Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok fast what could one do to use and or hide around 1000 iron that they may or may not have taken from a friend on a pvp server said friend is hosting?

Reactions: E_DM_B

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Ok fast what could one do to use and or hide around 1000 iron that they may or may not have taken from a friend on a pvp server said friend is hosting?

Own up to being a griefer, beg forgiveness and hope to not be blacklisted? :D

Build a large-scale iron statue of your friend's avatar in plain sight and, if you have the appropriate mod paint it?

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Own up to being a griefer, beg forgiveness and hope to not be blacklisted? :D

Build a large-scale iron statue of your friend's avatar in plain sight and, if you have the appropriate mod paint it?
It is a pvp server the griefing was kind of the idea... but a big iron head that looks like him right inside his place sounds nice and funny, and open blocks paint is just right for this.

Edit I'm also thinking a bunch of traps inside the head would also be nice... **Evil laugh

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question for you guys!

The ordinairy redstone wire has powerloss.. 1 loss pr block right...
And when you use pnaumaticraft you need to lay those redstone wires to change what pressure the valves will open and jada jada jada

Is there a redstone thingy that you can put down to regulate the redstone power without those long wire setup??

Sorry for my English.. I am a stupid norwegian viking who only eat raw meat and drink mead all day

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
you can use wireless redstone transmitters/recievers. That solves the need for redstone wiring almost entirely :)

If you're after specific redstone signal strengths, you can use the artsy vanilla solution with a comparator and a chest (put a certain number of items in the chest at the back of a comparator and it'll output a signal strength proportional to how full the chest is).

There might be something in expanded redstone that can do this with one device but i'm not sure.

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
good idea! why didnt i think of that(?)!... i really dont need it wireless.. but thats better than redstone wiring for sure!

Strange that it is not a easier method, like a switch with different power outputs, like those for spotlights in real life

Thanx!
Viking Happy!

Last edited:

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019
So I just created a Refined bee and injected it with a Fastest worker Serum. I am planning on having 9 alveares, each one running with such a bee, to mass produce oil/fuel. Now I am wondering, can I somehow copy the Refined princess/queen, or do I have to try to get serums with all of their traits and inject them into 8 other princesses?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
good idea! why didnt i think of that(?)!... i really dont need it wireless.. but thats better than redstone wiring for sure!

Strange that it is not a easier method, like a switch with different power outputs, like those for spotlights in real life

Thanx!
Viking Happy!
ComputerCraft also have analogue redstone support now:
Code:
redstone.setAnalogOutput("back", 5)

You could do something simple like:
Code:
while true do
if redstone.getInput("left") == true then
   redstone.setAnalogOutput("back", 5)
else
   redstone.setAnalogOutput("back", 0)
end
sleep(1)
end

Just run this on a computer, put a lever on the left side of it, and it when you flick the lever it should output the strength of 5 out the back.

Reactions: Suppressed

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So I just created a Refined bee and injected it with a Fastest worker Serum. I am planning on having 9 alveares, each one running with such a bee, to mass produce oil/fuel. Now I am wondering, can I somehow copy the Refined princess/queen, or do I have to try to get serums with all of their traits and inject them into 8 other princesses?
No, just put any old princess in with a stack of about 10 refined drones that have the fastest trait, and over a few generations her traits will be forced to be identical to the drones. I ususally put more than 10 in, but I've never seen it take that many generations before the queen is a perfect mach to the drones. You can tell when this has happened because all the new drones will stack with the remainder of the 10 original drones. Chocolate or Necrotic Frames will speed the whole process up.

The main complication is when the "any old princess" has biome or unusual flower requirement, then you have to take the drones to a place that is comfortable for the princes, until she switches over to the new requirements. Sometimes she can switch back and forth a couple of time if you're unlucky.

Reactions: I_am_Jens

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
No, just put any old princess in with a stack of about 10 refined drones that have the fastest trait, and over a few generations her traits will be forced to be identical to the drones. I ususally put more than 10 in, but I've never seen it take that many generations before the queen is a perfect mach to the drones. You can tell when this has happened because all the new drones will stack with the remainder of the 10 original drones.
Just make sure not to beealize the drones! Then they will stack once the "copying" is complete.

I personally use 13 drones together with a new princess(just slightly larger safety margin) and stop copying the princess once the number of drones have reached 20(impure princess' can still randomly produce matching drones, specially with high fertility).

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019
No, just put any old princess in with a stack of about 10 refined drones that have the fastest trait, and over a few generations her traits will be forced to be identical to the drones. I ususally put more than 10 in, but I've never seen it take that many generations before the queen is a perfect mach to the drones. You can tell when this has happened because all the new drones will stack with the remainder of the 10 original drones.

The main complication is when the "any old princess" has biome or unusual flower requirement, then you have to take the drones to a place that is comfortable for the princes, until she switches over to the new requirements. Sometimes she can switch back and forth a couple of time if you're unlucky.

Alright, thanks. By "old" princess, I'm guessing you mean just any princess? Because there is like a bee species branch with "ancient" bees, which you have to go through to get the refined bees.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Alright, thanks. By "old" princess, I'm guessing you mean just any princess? Because there is like a bee species branch with "ancient" bees, which you have to go through to get the refined bees.
Yeah any bee species(that can live in your current biome) will do. Use something that is easily available in lots of Pristine samples like the Rocky bee(you get tons of those from quarrying).

Reactions: I_am_Jens

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah any bee species(that can live in your current biome) will do. Use something that is easily available like the Rocky bee(you get tons of those from quarrying).
I have like 500 rocky hives from a quarry+ so that should work ^^ thanks, after a long time of setting up alvearies and breeding bees, I can finally get my oil production going.

hexe

Jul 29, 2019
hi,
i'm playing on a server ftb 1.6.4 Monster and i was trying mariculture, but i can't get a fish that isn't raw, i tried fishing with a reed fishing rod and a wooden rod, just raw fish, i fish underwater, just raw fish, i set up a automatic fisher, just raw fish
is there a bug, or am i doing something wrong?
i used different kinds of bait and i get very different fish (goldfish, nightfish) but no fish is alive :(

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod that:
- adds good, powered armor
- adds some kind jetpack that also adds armor points
- works with RF or UE
- and that already works with 1.7.10 or will update very soon (so something similar to IC2's nano/quantum armor)?
Unfurtunately, Modular Power Suits hasn't updated yet. :/