Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a thread or post which explains ars magica 2's spell creation in 1.7.10. Either it's just me, or the compendium is downright cryptic... and confusing...
My searches thus far have unveiled nothing (by the way, MCF's thread search just... doesn't work... so if there's any info in the AM2 thread, well, it's lost to me... FTB's search works wonders though :)), there's that community spellbook, but that's less of a guide and more of a 'put this in to get stuff' thing. I want to understand the spells more so I can make my own.

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, can you check this picture, and let me know why the energy supply is so bad? It can't even run the three macerators without chugging. What should I set the MFE's to? I've go them on 'Emit if partially full'

You can see the wire mesh in the back, it's like that on the entire back.

2isi5gn.jpg

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, can you check this picture, and let me know why the energy supply is so bad? It can't even run the three macerators without chugging. What should I set the MFE's to? I've go them on 'Emit if partially full'

You can see the wire mesh in the back, it's like that on the entire back.
*snip*
Keep in mind you are only producing 30 EU/t.
Do you have any overclockers in the machines?

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
No overclockers. What's weird is that I had a different set up yesterday, without the batboxes, and that could run nearly all the machines just fine. But the wires were only insulated copper though, perhaps they capped the machines from drawing too much power.

What do you recommend I do in order to produce more energy? I have a vast iron tank full of creosote, but the semifluid engine is only 8 EU/t, so I dunno what the logical upgrade step is for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1413032244][/DOUBLEPOST]Could it be the orientation of my batboxes? Perhaps they are not outputting into the machines....?

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
The batboxes are charging up,... the bottom one is full, and it's not dropping or flickering or anything, just straight 600k..[DOUBLEPOST=1413032402][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah, I think that is the case. There are 5 input sides and one output. I have to turn them around I think.

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
lol everything just blew up... I need to read up on this stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1413032659][/DOUBLEPOST]I did, and now I have three MFE's and three generators pushing power into my electrical furnaces and macerators and they just blow up. Perhaps I need transformer upgrades in them

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Thanks! The problem is I have no idea what I am doing. But I will make a new setup where I first place the macerators and furnaces, upgrade them, then connect them to my power supply.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
if you mean the flux capaciators, hold them and right click. should go all glowy and ready to charge RF-using tools/armor.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I actually worked it out since you answered, but thanks anyway. I have another question: I'm doing some blood magic stuff, and I can't work out how to make a magician's blood orb. It needs 25000lp to make, but for that I need capacity runes, which can only be made with a magician's orb. What am I missing?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I actually worked it out since you answered, but thanks anyway. I have another question: I'm doing some blood magic stuff, and I can't work out how to make a magician's blood orb. It needs 25000lp to make, but for that I need capacity runes, which can only be made with a magician's orb. What am I missing?
Just replace any speed runes you are using and use your own blood in tandem with regen potions.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
In the 1.7 version of AM2, what are the rituals to make Celestial Prisms and Dark Aurems?
EDIT: nvm

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Got a few more questions: first, for some reason my TiC excavator only digs 1 block at a time, not the 3x3 it should be digging. Does anyone know what causes this?

Second (this might not be anything to do with mods): for some reason I have trouble mining. Sometimes blocks just won't mine; they'll sit there forever. It happens randomly, and the cracks that appear on breaking blocks keep flashing as it happens, suggesting that something keeps interrupting the mining. Another thing that suggests this is that tools that instamine a block are unaffected. Is there a solution?

Third: how do I craft elemental ritual stones from blood magic? They don't even appear in NEI, only the blank ritual stones appear.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Got a few more questions: first, for some reason my TiC excavator only digs 1 block at a time, not the 3x3 it should be digging. Does anyone know what causes this?

Second (this might not be anything to do with mods): for some reason I have trouble mining. Sometimes blocks just won't mine; they'll sit there forever. It happens randomly, and the cracks that appear on breaking blocks keep flashing as it happens, suggesting that something keeps interrupting the mining. Another thing that suggests this is that tools that instamine a block are unaffected. Is there a solution?

Third: how do I craft elemental ritual stones from blood magic? They don't even appear in NEI, only the blank ritual stones appear.
One and 2 are related. They are caused by block lag. Are you on a server or single player. 3, there is a pretty good wiki for blood magic, Google it.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'm not sure on the first two questions, unless the excavator is trying to dig up materials that aren't shovelable.

For the elemental ritual stones, you can either use the ritual diviner (recommended if setting up a ritual), or place the blank ritual stones and use an elemental ink on them.