Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering since i encounter this problem a lot on my SSP.
Anyone know anything that could cause a lag spike?

First i thought it is because chunk loading but in my newly created SSP i spawn right at a village, then i just play near the village for 25 minute or so no new chunks are loaded i guess, well not much only 1 / 3 chunks top when i press F3. And after reaching around 30 minutes playing the lag spike started to show up. I have decent fps around 30+fps without the lag spikes but with the lag spike that keeps spiking around 4 seconds or so makes my fps go down to 0 / 1 then come back to 30+ again, this makes it unplayable after 30 minutes mark.

Anyone know what seems to be the culprit on making this lag spikes?

I have my allocated ram 3gb since my laptop only have 4gb ram with 2.26 quad core processor. And i use java arguments from Eyamas back there in the old support thread. With 224 mods loaded.

Edit: this problem occurs even when i use either fast graphics / everything to low and fancy graphics / everything high

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Anyone know anything that could cause a lag spike?
That:
I have my allocated ram 3gb since my laptop only have 4gb ram

You are allocating WAY too much RAM compared to how much you have. You are running out of memory and the performance drops you experience is when the computer is forced to use your Harddrive as temporary memory. Get more RAM or allocate less and play smaller modpacks. TBH you only need to allocate 3GB if you play large modpacks in singleplayer AND use highres texturepack.

Reactions: Padfoote

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it does lay an egg.

Unless it's actually an enderseahorse in disguise, that would make it female.

Assuming that minecrafts nature rules follow ours. It is a dragon after all. And it doesn't exactly quietly lay eggs like chickens lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
...i spawn right at a village ...

I've always had this problem with my 1.6.4 worlds. Did it get laggy, say, near night-time or not much longer after dark ?

My theory is zombies invade, then the villagers turn into zombie villagers, and it's the zombie villager code that has a horrible bug in it. My rule : never, ever let a village get invaded by zombies.

I always either leave the village chunk well before dark or protect it like mad.

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
I've always had this problem with my 1.6.4 worlds. Did it get laggy, say, near night-time or not much longer after dark ?

My theory is zombies invade, then the villagers turn into zombie villagers, and it's the zombie villager code that has a horrible bug in it. My rule : never, ever let a village get invaded by zombies.

I always either leave the village chunk well before dark or protect it like mad.
It may have to do it in your optimization go over and make sure they are optimized for the more up-to-date mod you are running now

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the maximum storage of a RC steel tank would be 20736 buckets(the 9x8x9 is the max size). The iron would hold half of that.

Deal is. Why on earth would people even want to store more than that? What on earth would require a buffer of liquids that large? Why not just acquire the liquids as you need them with a small buffer to even out irregularities. I am currently getting by with Extra cells storing 1-4000 buckets of each liquid. Once there is a demand for the liquids, Liquids level emitters kick in and starts the production/gathering/whatever of more of the liquids to keep level up.

Indeed. I try to build without fluid buffers. In my previous/current (I can't decide) world, I'm making 10,000 RF/t from Forestry Ethanol, with no explicit buffers other than the internal buffers in the Squeezers, Fermenter, Stills, Dynamos, and Fluiducts. In my base, the largest I'll use an ExtraUtils oil drum. 256 buckets is way more than what I need for lava, water, DNA, etc.,.

Reactions: rhn

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed. I try to build without fluid buffers. In my previous/current (I can't decide) world, I'm making 10,000 RF/t from Forestry Ethanol, with no explicit buffers other than the internal buffers in the Squeezers, Fermenter, Stills, Dynamos, and Fluiducts. In my base, the largest I'll use an ExtraUtils oil drum. 256 buckets is way more than what I need for lava, water, DNA, etc.,.
I'm trying to use it for is to store my excess mob essence, as I explained earlier I have many machines that use it would be nice if after a certain amount my mob farm would shut down it will also allow me to lose less of my actual liquids