Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
is a cactus plate worth using for more damage on TiC melee weapons via jagged?

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ho thanks, both of you. :)
Also, Beeswax functions as a replacement for cactus green when making Pipe Sealant. So you can replace it without access to deserts. But you are much better off with the fluiducts.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
is a cactus plate worth using for more damage on TiC melee weapons via jagged?
Perhaps. If you tend to keep your weapons at very low durability, then adding cactus may well be worth it. However, if not, I'd rather add quartz or necrotic bones.

Then again, if you use your weapon up almost all the way, then install an electric or flux upgrade, you might be able to keep the low-durability jagged bonus once you charge the tool. Has anyone tested this to see if it works better than quartz?

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Can I have Hardened glass without the Induction Smelter ? With the Tinker's Construct's Smelter, for exemple ?
You got two directions to go already, but I'm just curious...what's wrong with the induction smelter? Does it need a resource you don't have yet?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Earlier on it is more difficult to get an induction smelter.
I was once on a server in Direwolf20 1.4.7 where an induction smelter was the first machine I made after a vanilla furnace. I used it to double my ores, and I was right next to a desert, so sand wasn't an issue. Cheaper than a Pulverizer and Powered Furnace together, and has most of the same functionality.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
That:

You are allocating WAY too much RAM compared to how much you have. You are running out of memory and the performance drops you experience is when the computer is forced to use your Harddrive as temporary memory. Get more RAM or allocate less and play smaller modpacks. TBH you only need to allocate 3GB if you play large modpacks in singleplayer AND use highres texturepack.

So how much ram do you suggest me to allocate? 2gb sounds right / 1.5gb?

Well I am playing SSP that is why I allocate that much ram though I thought it could help the lag spike because I assume lag spike happens when there is not enough allocated ram

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Lol anyways》.》 @Narc what is the mod idea?
I'm not sure this is the appropriate venue to discuss it, and it doesn't matter until and unless I actually write it and release it. For what it's worth, it's simple enough that if I get a day or so to work on it, it should be ready.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I've always had this problem with my 1.6.4 worlds. Did it get laggy, say, near night-time or not much longer after dark ?

My theory is zombies invade, then the villagers turn into zombie villagers, and it's the zombie villager code that has a horrible bug in it. My rule : never, ever let a village get invaded by zombies.

I always either leave the village chunk well before dark or protect it like mad.

No it starts lagging after 30 minute playing on real time. Not because the day night cycle though

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So how much ram do you suggest me to allocate? 2gb sounds right / 1.5gb?

Well I am playing SSP that is why I allocate that much ram though I thought it could help the lag spike because I assume lag spike happens when there is not enough allocated ram

In this case, too much RAM may be causing your problem. I would try 2 GB, 2.5 if you're running Monster or a similar pack.

Reactions: reddvilzz

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
There are still caves under oceans. The problem would still exist.
It's been stated that there are already plans to light caves and only clear above 64. Building over the ocean would remove the need to clear and only marginally increase the difficulty of lighting caverns

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It's been stated that there are already plans to light caves and only clear above 64. Building over the ocean would remove the need to clear and only marginally increase the difficulty of lighting caverns

I would take land clearing over dealing with building over an ocean any day, but that's just me.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Beeswax functions as a replacement for cactus green when making Pipe Sealant. So you can replace it without access to deserts. But you are much better off with the fluiducts.
Beeswax ? With the Bees mod right ? Planned to dig it since Ultimate. Plus with the wasps in the Nether with Biome'o'Plenty's generation makes me want to build an army to counter them.
About this : what is Honey in the Nether is useful for ?

Pssh. I like my lunches much more than my deserts.
TMuIA1G.gif^

I was once on a server in Direwolf20 1.4.7 where an induction smelter was the first machine I made after a vanilla furnace. I used it to double my ores, and I was right next to a desert, so sand wasn't an issue. Cheaper than a Pulverizer and Powered Furnace together, and has most of the same functionality.
Yes, but I got sand in limited quantity and I gotta walk a good 100 blocks to get some. I made a pulverizer to don't go. As I am a compulsive miner, I got sand in unlimited quantities now.

I've always had this problem with my 1.6.4 worlds. Did it get laggy, say, near night-time or not much longer after dark ?

My theory is zombies invade, then the villagers turn into zombie villagers, and it's the zombie villager code that has a horrible bug in it. My rule : never, ever let a village get invaded by zombies.

I always either leave the village chunk well before dark or protect it like mad.
It becomes laggy for me too after a good hour or two of playing. I don't share this theory because it happens since the 1.5, in Unleashed pack.

However : I poped in the world, found a house, lived in it for like 2 Minecraft days and villagers were all gone. So I decided to rebuild my base using the village's resources. It look hella good now.

Reactions: buggirlexpres