Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
How can I disable gravestones on player death in OpenBlocks? It's buggy as hell and has caused my players and I to lose a far greater number of valuable items than we would have with regular old vanilla item spills.

I looked at the config file, and it says "B:enableGraves=false". But if it's disabled, why are we still getting gravestones ingame? And how do I turn it off?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
How can I disable gravestones on player death in OpenBlocks? It's buggy as hell and has caused my players and I to lose a far greater number of valuable items than we would have with regular old vanilla item spills.

I looked at the config file, and it says "B:enableGraves=false". But if it's disabled, why are we still getting gravestones ingame? And how do I turn it off?
Do you have another mod that adds gravestones?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm going to give that a try later when I restart the server. I know it doesn't work with every mod, but a test can't hurt.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'd also like to see a way to make it so those making the quests can use other mod packs quest rewards as their own. That way they don't have to think "is this a balanced reward" as they will know that lets say "16 servos" (and AgSkies reward) isn't OP for their pack, so they would have no issue using that, but then they'd see another reward from that pack "16 dirt" and think that's too OP for their map, as dirt is supposed to be impossible to get.
Reason i think this'd be a good feature as I have mad 2 packs that use HQM and the hardest thing, for me at least, was coming up with quest rewards. Because I don't know whether giving them <x> is OP or not as a reward.

I don't know if that sort of sharing would be possible... Each implementation of HQM is tailored specifically to the pack. My scenario would be to tailor the HQM "instance" to the specific mod, which hopefully could be dropped into the pack with the mod. Also, I think the "reward" concept, in the context of a tutorial, has no place. Each quest should be a "consumable" quest with the "reward" being the item you just turned in. The "reward" is learning how to perform that function, after all.

Now, if you configure HQM as strictly a quest system, with no crafting tasks at all, just gathering (i.e. 1 stack of wheat, 16 Zombie heads, etc.) I could see that being transportable between packs as HQM could be configured not to care how the items are obtained. Awarding rewards will be a problem, as giving a pneumatic servo in a pack that doesn't have Pneumaticraft could be problematic and would still require some customization.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Forum question! Everytime I try to open the youtube advertising forum, I get a 1x1 pixel image -.- How do I fix that?

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
When forestry tree breeding, I cross breaded apple oak and blue mahoe for a tree with high sappiness, and faster maturity. The outcome was a blue mahoe sapling with both of these aspects, but they were only on the active side of the treealyzer. Does it have to be on both inactive and active for the tree to be "purified?"

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to continue breeding it, it's useful to purify the traits, because it removes the chance that you lose the trait again in later generations. If you want to use it as it is in your tree farm, it doesn't matter so long as everything you want is the active trait.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to get mekanism machines to input/output correctly using logistics pipes for 30 minutes, am I just dumb or can they not input/output on the same side?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to get mekanism machines to input/output correctly using logistics pipes for 30 minutes, am I just dumb or can they not input/output on the same side?
No, they are pretty similar to TE machines. They have an input on one side, and output on another. You can configure them, but if you have never done so before, then I'd suggest looking on the wiki, as it confused me a little first time looking at them :p

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I am starting to have a love/hate relationship with mekanism...

I have almost given up on this autocrafting of factory machines, I can't get that working either.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Oh, I have to wield the bag. Alright, it works now. Oooh bucket of force. Exotic stuff :D

One more question: I am trying to make an overclocker module. And I need a Tin Plate for this.

I've built a rolling machine, and a redstone engine is attached to it.

I've placed a line of redstone dust to a lever, and I have pushed the lever. The redstone glows, and the engine pumps.

I've placed four iron ingots in the rolling machine, but the button marked: "Iron plate, click to craft" does nothing when I click. The energy meter is showing nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to feed redstone dust into the machine like a fuel somehow?
There are two ways to get the plates you need for virtually everything in IndustrialCraft 2 now. One is to craft a Forge Hammer (I think that's what it's called) out of iron and sticks, and then craft it with an ingot of the material you want to make a plate out of- in your case, tin. The hammer only has 80 uses, so you'll go through several of them.

The other way is to craft a Metal Former, power it, and drop your ingots in, but that requires that you already have plates and power production, i.e. a generator of some sort.

The rolling machine is only used to make RailCraft items, such as rails and plates for iron and steel tanks.

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
I am starting to have a love/hate relationship with mekanism...

I have almost given up on this autocrafting of factory machines, I can't get that working either.

I used a super crafting frame out of desperation, but you had to be tricksy. You couldn't just, say, auto input the recipe from NEI. Anything that required a charged item, like a mana tablet, had to be clicked into the crafting frame. Stick it on the front of a chest holding all the necessary items and then right click the crafting frame to get the item.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do sneaky pipes directions work?[DOUBLEPOST=1412563915][/DOUBLEPOST]
I used a super crafting frame out of desperation, but you had to be tricksy. You couldn't just, say, auto input the recipe from NEI. Anything that required a charged item, like a mana tablet, had to be clicked into the crafting frame. Stick it on the front of a chest holding all the necessary items and then right click the crafting frame to get the item.

Super crafting frame? I'll try that.

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
been playing new thaumcraft with tt(and kami installed) any1 know a good source of auram other than grinding wisp or eldrich guardians for ethereal essence? i'm getting real tired of those eldrich guys grouping on me due warp effect.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
been playing new thaumcraft with tt(and kami installed) any1 know a good source of auram other than grinding wisp or eldrich guardians for ethereal essence? i'm getting real tired of those eldrich guys grouping on me due warp effect.

Auram bean farm :)