Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joshie

Jul 29, 2019

That's a bit out of date. Some of the descriptions are incorrect. Do NOT trust the wiki.
More up to date info is in the books. A fair few of these are removed in 1.7 though, Or moved to something else. I should note that Luck of the Irish also goes on hammers too, to restore more damage per hit.

*Copies the xml from the books* (Too lazy to make it more readable xD)
Code:
 <page>
        <text x="82" y="-13" bold="true">Enchantments</text>
        <text y="-5" bold="true">Focus Punch</text>
        <text y="12">Focus Punch, increases how much damage, you do when you hit something with your bare fists. Each level increases the damage by 1/2 a heart.</text>
        <text y="36" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
        <hr y="47"></hr>
        <text y="52" bold="true">Poison Ivy</text>
        <text y="78">At level 1, Poison Ivy will poison anything you hit with your fists, at level two, you can ctrl + right click and poison enemies. And finally at level three, you will become immune to poison damage itself.</text>
        <text y="100" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
        <hr y="110"></hr>
        <text y="115" bold="true">Inferno</text>
        <text y="152">Inferno will make your punches produce fire at level, at level 2 you will be able to ctrl + right click to set things on fire, and at level 3 you will be immune to fire damage.</text>
        <text y="163" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
    </page>
    <page>
        <text y="-5" bold="true">Restoration</text>
        <text y="12">The Restoration Enchantment will repair your tools and armor. At level one it will only repair whatever you are holding, At level 2 it will repair your hotbar and at level 3 it will repair the armor you are wearing.</text>
        <text y="51" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
        <hr y="62"></hr>
        <text y="67" bold="true">1 Up</text>
        <text y="94">1 Up will you up to a certain amount of hearts, each level will heal you up to 1 and half hearts. So at level 3 You will be healed up to 2 hearts. Since Enchantments stacks, If you have a total of 7 or more, it will heal you up to maximum.</text>
        <text y="121" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
        <hr y="130"></hr>
        <text y="134" bold="true">Never Hungry</text>
        <text y="172">Never Hungry is an Enchantment that will keep you fed. Each level changes how much saturation you get, and therefore how quickly this enchantment damages your jewelry.</text>
        <text y="180" bold="true">Max Level: 5</text>
    </page>
    <page>
        <text y="-5" bold="true">Sonic the Hedgehog</text>
        <text y="12">Sonic the Hedgehog, when holding down the Enchant Key will cause your player to run at faster and faster speeds per level.</text>
        <text y="36" bold="true">Max Level: 5</text>
        <hr y="47"></hr>
        <text y="52" bold="true">Leapfrog</text>
        <text y="78">Leapfrog, when holding down the Enchant Key lets you jump up more and more blocks each level that it's enchanted.</text>
        <text y="100" bold="true">Max Level: 4</text>
        <hr y="110"></hr>
        <text y="115" bold="true">Step Up</text>
        <text y="152">Step Up let's your character step up an extra half block per level.</text>
        <text y="163" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
    </page>
    <page>
        <text y="-5" bold="true">Paraglide</text>
        <text y="12">At level one, with the Paraglide Enchantment you are able to toggle between gliding mode and default. (Gliding slows down your fall). When you have level two you can also switch to fast fall mode. You change mode by pressing the toggle enchant key(default Y)</text>
        <text y="59" bold="true">Max Level: 2</text>
        <hr y="67"></hr>
        <text y="70" bold="true">Spiderman</text>
        <text y="100">The Spiderman enchantment lets you climb walls like a spider. It must be toggled on and off by press shift + the toggle enchant key(default Y)</text>
        <text y="121" bold="true">Max Level: 1</text>
        <hr y="130"></hr>
        <text y="134" bold="true">Fall Resistance</text>
        <text y="172">Fall Resistance prevents fall damage from greater heights depending on the level it's enchanted to.</text>
        <text y="180" bold="true">Max Level: 4</text>
    </page>
    <page>
        <text y="-5" bold="true">Blink</text>
        <text y="12">Blink lets you teleport around. In order to do so, simply ctrl + right click a block in the distance, and if it's within distance, then you will be teleported to that location. The higher your blink level, the further you can travel.</text>
        <text y="50" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
        <hr y="59"></hr>
        <text y="63" bold="true">Timelord</text>
        <text y="89">Timelord lets you control whether it's day or night. You can change the mode the jewelry is in by right clicking it. On servers 5% need this enchantment active.</text>
        <text y="101" bold="true">Max Level: 1</text>
        <hr y="111"></hr>
        <text y="116" bold="true">Superman</text>
        <text y="153">The Superman Enchantment grants you the power of flight. Each level increases the speed you flight at. If you hold the control key while in flight you can change your speed.</text>
        <text y="164" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
    </page>
    <page>
        <text y="-5" bold="true">Reaper</text>
        <text y="12">Reaper protects you upon Death. At level 1 your items will not be lost upon death. At level 2, sometimes you will spawn exactly where you died. And at level 3 you will resist damage for a short while after respawning.</text>
        <text y="59" bold="true">Max Level: 3</text>
        <hr y="75"></hr>

<text y="90" bold="true">Luck of the Irish
(Mirrors and Fishing Rods)</text>
        <text y="132">This enchantment gives bonus enchantability when enchanting with mirrors, or increases your catch rate with fishing rods. (Better chance in autofishers).</text>
        <text y="150" bold="true">Max Level: 5</text>
    </page>

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Does 'Monster' support the spawning of witch huts in swampland? Not sure if Biomes'o'plenty messes with that but I have never seen a witch hut, or even a randomly spawned witch.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Does 'Monster' support the spawning of witch huts in swampland? Not sure if Biomes'o'plenty messes with that but I have never seen a witch hut, or even a randomly spawned witch.
They only spawn in vanilla swamps and were intended to be uncommon at that. Just about any biome mod will make searching for a witch hut quite frustrating. There's probably at least one within 10k blocks of spawn, but that's roughly the search area you'll need to cover unless you're really lucky.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So who has some recommendations for alternatives to the Buildcraft pump (in Monster, say).

Not Ender-Thermic, I have lava to last a lifetime.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
For what purpose?
Draining fluids in Mystcraft ages. So some combination of puddle, lake and ocean pumping, with an option on oil geysers.

For the oceans I've tried a quarryplus attached to a pumpplus, but I'm pretty sure it bugged and started spontaneously generating lava; my math suggests that, at the time I finally gave up and broke it, I had more lava than was technically possible over that area.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
They only spawn in vanilla swamps and were intended to be uncommon at that. Just about any biome mod will make searching for a witch hut quite frustrating. There's probably at least one within 10k blocks of spawn, but that's roughly the search area you'll need to cover unless you're really lucky.

So creating a mystcraft world that was all swampland wouldn't help me at all since its technically not 'vanilla' ?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Draining fluids in Mystcraft ages. So some combination of puddle, lake and ocean pumping, with an option on oil geysers.

For the oceans I've tried a quarryplus attached to a pumpplus, but I'm pretty sure it bugged and started spontaneously generating lava; my math suggests that, at the time I finally gave up and broke it, I had more lava than was technically possible over that area.

Ender thermic pump does work on liquids besides lava last I heard

vJacko

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with NEI. I have no items in the list at all. Is there a fix other than re-downloading the modpack again? (Unleashed)
BaQ6lTY

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Ender thermic pump does work on liquids besides lava last I heard
I'll give it a shot then and see how I feel about it, thanks.

My biggest concern at this point is speed. BC pumps really don't do it for me since I started using ExtraCells.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
What's the range of a RotaryCraft Mob Harvester?
It should say in the Rotary Craft handbook. If it doesn't, assume it only does damage if the mob stands on top.[DOUBLEPOST=1400783069][/DOUBLEPOST]
What do Mekanism, Gendustry, and Mariculture add that can't be topped by something else? (Besides fish breeding.)

EDIT: Oh, and also, is there a way to run Opis on my client without having its Mapwriter? That part of it kills my FPS, but I can't find a way to turn it off.
Mekanism adds ore quintupling and Gendustry adds a much easier way to do bees/trees/and butterflies. As in it cuts out hours(even days) of frustration.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
So creating a mystcraft world that was all swampland wouldn't help me at all since its technically not 'vanilla' ?
I honestly have no idea. I've never seen a witch hut in a Mystcraft world, but I've never really looked either. Witch hut spawning is based on the seed - the possible locations are pre-determined, but those locations have to be in a swamp biome for the hut to actually spawn. I don't know if that same calculation is done in by Mystcraft. When I said "vanilla" I really just meant the basic swamp biome, not any of the fancy swamp-like biomes added by various mods.