Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How well does logistic pipes interact with tesseracts?

Tested it myself, it works flawlessly with one minor draw back. You can only have two tesseracts on the same frequency. You can't for instance use 4 tesseracts going to say a farm/furnace/mining/crafting. There is a work around though, you can simply chain them, requires double the amount of tesseracts but thats w/e.

Farm > tesseract freq 64 > furnace tesseract freq 64 + another tesseract with freq 22 > mining with freq 22 + another tesseract with freq 88 > crafting > tess freq 88.

So with the above setup if you wanted to take something from your crafting tesseract to your farm it would need to go through all of your previous tesseracts. (88 > 22 > 64 > farm)
Actually no, I don't think you do need that. You could have them all on the same frequency, you just need to change the "sub-net" thing.
Farm - Freq. 84 entitled "Farm"
Freq. 84 "Farm" - Furnace
Furnace - Freq. 84 "Furnace"
Freq. 84 "Furnace" - Mining
Mining - Freq. 84 "Mining
Freq. 84 "Mining" - Crafting
Crafting - Freq.84 "Crafting"
Freq. 84 "Crafting" - Storage

Still uses the same amount of tesseracts as you have mentioned above, but it keeps it all on one frequency. Useful for servers that say you can only have frequencies "85-87" or something like that

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question pertaining to RotaryCraft. I'm playing FTB Horizons and my question is, in the game world, are there more than just the vanilla spawners scattered around the world, like Endermen, Witch, Slime, etc.? Because in the NEI menu there are all of the spawner types with the [RotaryCraft] tag underneath them. So are those creative only, or is there another way to obtain the spawners that aren't Vanilla?
No there isn't. However, you can pick up spawners with either a bedrock pickaxe or boring machine.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Actually no, I don't think you do need that. You could have them all on the same frequency, you just need to change the "sub-net" thing.
Farm - Freq. 84 entitled "Farm"
Freq. 84 "Farm" - Furnace
Furnace - Freq. 84 "Furnace"
Freq. 84 "Furnace" - Mining
Mining - Freq. 84 "Mining
Freq. 84 "Mining" - Crafting
Crafting - Freq.84 "Crafting"
Freq. 84 "Crafting" - Storage

Still uses the same amount of tesseracts as you have mentioned above, but it keeps it all on one frequency. Useful for servers that say you can only have frequencies "85-87" or something like that

I tried that, it doesn't seem to work.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to automatically produce dirt in direwolf20 1.6.4? I need it to make stuffs. I would prefer a system which doesn't take power, or at least not a ton.
This might work, tho I don't know how quickly the Enderquarry looks backwards.. requires power, but at least no other inputs.
Needed: Enderquarry (plus power), bucket of lava, bucket of water, autonomous activator, and a few itemducts + chest.
Make a really small enderquarry area, place the bucket of lava and bucket of water on a corner of the quarries area, so that it creates cobble inside the quarry area, one level below the quarry. Put the autonomous activator above the place where cobble would be created, facing down towards the cobble, on the same y-level as the quarry (so it doesn't get quarried). When the quarry comes along to the cobble, it will auto-replace with dirt. The AA will mine the dirt, then the cobble gen will make more cobble. Quarry comes back, replaces cobble with dirt, AA mines dirt. Pipe dirt out of AA to chest outside quarry area. Might need a shovel in the AA as well.

Does that make sense at all?

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, why doesn't the redstone pump do anything?

The rolling machine is working fine, it's got like 40 plates in it and it is still producing.

Cobblestone transport pipes into iron chest

redstone engine below, with a set lever.

2lvyc6e.jpg

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Why do squids derp through blocks?
Because squids are the derpiest things on the planet?

Nah, they won't glitch through 2 or more blocks, same with most mobs. But they can be glitchy in certain situations:
1 block deep water
1 block wide pool trapping them
missing corners on pools

Hey, why doesn't the redstone pump do anything?

The rolling machine is working fine, it's got like 40 plates in it and it is still producing.

Cobblestone transport pipes into iron chest

redstone engine below, with a set lever.

2lvyc6e.jpg
Are they waterproof pipes?
Is there a wooden transport pipe there?

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
They are regular "Cobblestone Transport Pipe" going from the Rolling Machine into the chest.

The engine is yellow now... But there is no animation of pumping.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
They are regular "Cobblestone Transport Pipe" going from the Rolling Machine into the chest.

The engine is yellow now... But there is no animation of pumping.
You need to put a wooden transport pipe next to the chest, as that is the pipe that extracts items from an inventory

Reactions: buggirlexpres

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
30sypas.jpg

I have a wooden bit now, and the redstone engine pumps vigorously, but no output is transported into the chest...