Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
At the very bottom of the section of thaumcraft.cfg labeled "general", there should be a line saying "B:wand_dial_bottom=false" Change that to "B:wand_dial_bottom=true", and the Thaumcraft Wand Dial HUD thingy should should show up at the bottom left corner of your screen.

Excellent! Thank You.
I should have taken a longer look! Always the way... when you know what your looking for its so much easier.
Thank god for more knowledgeable people than I.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, man do I feel dumb for this one, but: how in the world do I get the heat ray to actually fire? It has twice the power it needs, I've tried a redstone signal and a pulse, and Google is, for a change, supremely unhelpful.

That being said, I still know I'm missing something painfully obvious.

::EDIT:: I was! It was already working! I was expecting far more from it, based on the description.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is there a good way to get hold of melon/melon seeds? I want to make a magnum torch and I need glistering melon for one of the potions in the recipe :-/

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is there a good way to get hold of melon/melon seeds? I want to make a magnum torch and I need glistering melon for one of the potions in the recipe :-/

What base version of MC are you using? Either 1.6 or 1.7 added melons growing naturally in jungles. Older that that I believe melon seeds only appear in lost mine chests, but they may be in other chests as well.

Reactions: PierceSG

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What base version of MC are you using? Either 1.6 or 1.7 added melons growing naturally in jungles. Older that that I believe melon seeds only appear in lost mine chests, but they may be in other chests as well.

I'm on monster, so 1.6.4

Having not played vanilla in donkeys years I did not know that :)

I vaguely remember the seeds being dungeon loot lol

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
You can try trading villagers to get melons or melon seeds. You can even capture villager in reusable net and use it in auto-spawner. Extra utilities Trading post comes very handy in trying to find them from big mass of villagers.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
You can try trading villagers to get melons or melon seeds. You can even capture villager in reusable net and use it in auto-spawner. Extra utilities Trading post comes very handy in trying to find them from big mass of villagers.

Now that is a highly cunning bit of wizardry. :)

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
what in the world is causing this particle effect?
tZlSs9J.png

making a bubbling around. cant destroy it, and its only on the surface. causes poison effect. never seen before. Using the Monster pack

Last edited:

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
You might get lucky and find them in village gardens. I know that's a good way to find carrots and potatos if you don't get them from smacking zombies around.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
what in the world is causing this particle effect?

making a bubbling around. cant destroy it, and its only on the surface. causes poison effect. never seen before. Using the Monster pack
That looks like an atrocious enlargement of some particle effects that freaked me out once before. I tracked it down to a temporary graphical bug (probably Optifine =/= Thaumcraft); have you tried restarting your client?

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
That looks like an atrocious enlargement of some particle effects that freaked me out once before. I tracked it down to a temporary graphical bug (probably Optifine =/= Thaumcraft); have you tried restarting your client?

I wasn't the one to find it, there are only 3 of us on the server and he hasn't started thaumcraft yet. We both saw it and were unable to effect it. I, at least, do not have optifine installed.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way I can make a weapon that deals massive amounts of damage?
Such an uber weapon would need to be rechargeable/reloadable, of course.

Also, where can I get Mystcraft pages for "void world" and "clear modifiers", how can I make linking panels that have "intra-linking" and "following", and is there a concise guide to the new stable writing mechanics for 0.10.12.01?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

Also, where can I get Mystcraft pages for "void world" and "clear modifiers", how can I make linking panels that have "intra-linking" and "following", and is there a concise guide to the new stable writing mechanics for 0.10.12.01?
1. RotaryCraft. Check out the gravel gun.

2. Same places you get all other MystCraft pages; they're luck of the draw. As for the rest, MystCraft wiki is probably the best source you'll find; I'm not really sure of the new mechanics myself, or what you need for those panels.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Following panels (as with all other obtainable pages and panels, I presume) can be bought from Mystcraft villagers. Should you find a villager willing to sell such a page, you may want to pull a Direwolf20 and bind him up in an MFR Safari Net for later use in an Auto-Spawner, so you can have as many of the panels as you like.

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of any 'dont do this' gotcha's with logistical pipes that folks should avoid?

I have a fairly large logistical pipe storage system. We don't have access to anything in regards to 'large' storage devices so I've taken to using doublechests. on any given row of 3 double chests across I have a logistical chasis mk2, a basic logistic pipe (connector), mk2, basic, mk2. for 10 rows. I have a large number of centrifuges hooked into the system to process bees and the bee products are visible to the system, including tanks for seedoil, honey, biofuel and mass. When I look at my routing table with the monitor, it is currently at 286. I only have 8 pages of items in the request pipe screen, but I also 24 logistical crafting tables set up, as well as my assembly laser/tables.

Everything LOOKS OK. Everything works. There are no glaring loops and I've tried to make everything as concise as possible given that I'm working over a large geographical area. I've just noticed ALOT of lag lately server-wide and not sure if I am the cause of it. Using golden transport pipe, not itemducts, for the long runs between places.