Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gmoff01

Jul 29, 2019
Does the new mass fabricator (that produces liquid UU) continue to draw all available power if the tank fills up? With the way that voltage works now, if it stops drawing all the power when the tank fills up, I have a bank of recyclers that are going to explode.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does the new mass fabricator (that produces liquid UU) continue to draw all available power if the tank fills up? With the way that voltage works now, if it stops drawing all the power when the tank fills up, I have a bank of recyclers that are going to explode.
No the recyclers wont explode. Machines will only draw the amount of power that they can use. The base power draw of the recycler is 1EU/t and max draw is 32EU/t. You can upgrade the power draw with Overclockers and the max power draw with Transformer upgrades. The recycler(or any other machine) will only explode when you upgrade the "power draw" above the "max power draw" by putting in Overclockers but not transformer upgrades.

So you can with the new system have a MFSU(2048EU/t) directly supplying a Recycler using 1EU/t out of max 32EU/t and it wont explode. But put in 8+ overclockers and it will explode because it becomes capable of drawing 32+ EU/t. Easily fixed by just putting in Transformer upgrades to match the power draw however.[DOUBLEPOST=1408477908][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a mod that:
- adds good, powered armor
- adds some kind jetpack that also adds armor points
- works with RF or UE
- and that already works with 1.7.10 or will update very soon (so something similar to IC2's nano/quantum armor)?
Unfurtunately, Modular Power Suits hasn't updated yet. :/
Not RF or UE, but GraviSuite is updated to 1.7.10:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6915
You get the "IC2 nano armour"+advanced jetpack, GraviChest(Quantum+creative flight) along with several other cool features like cool tools etc.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Do you use waypoints to teleport around your map/base or do you walk around/fly with a jetpack or other methods of transportation?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod that:
- adds good, powered armor
- adds some kind jetpack that also adds armor points
- works with RF or UE
- and that already works with 1.7.10 or will update very soon (so something similar to IC2's nano/quantum armor)?
Unfurtunately, Modular Power Suits hasn't updated yet. :/
Go check out Simply Jet packs for 1.7.10.
It added a new tier of armored jet pack.
Works as an armored chest piece, charging station as well as giving you creative flight.
Cost a lot though.

Reactions: RedBoss

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
It teleports you REALLY far... Like up to 30k blocks iirc.

Edit: if you drink it, that is.
I had forgotten about the drinking feature... not that exploring is necessary at this point, but hey, things to know for the future.
Like when Optifine stops breaking TE, or vice versa.

E_DM_B

Jul 29, 2019
i'm playing on a server ftb 1.6.4 Monster and i was trying mariculture, but i can't get a fish that isn't raw, i tried fishing with a reed fishing rod and a wooden rod, just raw fish, i fish underwater, just raw fish, i set up a automatic fisher, just raw fish
is there a bug, or am i doing something wrong?
i used different kinds of bait and i get very different fish (goldfish, nightfish) but no fish is alive :(
I haven't used mariculture much, but isn't there an automatic fisher that brings them in alive?

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
ComputerCraft also have analogue redstone support now:
Code:
redstone.setAnalogOutput("back", 5)

You could do something simple like:
Code:
while true do
if redstone.getInput("left") == true then
   redstone.setAnalogOutput("back", 5)
else
   redstone.setAnalogOutput("back", 0)
end
sleep(1)
end

Just run this on a computer, put a lever on the left side of it, and it when you flick the lever it should output the strength of 5 out the back.

thanx man!.. i will try that out :)

Vikings like to make kodes *smashing keyboard*

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
In one of Direwolf20's recent SSP episodes (108?), he uses MFR's power cables to convert from EU to RF. Does anyone know if it can go in reverse, from RF to EU?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
How do I change in the modularpowersuit mod when flying.

Currently when i fly i control the up and down depending on where i look
I want the up and down to be controlled by buttoms

How can i change this?

It specially happens when i fly forward and i look down and suddenly i am on the ground.
Even if i have the fly controll thing on me.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do I change in the modularpowersuit mod when flying.

Currently when i fly i control the up and down depending on where i look
I want the up and down to be controlled by buttoms

How can i change this?

It specially happens when i fly forward and i look down and suddenly i am on the ground.
Even if i have the fly controll thing on me.
Either turn flight control off (I find it to be really annoying most of the time, but useful occasionally, so I have it on a toggle) or find it in your Tinker Table and set the Verticality to zero. This way, you'll get flight more like vanilla Creative flight. Press space to go up, and Z to go down, unless you changed it in the Vanilla keybind menu.

Reactions: PierceSG