Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Something Buildcraft related... I don't really maintain that pack anymore. I abandoned it ages ago, it has all the mods. But you may want to update whatever you can :)
What? :eek: Honestly, that really disappoints me.
It's barely six weeks since you created the pack. Monday last week, you spoke about updating it! The link is even still in your signature. It also runs on the very newest build of Minecraft, all its mods are very current and evidently in active development, and I really missed a good tech pack for 1.7.

I really appreciate the effort you've put into the pack, but I don't think you should abandon it in silence like that. At least... I know, make an announcement in the thread, or add "no longer maintained" next to it in your signature, or something.

Oh well, in the end I suppose it's your choice. Your pack and all that. So... (and this is actually on-topic!)... how do I update the mods in there? Do I have to manually download and replace files/folders, or is there a button-click thingy?
And if I perchance want to add MPS to it, what do I do?

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I'm curious about what modifiers can be added to the traveller's gear from Tinker's Construct. I'm aware of the ones mentioned in the first book but what about the glove and are there any not mentioned? I know redstone can be added for haste but that's all I'm aware of. Thanks!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What? :eek: Honestly, that really disappoints me.
It's barely six weeks since you created the pack. Monday last week, you spoke about updating it! The link is even still in your signature. It also runs on the very newest build of Minecraft, all its mods are very current and evidently in active development, and I really missed a good tech pack for 1.7.

I really appreciate the effort you've put into the pack, but I don't think you should abandon it in silence like that. At least... I know, make an announcement in the thread, or add "no longer maintained" next to it in your signature, or something.

Oh well, in the end I suppose it's your choice. Your pack and all that. So... (and this is actually on-topic!)... how do I update the mods in there? Do I have to manually download and replace files/folders, or is there a button-click thingy?
And if I perchance want to add MPS to it, what do I do?
You can either do it in the folders just replacing the files. Or on the launcher you can do "edit pack" and remove the old mods, add the new mods, there.
And yeah. I actually abandoned it ages ago, but I will still help people with their issues on the thread...
I still help people with The 95 Pack, which I haven't touched in 3 months :p

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I'm curious about what modifiers can be added to the traveller's gear from Tinker's Construct. I'm aware of the ones mentioned in the first book but what about the glove and are there any not mentioned? I know redstone can be added for haste but that's all I'm aware of. Thanks!

Something with cobwebs for wall-climbing (Glove)

Sent from my mobile using tapatalk.

Donut Legend

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to upload a screenshot to one of my forum posts and it keeps saying error occurred and it won't let me upload my screenshots. Anyone know why its doing this?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to upload a screenshot to one of my forum posts and it keeps saying error occurred and it won't let me upload my screenshots. Anyone know why its doing this?
Upload the screenshot to imgur. Get the URL for the image and post like this:
Code:
[IMG]<link>[/IMG]

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Well with hamachi what you need to do is:
Both be in the same hamchi group
You then open to lan, which will give you a port in the chat
Your friend then needs the hamachi IPV4 address (your IPV4 address) followed by the port you got ingame
They then add that server/join the server using the ipv4 followed by the port like so: <ipv4>:<port>
And they should be able to connect

Thanks a lot! It worked! I got to show my friend my awesome hole in the ground the size of Vatican City high-tech floating base, and we managed to start up a little world for both of us to play in later. Awesome!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Okay, are there any alternatives to PerfectSpawn for 1.6.4? I've tried JadedSpawn, but I can't find permissions for that. I'm about to release what may be the final update for the 1.6.4 version of the Original Running Red, but this last thing is stopping me from updating. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Silly question but for 1.7 direwolf20 is shaders added by a mod or is it apart of vanilla now?

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played since 1.4.7 when I had my own server and I recently turned an old computer of mine into a Linux server and I'm running an FTB server for a few friends on it.
The thing is though I like to have some tools as a admin to keep tabs on everything that happens.
There used to be FE that was trying to come out when I played last but I'm wondering is there any mods or tools nowadays for server admins to monitor users? Maybe something to check inventories, go invis to check for shady stuff, general admin commands etc. I see forge has a good bit of basic stuff built into it already but is there anything more out there?
Right now its just me and a friend on the server but I plan on inviting some friends that I don't actually know irl and don't know well enough to fully trust. So I would like to be able to keep things in check.
Thanks.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
How are you supposed to fuel an Extra Utilities High-Temperature Furnace Generator? No fuel I can think of can be produced fast enough to run one.

Edit: I hate going back and thinking something was too unspecific. I'm trying to use it as an early game energy option, so spamming machines to run one small generator isn't what i'm looking for. I've tried a tree farm feeding charcoal and one feeding sticks, and i've tried a blaze farm.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
How are you supposed to fuel an Extra Utilities High-Temperature Furnace Generator? No fuel I can think of can be produced fast enough to run one.

Edit: I hate going back and thinking something was too unspecific. I'm trying to use it as an early game energy option, so spamming machines to run one small generator isn't what i'm looking for. I've tried a tree farm feeding charcoal and one feeding sticks, and i've tried a blaze farm.
The high temp furnace generators are not early game. For using a tree farm, you are better off making a bank of furnace generators.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Why cant i get enhanced portals to work inside my base?
As soon i place it outside the base it works just fine.

Tried different places in my base, not working.
Outside the door, directly work.

The error comes when i try to connect the location card.
It says error - portal cant be in this location.

dazbuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Very basic question regarding the DW20 1.7 pack. How can a clear a very large(10x10 chunk-ish) area of grass nice and quickly? Ive tried normal vanilla water buckets, but the water flows slowly and never in all directions, so its not very fast. Also tried ProjectRed Sickles, but they do not cut grass, only tree leaves.

Any other things that could do the job? I was thinking of making a Tinkers Construct Scythe, but i have no idea if it would be worth it.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Very basic question regarding the DW20 1.7 pack. How can a clear a very large(10x10 chunk-ish) area of grass nice and quickly? Ive tried normal vanilla water buckets, but the water flows slowly and never in all directions, so its not very fast. Also tried ProjectRed Sickles, but they do not cut grass, only tree leaves.

Any other things that could do the job? I was thinking of making a Tinkers Construct Scythe, but i have no idea if it would be worth it.
That might be worth it, but I think your best bet would be to make a Botania Horn of the Wild. They're not expensive at all, just some livingwood and pasture seeds; check the lexicon index.

As for me: I can't seem to find any charged certus quartz ore. I haven't changed the default values for ore spawning, so is it possible that I am just running around everywhere and not being able to find it? I thought it spawned rather frequently aboveground, but I might just end up having to turn on my ender quarry before my AE system is up and running.

Reactions: dazbuzz

Wagon154

Jul 29, 2019
That might be worth it, but I think your best bet would be to make a Botania Horn of the Wild. They're not expensive at all, just some livingwood and pasture seeds; check the lexicon index.

As for me: I can't seem to find any charged certus quartz ore. I haven't changed the default values for ore spawning, so is it possible that I am just running around everywhere and not being able to find it? I thought it spawned rather frequently aboveground, but I might just end up having to turn on my ender quarry before my AE system is up and running.
Yeah it's not common at all. :/

MrKicker

Jul 29, 2019
What's the most popular mod pack (in terms of users playing, not in terms of personal opinion) at this time?

dazbuzz

Jul 29, 2019

The horn works great, thank you very much. Never done Botania before, but it was fairly simple. Mods that have in-game guidebooks are the best.

Reactions: Eruantien