. I much prefer something like the GraviChest for manipulating fluids due to this.

3. Not unless you get a means of mining blocks instantly. I usually get a Gravisuite Vajra or IC2 Mining laser just for this(breaking Wrathlamps in flight etc.).

Reactions: elitegmr