Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to use presets to make a superflat map in 1.7.10, and it doesn't seem to want to use item names as it just resets the preset the second i exit that menu. It does, however, seem to be willing to take the old number ids. So how would i go about using a block that has metadata(?) such as instead of dirt 3, i want to use podzol 3:2 or acacia wood planks 5:4?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume so... But I never really messed with superflat gen before...
Can you not edit the preset (using names) and then just generate terrain?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
They equalize speed. Wheel keeps spinning at the same speed, etc etc.
And you lose power because the speed of a turbine fluctuates greatly while the flywheel equalizes it. So even if the turbine puts out more speed sometimes, the flywheel will stay at the average speed.

That should be visual only, then. The power should not be lost, it simply goes into spinning the flywheel. Because the flywheel has such a large capacity, brief upward spikes are not noticable and in the grand scheme of things will get cancelled out by brief downward drops. Precisely as it is supposed to happen :p

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
That should be visual only, then. The power should not be lost, it simply goes into spinning the flywheel. Because the flywheel has such a large capacity, brief upward spikes are not noticable and in the grand scheme of things will get cancelled out by brief downward drops. Precisely as it is supposed to happen :p
However, you'd lose power as well when the turbine is not going as fast as the flywheel. It'd be like putting 32 rad/s into a wheel already going at 128 rad/s.

DeadlyPacker

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to kill all mobs in a certain dimension without going there? So in my case a mystcraft world or the nether. /cofh killall (mobnname) works fine from the console but I believe it is only killing mobs in the main world. Is there a different command that you can specify dimension? /cofh killall zombie (worldname) does not work... It just ignores the last word and kills them in the world.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to kill all mobs in a certain dimension without going there? So in my case a mystcraft world or the nether. /cofh killall (mobnname) works fine from the console but I believe it is only killing mobs in the main world. Is there a different command that you can specify dimension? /cofh killall zombie (worldname) does not work... It just ignores the last word and kills them in the world.
Opis can "purge" other dimensions. This unloads all chunks that don't need loading and clears out all mobs. Note: Does not unload force loaded chunks, does not kill players, and may not affect passive mobs.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You could just switch to peaceful, and go to said dimension, that would force all mobs to despawn... Other than that, I think the only way would be to go to the dimension and do /killall... dunno if that would work though, as last time I used that command, it was on a bukkit server with a load of plugins :p

DeadlyPacker

Jul 29, 2019
Opis can "purge" other dimensions. This unloads all chunks that don't need loading and clears out all mobs. Note: Does not unload force loaded chunks, does not kill players, and may not affect passive mobs.

Wagon153, I have a real basic understanding of Opis. I am not sure what the command is for purging other dimensions. A quick review of the homepage didn't help either. Could you give me a quick how-to?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Wagon153, I have a real basic understanding of Opis. I am not sure what the command is for purging other dimensions. A quick review of the homepage didn't help either. Could you give me a quick how-to?
It's real easy. You do /Opis to pull up the interface(Opis has to be installed server side and on your client.) Then you click over to worlds/dimensions( don't remember the exact name of the tab) then click purge next to the dimension in question.

DeadlyPacker

Jul 29, 2019
It's real easy. You do /Opis to pull up the interface(Opis has to be installed server side and on your client.) Then you click over to worlds/dimensions( don't remember the exact name of the tab) then click purge next to the dimension in question.

Thank you for you simple answer. :) A thread that works, who would of thought? :D

Reactions: Wagon153

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to fully automate steves carts mining carts where by they can automatically expand out in a radius type of effect?

For instance every 3 blocks in one direction it will turn and go 4 blocks in another direction then 5 blocks in another?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to make a world Hardcore after its creation?
Use a program called NBTEditor. You load the level.dat file (which is located in the world's folder) using NBT editor, and you can change almost everything (Hardcore, Seed, Allow Commands, etc.)

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
However, you'd lose power as well when the turbine is not going as fast as the flywheel. It'd be like putting 32 rad/s into a wheel already going at 128 rad/s.
Actually, it'd be more like powering a wind turbine with a fart... Super efficient after taco Tuesday.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to automatically produce dirt in direwolf20 1.6.4? I need it to make stuffs. I would prefer a system which doesn't take power, or at least not a ton.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to automatically produce dirt in direwolf20 1.6.4? I need it to make stuffs. I would prefer a system which doesn't take power, or at least not a ton.
Easiest way is probably maceration of plant balls. Though I haven't played around with IC2 in a while so I'm not sure if that's still a thing or not in the newer versions.
Edit: Though unfortunately that does take power...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Question, using 4.2.1 thaumcraft, it keeps freezing my world when I come across a tainted biome, is this a known issue?

TattooGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question pertaining to RotaryCraft. I'm playing FTB Horizons and my question is, in the game world, are there more than just the vanilla spawners scattered around the world, like Endermen, Witch, Slime, etc.? Because in the NEI menu there are all of the spawner types with the [RotaryCraft] tag underneath them. So are those creative only, or is there another way to obtain the spawners that aren't Vanilla?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How well does logistic pipes interact with tesseracts?

Tested it myself, it works flawlessly with one minor draw back. You can only have two tesseracts on the same frequency. You can't for instance use 4 tesseracts going to say a farm/furnace/mining/crafting. There is a work around though, you can simply chain them, requires double the amount of tesseracts but thats w/e.

Farm > tesseract freq 64 > furnace tesseract freq 64 + another tesseract with freq 22 > mining with freq 22 + another tesseract with freq 88 > crafting > tess freq 88.

So with the above setup if you wanted to take something from your crafting tesseract to your farm it would need to go through all of your previous tesseracts. (88 > 22 > 64 > farm)

Last edited: