Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Skyswimsky

Jul 29, 2019
Both on Agrarian Skies:
How do I fill a Copper Battery from Mariculture?

How do I get the Sluicer with the Water Turbine to work? I tried so many setups(and watched mod spotlights), nothing seems to work.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Why slime does not appear when I pour pink slime liquid on the ground in FTBLite2? Difficulty is set to normal, liquid just flow and I can collect it back, but no slimes spawning:/

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give it a shot then and see how I feel about it, thanks.

My biggest concern at this point is speed. BC pumps really don't do it for me since I started using ExtraCells.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
It does work on water, but you have to enable it in the Overworld if it isn't.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I noticed from here http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Monster that there are several mods disabled by default. Could someone tell me why each one was disabled? Do some of them cause game breaking bugs or something?
Ehm that list is not entirely accurate/updated as to which are disabled by default I believe. But:
All the Minimap mods were disabled so it was up to you to choose which one you want.
Blood magic was disabled due to graphic nature so children were not inadvertently exposed to something they should not have been.
Lycanites mobs+Special mobs due to increasing difficulty of combat by adding/changing mobs that might not be in everyones tastes.
Meteorcraft due to its destructive nature(meteors potentially crashing down in your house).
KAMI due to its items being somewhat OP.

So as you might see those mods are someone selective if you want them or not. You wont get any problems with installing any of then besides what I mentioned above(besides running several minimaps at once).[DOUBLEPOST=1400788974][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ender thermic pump does work on liquids besides lava last I heard
It can work on them yeah, but by default I believe it is configged to only work in the nether to prevent griefing in Overworld/mystcraft ages etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1400789134][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll give it a shot then and see how I feel about it, thanks.

My biggest concern at this point is speed. BC pumps really don't do it for me since I started using ExtraCells.

The default BC pump has a pretty damn high throughput limit(20buckets/s). If it cant keep up you are most likely not supplying it enough power or you are bottlenecking the fluid output from it.

Last edited:

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
IS there a way to move made patterns from a chest or something into your M.A.C? My MAC and main AE area are on different levels and its a pain running them down

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
IS there a way to move made patterns from a chest or something into your M.A.C? My MAC and main AE area are on different levels and its a pain running them down
Put a fuzzy export bus pointing at your MAC and put any written pattern in its filter. Now any filled out pattern that you dump into the ME network will automatically get put into the MAC. Now you can write patterns from anywhere with a ME access terminal.

Reactions: Padfoote

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently transferring lava from a tank into a Lava Generator to create RF, using BC Transport fluid pipes. I'm relatively new to FTB but I want to be able to stop lava from flowing into the pipes through a redstone signal so as not to waste energy. Is this what a gate is used for? As far as I could tell from reading about them, gates only seem to output redstone signals when there are items or liquids flowing through the pipes. Am I wrong, and if so, what gate should I create that would allow me to send it a redstone signal to block the flow of lava? If I'm correct, is there a method for blocking the flow of lava besides breaking the pipe?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm currently transferring lava from a tank into a Lava Generator to create RF, using BC Transport fluid pipes. I'm relatively new to FTB but I want to be able to stop lava from flowing into the pipes through a redstone signal so as not to waste energy. Is this what a gate is used for? As far as I could tell from reading about them, gates only seem to output redstone signals when there are items or liquids flowing through the pipes. Am I wrong, and if so, what gate should I create that would allow me to send it a redstone signal to block the flow of lava? If I'm correct, is there a method for blocking the flow of lava besides breaking the pipe?
Easiest would be to stop whatever you are using to pump the lava out of the tank(since you are using BC pipes and new to gates I am guessing you are using redstone engines). You could just remove the redstone signal from that redstone engine and the lava flow would stop. This could be done using gates but not sure what condition you want to stop the lava on?

But dont quite understand why you want to stop the lava flow. Dont think there are any engines/generators anymore that will continue to consume lava if there is no longer need for the energy. Or if we are talking about the "idle" usage of Magmatic Dynamos, then just applying a redstone signal to the dynamo will stop it consuming lava.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest would be to stop whatever you are using to pump the lava out of the tank(since you are using BC pipes and new to gates I am guessing you are using redstone engines). You could just remove the redstone signal from that redstone engine and the lava flow would stop. This could be done using gates but not sure what condition you want to stop the lava on?

But dont quite understand why you want to stop the lava flow. Dont think there are any engines/generators anymore that will continue to consume lava if there is no longer need for the energy. Or if we are talking about the "idle" usage of Magmatic Dynamos, then just applying a redstone signal to the dynamo will stop it consuming lava.

The lava flows automatically out of the bottom of the tank and so has no engine pumping it. I'm also using the Lava Generator (That's the name of it, it's not a Magmatic Dynamo) and when it stores lava, it burns turns one bucket into energy for about 7 to 9 seconds I believe. However the Generator is full and is therefor burning off lava and wasting it. However, I believe the Dynamos are the solution to my problem. I'm not familiar with how they work, but you're saying they require a redstone signal to function? (Or to turn on rather?)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The lava flows automatically out of the bottom of the tank and so has no engine pumping it. I'm also using the Lava Generator (That's the name of it, it's not a Magmatic Dynamo) and when it stores lava, it burns turns one bucket into energy for about 7 to 9 seconds I believe. However the Generator is full and is therefor burning off lava and wasting it. However, I believe the Dynamos are the solution to my problem. I'm not familiar with how they work, but you're saying they require a redstone signal to function? (Or to turn on rather?)
The dynamos have a small tab where you can configure them how to react to redstone signals(to turn on on redstone signal, turn off on redstone signal etc). I would think it would also be possible to toggle the Lava generator on and off with a redstone signal(anything else would just be weird in this day and age), but never worked with them myself. The dynamos also throttle them selves depending on how much power is being used and will all but shut down if no power is being used(and reduce lava used as well).

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
The dynamos have a small tab where you can configure them how to react to redstone signals(to turn on on redstone signal, turn off on redstone signal etc). I would think it would also be possible to toggle the Lava generator on and off with a redstone signal(anything else would just be weird in this day and age), but never worked with them myself. The dynamos also throttle them selves depending on how much power is being used and will all but shut down if no power is being used(and reduce lava used as well).

Excellent thank you, the Dynamo works perfectly for my needs.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm that list is not entirely accurate/updated as to which are disabled by default I believe. But:
All the Minimap mods were disabled so it was up to you to choose which one you want.
Blood magic was disabled due to graphic nature so children were not inadvertently exposed to something they should not have been.
Lycanites mobs+Special mobs due to increasing difficulty of combat by adding/changing mobs that might not be in everyones tastes.
Meteorcraft due to its destructive nature(meteors potentially crashing down in your house).
KAMI due to its items being somewhat OP.

So as you might see those mods are someone selective if you want them or not. You wont get any problems with installing any of then besides what I mentioned above(besides running several minimaps at once).[DOUBLEPOST=1400788974][/DOUBLEPOST]
It can work on them yeah, but by default I believe it is configged to only work in the nether to prevent griefing in Overworld/mystcraft ages etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1400789134][/DOUBLEPOST]
The default BC pump has a pretty damn high throughput limit(20buckets/s). If it cant keep up you are most likely not supplying it enough power or you are bottlenecking the fluid output from it.
Nah, I'm just that impatient =P

To wit, each one gets an exclusive power supply (tesseract to redstone conduit to pump) and outputs directly to an ender tank which drains far faster than it can be filled.

The issue mostly has to do with my being paranoid about chunkloading in Mystcraft ages, and pumping small pools in some ages (I don't have a resonant ender page yet, but I have a world with the occasional pool of it, for example). I human-chunkload and I get impatient. Even when I'm already oversupplied =P Collecting fluids is a bit of a hobby.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Nah, I'm just that impatient =P

To wit, each one gets an exclusive power supply (tesseract to redstone conduit to pump) and outputs directly to an ender tank which drains far faster than it can be filled.

The issue mostly has to do with my being paranoid about chunkloading in Mystcraft ages, and pumping small pools in some ages (I don't have a resonant ender page yet, but I have a world with the occasional pool of it, for example). I human-chunkload and I get impatient. Even when I'm already oversupplied =P Collecting fluids is a bit of a hobby.

Well if that is the case, then the pumps are dirt cheap. Make more of them then :p

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Well if that is the case, then the pumps are dirt cheap. Make more of them then :p
This too is a point ;) They do tend to interfere with each other a little, and forget it for oil geysers but it's a good point all the same.

Incidentally, some experimentation demonstrates that while a Rotarycraft pump has far inferior range, increased setup complexity and some odd rules (it won't touch an oil geyser but it'll clear multiple levels of an oil pool, not sure what's up there) it can clear what's within its range in seconds, depending on the power it's given. Although I think it discards anything drained after its internal tank is full, if you're pulling liquids faster than it can eject them.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Thanks for the reply but I tried it several times, all I get is the number of pages which says 0/0 and Next and Previous. It's really strange.
Try the Next or Previous Page buttons. That's usually worked for me for what I think is the same problem.

This too is a point ;) They do tend to interfere with each other a little, and forget it for oil geysers but it's a good point all the same.

Incidentally, some experimentation demonstrates that while a Rotarycraft pump has far inferior range, increased setup complexity and some odd rules (it won't touch an oil geyser but it'll clear multiple levels of an oil pool, not sure what's up there) it can clear what's within its range in seconds, depending on the power it's given. Although I think it discards anything drained after its internal tank is full, if you're pulling liquids faster than it can eject them.
I've crashed my world multiple times by placing RC pumps on oceans. Not sure if Reika's fixed that yet, but it seems that the pump recursively tries to map out the volume it can drain, which causes problems if that volume is virtually infinite.

Just warning you before anything bad happens.

Also, did you place the pump at the very top of the oil geyser? I haven't tested it, but it might not work any other way.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
I have problems with my ReactorCraft machines. When attempting to pipe water into them it seems that they have a negative amount fluid in them, not positive. Help?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Try the Next or Previous Page buttons. That's usually worked for me for what I think is the same problem.

I've crashed my world multiple times by placing RC pumps on oceans. Not sure if Reika's fixed that yet, but it seems that the pump recursively tries to map out the volume it can drain, which causes problems if that volume is virtually infinite.

Just warning you before anything bad happens.

Also, did you place the pump at the very top of the oil geyser? I haven't tested it, but it might not work any other way.
I did, actually, just to see what would happen; it says right in the book that they're not really meant for that, but I was curious.

It took the top block and that was it.

When placed on an oil pool beside a geyser, it'll drain as much of the pool as is in range, but again won't touch any of the geyser blocks.

I'd imagine it's deliberate to keep people using it as intended. It's also very clever coding if it's on purpose, which is to be expected.