Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys wanted to ask
Sometimes i got this on my console:
[WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 3936 to go!

1. What does this mean?
2. What causing it?
3. What's the effect on minecraft?
4. Any fix of it?

Thanks. I hope you guys can help me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys wanted to ask
Sometimes i got this on my console:
[WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 3936 to go!

1. What does this mean?
2. What causing it?
3. What's the effect on minecraft?
4. Any fix of it?

Thanks. I hope you guys can help me

No tech wiz, but I think all it means it that all the "packets" that were intended to be processed in the allotted time was not reached and a backlog formed. It is not uncommon to get them once in a while when doing stuff like teleporting etc. It simply means that momentarily there is more to be processed than your PC can handle. As long as they are not there ALL the time you shouldn't worry I think.

Myrriad

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm trying to basically power a macerator/electric furnace with 11 solar panels each, and connect them directly with a length of ultra low current cable about 15 blocks long. (playing on FTB Unleashed btw), and according to my EU reader, the furnace pictured is only receiving 3 EU/t during the day. Just wanted to know what I'm doing wrong here, thanks guys.

http://s29.postimg.org/o1c8dq92f/sun_pls.png

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
So, I'm trying to basically power a macerator/electric furnace with 11 solar panels each, and connect them directly with a length of ultra low current cable about 15 blocks long. (playing on FTB Unleashed btw), and according to my EU reader, the furnace pictured is only receiving 3 EU/t during the day. Just wanted to know what I'm doing wrong here, thanks guys.

Well, I don't know much about IC2, but it appears that you are using Ultra-Low Current cables. Just a wild guess, but that doesn't seem like it would be able to transmit very much EU. I suggest and upgrade.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Dont post the same issue multiple places. It is badly frowned upon and serves no purpose...
Already answered your question in your other thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/quick-help-with-ftb-unleashed-solar-panels-please-d.48298/[DOUBLEPOST=1406084664][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, I don't know much about IC2, but it appears that you are using Ultra-Low Current cables. Just a wild guess, but that doesn't seem like it would be able to transmit very much EU. I suggest and upgrade.
The Ultra Low Current Cable is good to up to 5 eu/t, so that shouldn't be the problem I don't think.
Ultra low current cable can transfer endless amounts of EU/t in Unleashed etc. as long as the packets are no larger than 5EU. This makes it a very good choice for simple non-compact solar panels, water mills, wind mills etc.

Myrriad

Jul 29, 2019
Was just wondering, if I have my IC2 redwheat growing on crops and set up a MFR Harvester to harvest them, will it destroy the plants down flat, or will it simply harvest them as if I had left clicked them, leaving them to grow with no additional seed input?[DOUBLEPOST=1406092595][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, as an addon to my previous question, am I required to pump sludge out of my harvester to keep it running, or is it simply an option to increase my production of sand and clay?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Also, as an addon to my previous question, am I required to pump sludge out of my harvester to keep it running, or is it simply an option to increase my production of sand and clay?
You can leave it in there and the harvesters will keep working just fine. You don't have to use this step at all if you don't want to.

Reactions: Padfoote

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Was just wondering, if I have my IC2 redwheat growing on crops and set up a MFR Harvester to harvest them, will it destroy the plants down flat, or will it simply harvest them as if I had left clicked them, leaving them to grow with no additional seed input?[DOUBLEPOST=1406092595][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, as an addon to my previous question, am I required to pump sludge out of my harvester to keep it running, or is it simply an option to increase my production of sand and clay?

Last time I used the harvester on crop sticks with normal wheat, it left the plant to regrow. Very handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In my personal experience, the majority of the glitching happens when baby animals are getting pushed into walls by other animals and then just at that time grows into a mature animal. When this happens it is like the location of the animal resets and it just looks for a new free nearby location which is in most situations outside the fence/walls.

Using full blocks(not fences etc) to build walls helps a tiny bit. They have to be pushed really far into the block to glitch out on the other side. But it doesn't eliminate it. Considered using some magnetic thingy(Think there is one from TT) to pull the mobs towards to middle of the room next time I build an automated farm. Hope that helps.
The simplest answer is a "wall" made of 2 blocks thickness, so dig a pit, fence it to stop mobs wandering in.
But, playing Arg Skies, I've used Covers to make walls/pens, and not a single animal has glitched out of their pens. The covers seem to behave better than a fence/single block :S

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or the crag stone making a dirt sounds when i walk pass them?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
In my personal experience, the majority of the glitching happens when baby animals are getting pushed into walls by other animals and then just at that time grows into a mature animal. When this happens it is like the location of the animal resets and it just looks for a new free nearby location which is in most situations outside the fence/walls.
I fixed it by putting a ring of conveyor belts all around the edge of the pen, with one in the middle of each side pointing inwards. That seemed to stop them from ever getting into the fence blocks.

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
So, a million years ago, the builder from buildcraft (the whole point of the mod, imho) was horribly bugged and would eat worlds. Is that still true?

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
So, since neither Big Reactors, nor Rotarycraft, nor Resonant Induction, nor Engineers Toolbox are 1.7 yet, is there any way to generate large amounts of power in one place for 1.7?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Will Mushrooms not spread on Mycelium in daylight/high light level?
(MC 1.6)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
So, since neither Big Reactors, nor Rotarycraft, nor Resonant Induction, nor Engineers Toolbox are 1.7 yet, is there any way to generate large amounts of power in one place for 1.7?
IC2 reactors. I hear they've been buffed and changed a lot.

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Will Mushrooms not spread on Mycelium in daylight/high light level?
(MC 1.6)
I don't think so. And even if they do, it's heinously slow and will not fill a region. If you want to farm mushrooms in daylight, mycelium + bonemeal for giant shrooms is likely to be your best option.